Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I saw this brand on Massdrop once last year and started reading up on them. What interests me most is the material. The way it was described, it sounds like it is fairly wind-resistant. Does that seem to be the case? And how much stretch does it have, with it being so thin?

I have the Hummingbird Hammock Heron tarp and the bug net. I have used them a few times. The tarp is super light 8.6 oz made of 0.9 oz silpoly. The best deal I found for a light weight tarp at $135.00. It is a slick material. I do have trouble getting the tarp into the storage bag with the guy lines attached. It could be a tad bigger. They do go on back order quickly I noticed. It seemed like I had to wait 2-4 weeks to get mine in. The bug net (The Warbler) is 8oz. at $40.00. The netting is much thinner than most Eno like bug nets. I noticed it snagged easier also, but it is much more see through and allowed more air flow, which in the southern humid nights can make quite a bit of difference in comfort. Due to the snag-ability I would not recommend this to someone that is not careful with their gear, teen age scouts or anyone that is prone to stuffing their gear haphazardly. Over all I am very happy with its value for light weight hammocking.

I would have gotten the HB hammock but I had already gotten an Eno sub 7. Eno replaced their sub 7 with the sub 6. The sub 6 has toggles similar to the button set up on the HB hammocks. I did replace the carabiners that came with my sub 7 with a similar button set up that is on the HB hammocks/sub 6. I rigged paracord and some push toggles. Now, Dutch does have some ultra light titanium carabiners (they're around $18/pr) that I may get but someone mentioned the Dutch carabiner tore up some of the fibers on their hammock cordage or the Helios straps connection. I may just keep my set up for now.

One other note on the tarp is the quick connection hardware is pretty easy to use https://hummingbirdhammocks.com/shop/heron-rain-tarp/

The tarp does not have too much stretch, not sure about the hammock.

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    Hummingbird Heron
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hummingbird Straps
    I use the hummingbird straps and a heron tarp. love their stuff. haven't bought a hammock yet, but might at some point. I modified my Hennessy Hammock and have biners at the ends, that clip into the hummingbird straps. Hammock w bugnet, straps, stakes, and tarp all total are just barely over 2.5 lbs.

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    What material is the button made of? That's got to take a lot of stress, and I could see it breaking at the button holes if the material is not strong enough.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    The button system seems pretty good, but why not just use soft shackles? They are cheap, easy to make and the new ones made from 7/64 Amsteel have a breaking strength of almost 4,000 lbs.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12