Page 181 of 182 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1817
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Insulation
    HG TQ, WB Wookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Same or next (business) day of late. Little order boom over weekend (thank ye) has me busy.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you. I was one of those orders. I have a trip planned a couple weeks from now (leaving Fri 4/28), so I was hoping to have it by then.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

Quote Originally Posted by PNWet View Post
    Thank you. I was one of those orders. I have a trip planned a couple weeks from now (leaving Fri 4/28), so I was hoping to have it by then.
    Email us your name and i’ll be sure it goes out today instead of tomorrow

[edit: Nevermind: 10 days you’ll have it no matter what. Email is instant. I check forums once every few days.]

Last edited by Latherdome; 04-18-2023 at 17:21.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBBB
    Insulation
    HG TQ, WB Wookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Email us your name and i’ll be sure it goes out today instead of tomorrow

[edit: Nevermind: 10 days you’ll have it no matter what. Email is instant. I check forums once every few days.]

I got the shipping email last night, thank you.

Edit: received today, well done. I guess I probably didn't need to pay extra for priority shipping. I'll set it up this weekend (practice before my trip). Initial impressions are that it's very well made and thoughtfully designed. Everything in the included carrying bag is 13.6 lbs on my bathroom scale. Looking forward to trying this out.
    Last edited by PNWet; 04-20-2023 at 22:49.

Hammock
    Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Pole sleeves available for purchase

Quote Originally Posted by ChinoUSMC View Post
    TwoSpeedHammocks did an awesome job on these sleeves, and I’m very happy with the results. I hope he adds this to his list of things he could make/sew. Chris, thank you!!! Here’s a li k to his shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/TwoSpeedHammocks

Eventually I’ll swap out the orange amsteel for darker colors.

As for the few inches of aluminum at the bottom, that could easily be covered up with a little moss, leaves, dirt, any natural foliage really.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to give an update and let you all know if you are interested in getting a set of these made to complete your Tensa stand gear I have a listing for a set of the marpat camo ones similar to the picture but can also make them out of a material and color of your choosing(price will vary with the more exotical materials). The link in my signature will take to you my store and if you have any questions feel free to message me on there and I will get back with you as soon as possible. Happy Hammocking -Two Speed

Pole Sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed View Post
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to give an update and let you all know if you are interested in getting a set of these made to complete your Tensa stand gear I have a listing for a set of the marpat camo ones similar to the picture but can also make them out of a material and color of your choosing(price will vary with the more exotical materials). The link in my signature will take to you my store and if you have any questions feel free to message me on there and I will get back with you as soon as possible. Happy Hammocking -Two Speed
    Pole sleeves
    I got my marpat cammo pole skins for my Tensa 4 in the mail today. Chris at Two Speed did a nice job and was great to work with for my special request. Taking them out for a stealth test this weekend.
    Thanks for starting this conversation a while back, ChinoUMC. Really appreciate the idea! And thanks to Dublinlin for sharing diy ideas too, and others who shared their ideas.
    The Tensa 4 has so many options, and the sleeves fit well on the fully extended poles and I like the way they scrunch up on the solo. It adds a little more cammoflauge effect to the clean lines of the poles by blurring them even more. All in all, a great win. And they don’t weigh much or take up much room. So glad I got them. I would definitely recommend. They even come with a small stuff sack in the same fabric with a very professional “two speeds hammocks“ label.

You can get in touch with Chris on Etsy (Two Speed Hammocks) He won’t brag about it but he has hammock camped the triple crown of long distance hiking; the Appalachian Trail, The Pacific Crest Trail and the Continental Divide Trail. He also makes hammocks and other hammock items. Just helping promote another cottage industrialist. You can find his store Here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TwoSpeedHammocks

And thanks to Tensa outdoors for their awesome products!
    Here’s a pic… a black ridgeline and baseline would make it better, but I told Two Speed I would send him a pic so I set it up with what I could find.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MimaPoppy; 05-16-2023 at 15:10. Reason: pic too small

Hammock
    Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Thanks for your business. I'm glad the sleeves worked out well for you. Also thanks to Tensa for making cool stands and sharing the photo on the socials. Happy Hammocking! -Two Speed

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    My Solo works great. I removed the interior part of the nested spacer so the locking pin makes more of a presence. The sections side easily except for the bottom section and the one that telescopes into it. Maybe some dirt/grime causes a little friction, but it feels clean to the touch and it does sound like metal-on-metal.

Is there a recommended lubricant that isn't too messy?

I recall people used WD-40 on their bike chains until they were told it just attracts dust/dirt and alternatives were suggested.

So I figured I'd ask before spraying it with CorrosionX or some silicon product.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

I have not tried this, but I use wax on my bicycle chains. Dry to the touch, doesn't hold any dirt.
    Melt the wax (if you're going to heat with a flame, use a double boiler - the vapour is flammable). Let it drip dry while hot - you won't see a visible wax deposit, it will be quite thin.

A slow cooker is great for melting wax. But again, I don't know for this application. I haven't tried it yet.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    @cougarmeat, mine has that same issue w/ the last two bottom sections when collapsing. I've wondered if I needed to file down the edge some but I'm not sure yet what is actually causing it. I haven't pulled any spacers and I'm not sure mine has them or if I got it before they were being used.
    Anyway, about the wax. When I was in England visiting I learned to rub a candle stub on the bow saw blade for lube, and I do use a dry wax chain lube on my bike chain. That's kinda the norm out here. So my point is that most bike shops will carry a dry wax lube that is already in liquid form and easy to apply, it drys after air exposure. Clean Ride is a good one and the one I use most but Squirt is one that's thicker and might be better for this application. That is if you're not going w/ a double boiler and just dipping the whole end of the section in it.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Re sticky sections, first check for clean, then straight by rolling the involved segments on a flat surface and looking for any gaps. You can then GENTLY apply pressure to high spots to micro-bend back straight. A waxy lube can also help. Boeshield T-9, yes used in the bike industry from which I hail, is a go-to. A little goes a long way. Silicone probably also fine, maybe even better.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 181 of 182 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182 LastLast