Page 176 of 182 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1817
    Sorry another question:

I am a about to set up my stand for the first time. Just got it last week.

In step 6 on page 3 of the manual, it says: " Attach the black end of a guyline to the bottom ( foot end) apex, passing the pole connector line through one of the upper daisy chain loops to0 leave a tail of loops inside the stand. This will be your hammock suspension.". Does anyone have a picture or video of this step that they could put in this thread? I think I know what to do but I dont want to screw up and ruin my poles. Im thinking the guyline would just be supported by the pole connector cord that passes through a daisychain and thus not connected directly to any pole. Is that correct? Im a picture guy and I cant quite make out the configurations in the pics found in the manual.

Thank you folks in advance.

Bob

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Check this out if you haven’t already - it helped me get mine setup the first time. It’s easy once you se it, but….takes a little to get there! .

https://youtu.be/LKms3ZVyUsA

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    A pole maintenance and stake holding questions .... I’ll be using the poles around sandy and sometimes gritty areas. Is there a preferred way of cleaning - or just rinse with clean water. I’m wondering if treating the poles with anythings - because of metal-on-metal friction, would make things operate smoothly WITHOUT coating your hands with gunk. Is rust protection and issue?

With three choices of stakes - the 9” and 12” orange screws and the longer boomstakes, what is your experience/successes with each type in different types of soil; like boomstakes for grass, orange screws for sand? That type of thing.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpatter View Post
    Check this out if you haven’t already - it helped me get mine setup the first time. It’s easy once you se it, but….takes a little to get there! .

https://youtu.be/LKms3ZVyUsA
    Tpatter,

Thanks for responding. Ive watched this video I dont know how many times the last three years.

Ive got the newest version I think of the Tensa. It is all webbing now so its slightly different than this Video.

Thanks again.

Bob

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    Sorry another question:

I am a about to set up my stand for the first time. Just got it last week.

In step 6 on page 3 of the manual, it says: " Attach the black end of a guyline to the bottom ( foot end) apex, passing the pole connector line through one of the upper daisy chain loops to0 leave a tail of loops inside the stand. This will be your hammock suspension.". Does anyone have a picture or video of this step that they could put in this thread? I think I know what to do but I dont want to screw up and ruin my poles. Im thinking the guyline would just be supported by the pole connector cord that passes through a daisychain and thus not connected directly to any pole. Is that correct? Im a picture guy and I cant quite make out the configurations in the pics found in the manual.

Thank you folks in advance.

Bob
    Top of page 5 of the user guide shows the end result. You are correct that the guyline is supported by the connector. Whether you thread the connector through a daisy-chain loop or pass a loop over the pole end to rest on the connector, the result is substantially the same. You won’t wreck the poles as long as you don’t subject them to strong bending forces. Loading them only at the ends (i.e., at the connectors) assures they stay in compression, no side loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Latherdome,

Thank you. Thought that is what needed to be done but was leery.

Thanks all.

Greetings,

Today for the first time, I set up my Tensa 4 and my Tensa 4 Tarp Extenders. One word.... WOW ! Incredibly well made, hammocking tool. I cant say enough good things.

Thanks to everyone for all their help and guidance. Cant wait to get it into the woods or on the river.

Be safe all.

Bob
    Last edited by Draketake; 04-16-2022 at 15:08.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Great to hear Bob! The Tensa4 has really extended my hammock usage into new realms. It's a fantastic piece of equipment.

Thanks Crazy,

I pretty much got this for the Desert and for floating the Deschutes. Jumipers and sagebrush dont provide a lot of good hanging opportunities.

Happy Easter all.

Bob

Hammock
    Nakie
    Tarp
    Nakie
    Insulation
    DIY prot. w. clips
    Suspension
    Nakie / Tensa4

Red face

I just got tensa4 as a birthday gift from my husband 🥳.

I immediately realized the see-saw solution to have interchangeable head and foot end would be a good idea, since I plan to be putting it next to the deck in the backyard, and my daughter and her friends are likely to wanna use the hammock also. I have this deck anchors I’ve yet to use, and I thought they’d be handy on one side and the orange screw on the other.

But when googling I realize some deck anchors are sold with springs assumingely keeping the anchors in place, and I wonder if buying anchors without springs was a mistake?

Is there some hack to safely use deck anchors that don’t have the springs with the see-saw solution, so they don’t twist when not tensioned? Can I buy inexpensive springs to add myself (I live in Sweden)? Or should I just put the stand beside the deck to be about to use orange screws on both sides (and place the hammock beside the deck instead)?
    E29B152A-1E80-46F2-AFF6-A9EAA8BD52C3.jpeg

• + New Posts
  • Page 176 of 182 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast