Custom
    Tarp
    Custom
    Insulation
    Underquilt/Top Qui
    Suspension
    Spiderwebbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    You’ve set it up in one of the several acceptable ways. We’re in process of revising documentation. Sneak preview:

Attachment 187416

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent! And thank you very much, the stand is awesome and you guys have been great. I'm going on my first camping trip with it at the end of the month and I'm excited.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    We are loving the new upgraded ball loops! So much easier than the originals. It was worth the money to order three full sets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    We are loving the new upgraded ball loops! So much easier than the originals. It was worth the money to order three full sets.

We marvel at how long it took to arrive at what now seems to be very obviously the best solution. See also pic above: we now route the loops through a hole in the feet, not through holes in the tubing. Adds to effective pole length for more spaciousness, minimizes clatter, minimizes former variability of which pole is inner and which outer since they more nearly kiss at tips, and saves us having to manually deburr those holes while extending service life of the ball loops. Had some (ongoing) expensive headaches with the new inner feet design and production, but we see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Also: new feet design should retrofit to all production since late 2018 (though the “large connector holes” second production is trickier). It will be several months at least before we have any loose stock for retrofit, however. See headaches above.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    We marvel at how long it took to arrive at what now seems to be very obviously the best solution. See also pic above: we now route the loops through a hole in the feet, not through holes in the tubing. Adds to effective pole length for more spaciousness, minimizes clatter, minimizes former variability of which pole is inner and which outer since they more nearly kiss at tips, and saves us having to manually deburr those holes while extending service life of the ball loops. Had some (ongoing) expensive headaches with the new inner feet design and production, but we see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I see another upgrade coming. Hey, I'm going to find your email and send you pictures from Dry Tortugas. It was amazing and our Tensa stands made it possible! We probably sold a couple stands too as well used them there as well as all over Florida and people asked about them! I'll be in touch!

www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Also: new feet design should retrofit to all production since late 2018 (though the “large connector holes” second production is trickier). It will be several months at least before we have any loose stock for retrofit, however. See headaches above.

Looks like I bought my 2 “v2” stands in September 2018 and March 2019– so these should compatible with an (eventual) retrofit, eh? (The larger connector holes were a later production than mine, no?). I love the continued iteration and improvement of Tensa4 products Looking forward to eventually being able to get this update.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sloanie View Post
    Looks like I bought my 2 “v2” stands in September 2018 and March 2019– so these should compatible with an (eventual) retrofit, eh? (The larger connector holes were a later production than mine, no?). I love the continued iteration and improvement of Tensa4 products Looking forward to eventually being able to get this update.
    Any of the keyed tubing stands will work with the new feet, even the ones with the larger holes.

These new feet are designed to be removable - but will require either a tool or a technique to do so. The ONLY reason to remove the feet is to attach the tarp extension for Solo conversion. As soon as the tool has been designed and printed it will be included with Solo conversion kits. It will also be available in the "Parts" section of our store.

I just retired 6 months early from my medical practice and am focusing on getting our new and improved Trekking Treez out. Different subject than this thread, but the new version (Trekking Treez v2.0 'Svelte') is lighter, sleeker, better connections between sections, and has a better adjustment system. Latherdome and I are working on the instruction manual and set up video as I write this. Once done the product (first few) will get released to the wild. We have a much larger order of raw tubes about to leave the factory, so it shouldn't be months before the larger batch is ready. It is an incredible amount of work to go from raw tubes to finished product, so no promises, however.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Any of the keyed tubing stands will work with the new feet, even the ones with the larger holes.

These new feet are designed to be removable - but will require either a tool or a technique to do so. The ONLY reason to remove the feet is to attach the tarp extension for Solo conversion. As soon as the tool has been designed and printed it will be included with Solo conversion kits. It will also be available in the "Parts" section of our store.

I just retired 6 months early from my medical practice and am focusing on getting our new and improved Trekking Treez out. Different subject than this thread, but the new version (Trekking Treez v2.0 'Svelte') is lighter, sleeker, better connections between sections, and has a better adjustment system. Latherdome and I are working on the instruction manual and set up video as I write this. Once done the product (first few) will get released to the wild. We have a much larger order of raw tubes about to leave the factory, so it shouldn't be months before the larger batch is ready. It is an incredible amount of work to go from raw tubes to finished product, so no promises, however.
    Awesome! I can’t wait to see the v2.0 Trekking Treez!

Heya hiya...my stand just arrived...thank you for the quick turn-around. USPS was good, everything arrived fine. Currently taking over the living room for initial set-up.

Would welcome a few more chords on instructions step 6...while I did grok the new ball end connections as mentioned here, the size of the anchor daisy chain webbing gap is a bit small to fit over a pole end when continuing the web to use for suspension. I've currently removed the thread ball loop from one pole, slipped a chain over so it cups one end, then resecured the loop back over the ball. Seems to work, but it's tight.

Also planning to rotate a couple of hammocks through, each with their own suspension. Would welcome some guidance on what to look for when swapping ridgelines, will likely rotate in my amsteel and replace the webbing ridgeline as I need to think through hammock and tarp connections. Seems like it's okay to focus attachment points on just one pole & connector, not both poles together, and also look for wear and tear over time.

Ultimately, would love to see detail pictures of 1) default anchor webbing around poles with new ball ends and used in hammock suspension; 2) same layout with a tarp attached (any example is fine); 3) same as #1 and #2 with Amsteel option.

First impressions overall: I'm liking it a lot. Looking forward to refining and getting this out on the road.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast Sensei View Post
    Heya hiya...my stand just arrived...thank you for the quick turn-around. USPS was good, everything arrived fine. Currently taking over the living room for initial set-up.

Would welcome a few more chords on instructions step 6...while I did grok the new ball end connections as mentioned here, the size of the anchor daisy chain webbing gap is a bit small to fit over a pole end when continuing the web to use for suspension. I've currently removed the thread ball loop from one pole, slipped a chain over so it cups one end, then resecured the loop back over the ball. Seems to work, but it's tight.

Also planning to rotate a couple of hammocks through, each with their own suspension. Would welcome some guidance on what to look for when swapping ridgelines, will likely rotate in my amsteel and replace the webbing ridgeline as I need to think through hammock and tarp connections. Seems like it's okay to focus attachment points on just one pole & connector, not both poles together, and also look for wear and tear over time.

Ultimately, would love to see detail pictures of 1) default anchor webbing around poles with new ball ends and used in hammock suspension; 2) same layout with a tarp attached (any example is fine); 3) same as #1 and #2 with Amsteel option.

First impressions overall: I'm liking it a lot. Looking forward to refining and getting this out on the road.
    Just a quick caution, in case you didn't already know(I could not tell for sure from your post): Do not wrap any hammock suspension around BOTH poles. Unless the ball end cord connecting the poles or perhaps the stand ridgeline are able to stop it from happening, a weighted suspension loop(strap, or continual loop, whatever) can slip down towards the middle of the poles and bend them. So, make sure this can't happen before putting weight in the hammock. This really can't happen if the hammock suspension or CL is attached at the top of 1 pole, above the ball cords, to just one pole. It also can not happen if attaching to the ball cords(I don't know what they are actually called) EDIT: BALL LOOP CONNECTORS cord BETWEEN the two poles. Or if attaching hammock to daisy chain loops, by carabiner or otherwise. Bottom line, make sure there is something to stop your hammock suspension from sliding down a pole. Some one correct me if I have that wrong.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 01-16-2022 at 17:17.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Just a quick caution, in case you didn't already know(I could not tell for sure from your post): Do not wrap any hammock suspension around BOTH poles.
    Yup, got that one down. Actually read the instructions, it's the first bullet under "Don'ts". The puzzle I'm sorting through now is with the 'new' ball caps & loops...while the new location seems great for keeping the poles together, not a lot of room up there for looping over a daisy chain webbing or amsteel. So looking for some extra guidance there so I don't inadvertently do something bad.

• + New Posts
  • Page 172 of 182 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast