banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    Cougarmeat, how do you split the Tensa4 in two, each person with their own "V"? I'm taking it you mean you use two poles on one end rather than just one pole (Solo style)? Is there someplace where I can see a photo of that or a video, because I am having trouble visualizing how that works.
    https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/one-tre...v=7516fd43adaa

See also page 8 of User Guide: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/wp-cont...v=7516fd43adaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Images
    I may have had some stakes at each foot, or a cord running from each foot out to the boom stake, or not, I can't remember. But it did not slip.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Thanks Latherdome! I didn't see your reply until I had already updated my earlier post referencing the article on your site. Can't believe I didn't recall it being included in the User Guide, though, as I honestly did read it cover to cover back when I first received my Tensa4. I'm eager to try that formation out now! Maybe this afternoon after work. I'm assuming that the inverted V formation, even with requiring only a single ground anchor, would still be more stable than using only one pole Solo-style?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I may have had some stakes at each foot, or a cord running from each foot out to the boom stake, or not, I can't remember. But it did not slip.
    Hmmm...kind of hard to tell from that picture but it doesn't LOOK like you have it anchored under the apex. Also, a cord running straight between the two feet is visible. The take-away being that there are multiple configurations that can be utilized. I'm eager to get outside and experiment around with pieces of my Tensa4.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    I'm assuming that the inverted V formation, even with requiring only a single ground anchor, would still be more stable than using only one pole Solo-style?
    It is more stable in that if you lean the V enough, so its feet are on the tree side of your center of gravity in the hammock, head away from tree and suspension inline with the poles, you don’t need to guy out the apex at all (same as head end in normal configuration), thus avoiding the #1 issue of monopod/bipod stands: anchors pull out.

I’ve seen several instances of people set up the V as you would any other bipod, fairly upright, such that the head apex needs guying out. While that may work, it's no more stable than other mono/bipod stands in terms of anchor stability. Let the long poles do the work by laying them inline with suspension! Then all you need do is assure the feet don’t slide treeward. That’s easier than securing an apex when the hammock is pulling it treeward instead of inline.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    It is more stable in that if you lean the V enough, so its feet are on the tree side of your center of gravity in the hammock, head away from tree and suspension inline with the poles, you don’t need to guy out the apex at all (same as head end in normal configuration), thus avoiding the #1 issue of monopod/bipod stands: anchors pull out.

I’ve seen several instances of people set up the V as you would any other bipod, fairly upright, such that the head apex needs guying out. While that may work, it's no more stable than other mono/bipod stands in terms of anchor stability. Let the long poles do the work by laying them inline with suspension! Then all you need do is assure the feet don’t slide treeward. That’s easier than securing an apex when the hammock is pulling it treeward instead of inline.
    Ok! I think I understand now! Thanks!!! Can't wait to actually try it!

Hammock
    Custom
    Tarp
    Custom
    Insulation
    Underquilt/Top Qui
    Suspension
    Spiderwebbing
    Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I just got my Tensa4 and it looks like I got one with newer hardware. The connection point for the ball loops is now on the feet rather than the poles. This has caused me some questions with the tarp extenders, I wonder if I'm connecting them properly? Is there anyone else out there with the newest version of the stand that can tell me if this looks correct to you? PXL_20220112_015647055.jpg PXL_20220112_015640336.jpgPXL_20220112_015611193.jpg PXL_20220112_015601366.MP.jpg

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    You’ve set it up in one of the several acceptable ways. We’re in process of revising documentation. Sneak preview:

IMG_1069.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Epic trip to Dry Tortugas National Park! Only way to sleep in a hammock is with a stand there. No attaching anything to the meager stunted trees. Tensa for the WIN!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Images
    Hmmm...kind of hard to tell from that picture but it doesn't LOOK like you have it anchored under the apex. Also, a cord running straight between the two feet is visible. The take-away being that there are multiple configurations that can be utilized. I'm eager to get outside and experiment around with pieces of my Tensa4.
    Sorry, some how I missed your comment from back in November. But, yes, it is tethered from the Apex to a boom Stake. What I can't remember from that picture is whether or not I had stakes driven into the ground at lt and rt feet, inside the steel cables that connects the foot end of the stand poles, to keep them from slipping towards the tree. I normally do have stakes for that purpose, I just can't remember about this first use of this method for my Warbonnet bridge Hammock.

But now when I read Latherdome's response quote from below, I am wondering if, when using one tree, if I switch my head end towards the Apex, can I get that bridge Hammock and other Hammocks close enough to the Apex where I won't even have to use an anchor at all? Or perhaps just a counterweight? Sounds like another fun experiment coming up!

Wow! Something new to experiment with! I would've never thought of that, so thank you! I'll start with my gathered end hammocks, and then see if I can also do that with a bridge Hammock and have enough room so that my spreader bars don't hit the stand. This won't be of any benefit to me, I don't think, on my porch where there is a tendency for the feet to slip on the smooth surface. I have actually had to run a tether from each foot to a head end anchor. Although admittedly, I have not had near as much trouble with that since I got your version with a little black rubber feet. I had some old beat up sun damaged rubber feet on my DIY version, but it slipped like crazy. I really didn't have trouble with the head end Apex wanting to mouse trap on me. I only had trouble with the rubber feet wanting to slip towards the foot end. But out in the yard, either that's not a problem because the feet want to dig into the ground, or I am able to prevent it by driving a stake in at the feet.

So far I have had great luck with both my DIY boom stake and the boom stake(as well as the orange screw) you sent me with the commercial version. But now I want to experiment with this "one tree but get closer to the apex of the stand" approach and see if I can do without a boom or orange stake all together. I am after all always a little paranoid about those stakes pulling out, even though no issues so far. Also, not needing that stake would be be more convenient. So thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 01-13-2022 at 18:30.

• + New Posts
  • Page 171 of 182 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast