Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Lotta big words there!
    No, I thought I was setting it up as the instructions showed me.
    Maybe I goofed but it sure is working.
    Syllables are my specialty. If the poles are all the same length (should be) I can't account for why they don't lay in a V when collapsed, is all.

Edit: Ooh! ooh! I see it at https://youtu.be/6PlOp6NPOuA?t=504 in your intro vid: the left side head pole isn't fully extended. You see the close overlaps there in frame. This may or may not have contributed to some clearance issues/extra tweaking you experienced.
    Last edited by Latherdome; 08-19-2018 at 21:47.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Syllables are my specialty. If the poles are all the same length (should be) I can't account for why they don't lay in a V when collapsed, is all.

Edit: Ooh! ooh! I see it at https://youtu.be/6PlOp6NPOuA?t=504 in your intro vid: the left side head pole isn't fully extended. You see the close overlaps there in frame. This may or may not have contributed to some clearance issues/extra tweaking you experienced.
    I though that had more to do as to how the two poles come together at the base on one side. All four poles were fully extended.
    Did try double wrapping the base toggle through the loop but found that more work to un-do on take-down.
    I like imperfections!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    All four poles were fully extended.
    No sir: the next-to-last segment shown here is still sunk. That pole can be a little shy of 18" longer when pulled out so all holes have button heads sticking through, with no segment lips resting on button heads:

Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    No sir: the next-to-last segment shown here is still sunk. That pole can be a little shy of 18" longer when pulled out so all holes have button heads sticking through:

Ahhhh....I failed!!~~~
    I'll be looking out for that next time.
    Good thing I threw that camera so we can see that shape from above.

Lets just keep it between us.

Haaa

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    No failure at all. What you said about imperfections: it still worked. First time I lost a spring button, I felt a shudder of doom. I shoved a corkscrew into the hole: worked. Raftingtigger pronounced it a victory of field serviceability. Thank you so much for the video!
    --

Hammock
    Ticket To The Moon
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Quilt
    Suspension
    Hammock Straps
    I spoke too soon. My son apparently retreated to the bed after I'd fallen asleep. The last night of our vacation I just went ahead and packed away his stand as he finally told me he was too afraid of getting taco'd again to be able to fall asleep. I slept beautifully all three nights, despite one taco'ing incident while trying to get out of the stand and half asleep. I definitely need some time tweaking the hang so that my hammock is a touch closer to the ground. I think I'm going to try some continuous loops like Shug had in his video to allow a little more adjustability.

My son said he was willing to give the stand another try if we're camping and there's a head tether, so I've plunked down deposit money for the upgraded versions (can't let my son have an upgraded one if I don't get one too!!!). Once I have enough posts I'll list the original pair for sale in the for sale forum.

Since all my hammocks are set up with a fixed ridgeline, I'm thinking about making some top loops to attach the poles without the line running between the line. Might make it a little easier to have one less line to manage. Then again it is kinda nice to be able to get the stand set up before attaching the hammock. So something to play with even if I don't end up deciding I want to use it long term.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Tensa4 on a steep slope and with bridge hammock.
    Slope looks like my buttocks is touching the ground but it is not. It is just the ground angle and camera placement.
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner...Takes some fiddling. Had to wrap buckle where the V on the suspension meets the strap around the Tensa4 ends.
    Shug

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyFaile View Post
    I spoke too soon. My son apparently retreated to the bed after I'd fallen asleep. The last night of our vacation I just went ahead and packed away his stand as he finally told me he was too afraid of getting taco'd again to be able to fall asleep. I slept beautifully all three nights, despite one taco'ing incident while trying to get out of the stand and half asleep. I definitely need some time tweaking the hang so that my hammock is a touch closer to the ground. I think I'm going to try some continuous loops like Shug had in his video to allow a little more adjustability.

My son said he was willing to give the stand another try if we're camping and there's a head tether, so I've plunked down deposit money for the upgraded versions (can't let my son have an upgraded one if I don't get one too!!!). Once I have enough posts I'll list the original pair for sale in the for sale forum.

Since all my hammocks are set up with a fixed ridgeline, I'm thinking about making some top loops to attach the poles without the line running between the line. Might make it a little easier to have one less line to manage. Then again it is kinda nice to be able to get the stand set up before attaching the hammock. So something to play with even if I don't end up deciding I want to use it long term.
    Wish I could coach closer on the taco issue. For indoor setups, the head tether not always as easy as just using a heavy counterweight, assuring adequate headward lean, and letting out the ridgeline (and hammock suspension) a good ways. Meanwhile it is bog simple to fashion a head tether for the stands you own until the new arrive.

Note that we're knocking $100 off the new flavors for those who bought the first generation, in thanks. This way, if you are able to resell the old for $200, you'll not be out any cash in the upgrade. We should note that when we hit you up for the balance, but please remind if we mess up.

No problems skipping the stand's ridgeline if your hammock has one. It's even doable without any ridgeline whatsoever, but that's way too wobbly waterbed-like for most people's taste.
    --

Hammock
    Sld TR blck, WBRR 2x
    Tarp
    Rsbtr kit hex 12 b
    Insulation
    Phnx. 40, WL shell
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    What is the new model? Is it just shipping with a head tether? if i retro fit mine (single tether) what type of bungie cord do you suggest?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony c View Post
    What is the new model? Is it just shipping with a head tether? if i retro fit mine (single tether) what type of bungie cord do you suggest?
    Details of new production here: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/08...or-the-better/ . Biggest single improvement are the non-round tubes, greatly speeding setup time. Took us many months to source, design, test, manufacture: worth it.

Note that we are offering $100 off the new version to those who supported us early with purchase of first production.

Very easy to fashion a head tether with most any line, boot laces, etc. The shock cord is optional; any elastic you can find will do. Check Shug's vid for detail of how we did it: https://youtu.be/6PlOp6NPOuA . It takes up just a little of the static line, to allow the head to move a bit, but only so far before the static line holds firm.
    --

• + New Posts
  • Page 38 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast