Page 69 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    We can’t help with lawnmowers directly. We hope a forthcoming change to pole connection style might make it a little harder to do the wrong thing, or at least most obvious to do the safest thing. Happy in both cases to have repaired all damage from our loose parts service: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/product/parts-a-la-carte/
    Awesome— I’ve been wanting to get the new ridgeline for the v1.

What’s the difference between the feet? (#1 and #4)? I bought a bag of 1” feet on Amazon a coupe months back at raftingtigger’s suggestion for my v1 — using the stand on the gravel tent pads at Zion ended up shredding one of the feet.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by sloanie View Post
    Awesome— I’ve been wanting to get the new ridgeline for the v1.

What’s the difference between the feet? (#1 and #4)? I bought a bag of 1” feet on Amazon a coupe months back at raftingtigger’s suggestion for my v1 — using the stand on the gravel tent pads at Zion ended up shredding one of the feet.
    #1 foot is only for the Tensa Solo configuration: fits the fattest tubing segment.

Re ridgeline, there was no change between v1 and 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    This was just posted on my YT video.
    Is there an answer to the query?

Shug, I'm in need of a self supporting stand because I sometimes (kayaking) end up on a beach without trees. I used to have a handy stand - that one from U.K. with all the cords and anchors - but it depended too much on very secure anchors in the ground - difficult to do on crushed shell beaches or with the lava rock under the soil where I live. I understand the Tensa4 stand only uses anchors to secure the "tilt". So I could possible anchor the foot end on something heavy (bow of my kayak) rather than an anchor screwed in the ground. Soooo - do you have a scale you could attach between the orange anchor and the line and see how much pull is applied to that line in normal conditions. In other words, if I know the stand was putting 35 pounds of pull on that orange stake, I'd know about how heavy a weight (beach rocks/logs) I'd need to put on the end of the line without having to screw something in the ground
    Raftingtigger measured 40lbs at one point, but we heard quick about cases where that’s inadequate. Amount of tilt and user weight has everything to do with it. At the taco point, of course, the pull is zero.

In really loose stuff, filling the carry bag with that stuff, tying around its middle, and burying perpendicular to the line for a “dead man’s anchor” works.

I also own a Handy Hammock/DD stand. Super light struts, but wasn’t happy with the reliability of the anchors in common ground conditions.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    This was just posted on my YT video.
    Is there an answer to the query?

Shug, I'm in need of a self supporting stand because I sometimes (kayaking) end up on a beach without trees. I used to have a handy stand - that one from U.K. with all the cords and anchors - but it depended too much on very secure anchors in the ground - difficult to do on crushed shell beaches or with the lava rock under the soil where I live. I understand the Tensa4 stand only uses anchors to secure the "tilt". So I could possible anchor the foot end on something heavy (bow of my kayak) rather than an anchor screwed in the ground. Soooo - do you have a scale you could attach between the orange anchor and the line and see how much pull is applied to that line in normal conditions. In other words, if I know the stand was putting 35 pounds of pull on that orange stake, I'd know about how heavy a weight (beach rocks/logs) I'd need to put on the end of the line without having to screw something in the ground,

Thank you for showing how the Tensa4 works and "taking one for the team" to drive home the lesson of getting out on the right side of the line (sounds like the start of a country western song; "... because your mine, I get out on the right side of the line ..."
    Before I got my Tensa 4 I used a Handy Hammock stand, without the stakes being held in the ground well enough they would definitely pull out of the ground when you put your weight in the hammock. The Tensa 4 is 100x as likely to work OK on soft sand. I would think that something heavy enough to not move or a buried sand anchor would do the job. We need someone with one of those scales that shows the maximum force exerted, I'm just not sure how much force there would be on the tether.

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    #1 foot is only for the Tensa Solo configuration: fits the fattest tubing segment.

Re ridgeline, there was no change between v1 and 2.

The toggle is definitely different than what came with my early v1 and I could use an extra UCR to practice with. Still not quite second nature to me to adjust these.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    Just be careful of ceiling fans when setting it up! I can only imagine THAT disaster!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I actually shortened the poles as I flipped them up to avoid hitting the fan and ceiling. After the stand was extended I clicked them back to full length.

Of course, rain is predicted all day today, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start tweaking the stand.

I made a couple of continuous loops to attach the hammocks to the stand yesterday. These seem like they would be needed to get a slightly obtuse angle on the legs with an 11 foot hammock. Shug's video showed these being used with his Chameleon which is what I used. I wonder if Tensa would recommend these and maybe offer them as an option on the web site.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'

We can’t help with lawnmowers directly. We hope a forthcoming change to pole connection style might make it a little harder to do the wrong thing, or at least most obvious to do the safest thing. Happy in both cases to have repaired all damage from our loose parts service: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/product/parts-a-la-carte/
    What's the change? Is it something you would recommend I do to this stand?

"God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    I actually shortened the poles as I flipped them up to avoid hitting the fan and ceiling. After the stand was extended I clicked them back to full length.

Of course, rain is predicted all day today, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start tweaking the stand.

I made a couple of continuous loops to attach the hammocks to the stand yesterday. These seem like they would be needed to get a slightly obtuse angle on the legs with an 11 foot hammock. Shug's video showed these being used with his Chameleon which is what I used. I wonder if Tensa would recommend these and maybe offer them as an option on the web site.

I may swap out our built in whoopie slings for CL's and make new whoopies for our blackbirds and my XLC. Just to make things easier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post

I made a couple of continuous loops to attach the hammocks to the stand yesterday. ... I wonder if Tensa would recommend these and maybe offer them as an option on the web site.

Recommend them, yes. Offer them... give us a chance to handle what is on our plates first. We do have plans to expand our offerings, but right now that isn't the highest priority.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Recommend them, yes. Offer them... give us a chance to handle what is on our plates first. We do have plans to expand our offerings, but right now that isn't the highest priority.
    They took about five minutes to make and CLs are available from any number of sources. You're doing the right thing by focusing on the core product. As the company expands, which I bet it will faster than you may think, you can have the luxury of taking on all the peripheral options. Thanks for a great product. I'm eager to start tuning it and then paddling off to a treeless island and sleeping in comfort.

Now I'm thinking of using some of my frequent flyer points to go to HangCon in January. Hmmm....

• + New Posts
  • Page 69 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast