Page 169 of 182 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1817
    Does anyone have a photo a tarp attached to the trekking tree?

Instead of tying it around the tree, I would ty it to the tarp extension instead?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies

https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/product...hammock-stand/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks!

So, I've read this entire thread and I have one question; what's the status on the big tarp on which you guys at Tensa were working? I have big tarps and I have smaller, lighter tarps but it seems to me that what would work best with the stand is the one you have (had?) in-process.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyelam View Post
    So, I've read this entire thread and I have one question; what's the status on the big tarp on which you guys at Tensa were working? I have big tarps and I have smaller, lighter tarps but it seems to me that what would work best with the stand is the one you have (had?) in-process.
    We are no longer working on that. Too many other good tarps out there, too many variations we would have to carry. Too many more important projects to spend our energy on.

Cheryl
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveMD View Post
    Does anyone have a photo a tarp attached to the trekking tree?

Instead of tying it around the tree, I would ty it to the tarp extension instead?
    Note that you can pull the body of the tarp over the rubber cap on the trekking foot (which is installed up top in hammock mode as the tarp extension) before guying out to ground. The tarp extensions are not meant to be rigid enough to tension the tarp without guying to ground.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    We are no longer working on that. Too many other good tarps out there...

Cheryl
    Thanks for the update. I kinda figured that was the answer given how long it's been since it was mentioned but I was also kinda hoping to have an excuse to throw more money your way too...

Hammock
    BBXLC / sparrow
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    wooki/burrow/
    Suspension
    straps
    hey, so.

some years ago i made a DIY tensa4 using the instructions on your website. what that taught me is that i needed to buy yours.

so, here's my update:

i love my tensa
    4 and am planning to buy a couple solo converters because weirdly, my friends keep needing gear to accompany me on trips. they end up buying thier own, but you know how it is. people don't know what they need until they know.

i got tired of breaking down my actual tensa4 coming in and out from trips, so now i sleep at home in the DIY one and keep the "real" one packed to go.

i have worn through two sets of feet, one on each stand.

i love them so much.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Aside from motorcycles and cougarmeat after Thanksgiving Dinner, the usual supplied anchors for the Tensa4 and the Solo setup are the orange plastic screws, or the boomstakes in 30 or 40 cm (40 cm is about 4 inches longer than 30 cm). How have these choices worked out of you? Around here, unless it’s trucked in, we have sandy soil on top of lava rock. There is grass in parks, but that is seldom where I hang. I spend a lot of time kayak camping and that provides and sandy beach but usually I can find some interior ground. I’m trying to decide on anchors and I’m not opposed to getting two different sets. But it seems to me, the orange screw required the most accommodating soil. Will the 30 cm broomstick will work any where the screw will work and also with more hardback soil, right? So it seems the boomstick, around here, is the best choice. But is that extra 4 inches with the 40cm rods a game saver? Have you been in places where the 30 cm would not work but the 40 cm did work?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Aside from motorcycles and cougarmeat after Thanksgiving Dinner, the usual supplied anchors for the Tensa4 and the Solo setup are the orange plastic screws, or the boomstakes in 30 or 40 cm (40 cm is about 4 inches longer than 30 cm). How have these choices worked out of you? Around here, unless it’s trucked in, we have sandy soil on top of lava rock. There is grass in parks, but that is seldom where I hang. I spend a lot of time kayak camping and that provides and sandy beach but usually I can find some interior ground. I’m trying to decide on anchors and I’m not opposed to getting two different sets. But it seems to me, the orange screw required the most accommodating soil. Will the 30 cm broomstick will work any where the screw will work and also with more hardback soil, right? So it seems the boomstick, around here, is the best choice. But is that extra 4 inches with the 40cm rods a game saver? Have you been in places where the 30 cm would not work but the 40 cm did work?
    Soil conditions are just about infinitely variable, sometimes in the same day if it’s raining, so it’s hard to generalize. We will soon remove the “Orange Screws only” option (along with Amsteel
    lines, which will remain available separately) for Tensa4. Having one anchor that works for the foot side is critical, so having one of each kind will be the default. If soil doesn’t let you use a head anchor, you can use a counterweight on head apex to similar effect.

We include a 30cm with Tensa4 (when in stock anyway). If that pulls out, probably Orange Screw is better. 40cm BS holds about as well as OS in all but the softest ground where OS tends to be better. BS can be hammered into softer rock, while OS can’t be driven into some firm clay soils.

Clear as mud right? Mud is tricky.

90% of the time I tie off to something on site like a shrub or table or motorbike, using ground anchors only when they are truly essential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Latherdome; 11-16-2021 at 20:36.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 169 of 182 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast