banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by rodentface View Post
    Hey BillyBob58 - if you like headroom like me I strongly encourage the tarp extenders.

(I actually made my own for fun. I think it cost darn me darn near the same. The commercial product is far more elegant and a steak at the price.)

I often take just one - I keep one end of my trap high enough to walk under and out just slopes down to the other apex of the Tensa4.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Raftingtigger re-assembled her set to have 3 segments on the low side, 1 on the high, to make it easier to pitch the tarp level.

BillyBob58, with an 11’ tarp the extensions give a lot more headroom, since they point almost straight up. With a 13’ tarp nearly all the extension is used sideways to tension the tarp without adding much headroom at all. A 12’ is somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Raftingtigger re-assembled her set to have 3 segments on the low side, 1 on the high, to make it easier to pitch the tarp level.

BillyBob58, with an 11’ tarp the extensions give a lot more headroom, since they point almost straight up. With a 13’ tarp nearly all the extension is used sideways to tension the tarp without adding much headroom at all. A 12’ is somewhere in the middle.

Thanks, LD!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    For what it's worth, I think a 12ft tarp is the sweet spot for the tarp extenders.

Hammock
    DW/Haven Safari
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    For what it's worth, I think a 12ft tarp is the sweet spot for the tarp extenders.
    I agree… 12’ tarp is the Goldie Locks of sizes for that setup.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

Images
    OK, the Tensa4 stand from Tensaoutdoors shipped super fast even though I changed the order details, set it up fairly quick and easy in my garage, anchored to my truck's trailer hitch. WORKED GREAT! Threw my 10 ft Claytor No Net on there, lots of room, and just as comfy as normal. Which is to say: very comfy indeed! Nice!

But it is a hot sauna out there today. Time to move indoors. What are some of your fav anchor spots? I have it set up in my office, and the only possible anchor is the closet door. I read about the shoe at the door hinge anchor. Does that mean you wrap/tie around the shoe and close the door with the shoe right nex/(as close as possible to the hinge? Seems like the door might be tight enough to wear on the strap? Right now I just have a 2x4( a brace running across the entire door at flor level, contacting left and right door frame), strap running up just under the hinge. I'm wondering id running the strap under the door would be as secure? How are folks doing that? I'd hate to pull the door off. (I'm, 200 lbs)

Also, there is a 3 segment pole and a 4 segment pole on each side, both (all 4) with rubber feet. Does it matter which segment is in contact with the ground? Right now I have the thicker(?), 4 segment(with the Tensa logo) pole as the one contacting the ground.

I have read about placing the stand on top of a bed and anchoring to the bed frame. Hard to imagine that, seems like the feet would puncture the mattress, but apparently not? I can see my wife having a fit if I try that! LOL!

I'm looking forward to some indoor, air conditioned hanging/sleeping until fall gets here!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    .................................................. ..........................................
    For indoors, I try to find a hard high anchor point such as the pin of an upper door hinge, so the line is close to horizontal. This also has the benefit of the guyline being above head height, presenting no trip or entanglement hazard.
    .................................................. .......
    Is this still what you do? I am anchored near the floor hinge, but maybe I should move it up for less force?

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    OK, the Tensa4 stand from Tensaoutdoors shipped super fast even though I changed the order details, set it up fairly quick and easy in my garage, anchored to my truck's trailer hitch. WORKED GREAT! Threw my 10 ft Claytor No Net on there, lots of room, and just as comfy as normal. Which is to say: very comfy indeed! Nice!
    Thank you for the kind words.

Also, there is a 3 segment pole and a 4 segment pole on each side, both (all 4) with rubber feet. Does it matter which segment is in contact with the ground? Right now I have the thicker(?), 4 segment(with the Tensa logo) pole as the one contacting the ground.
    It makes no difference. You can even change which side the largest tube (we call it #1) nests with. The parts are identical.

I have read about placing the stand on top of a bed and anchoring to the bed frame. Hard to imagine that, seems like the feet would puncture the mattress, but apparently not? I can see my wife having a fit if I try that! LOL!
    Todd does that. I haven't had the guts to try (yes I'm a (not Todd's) wife).

Yes, tie to the top hinge pin. I have even used the handle on a 2 drawer file cabinet. Doors that open away from you are very strong. If they open toward you, then only as strong as the doorknob.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Thank you for the kind words.

It makes no difference. You can even change which side the largest tube (we call it #1) nests with. The parts are identical.

Todd does that. I haven't had the guts to try (yes I'm a (not Todd's) wife).

Yes, tie to the top hinge pin. I have even used the handle on a 2 drawer file cabinet.
    WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Doors that open away from you are very strong. If they open toward you, then only as strong as the doorknob.
    OK, Thanks, Raftingtigger! It seemed to be holding fine,but I think I will move it up to the top hinge for hopefully more srength.

Getting everything dialed in for our 12 day camping trip in a little over a week. My son is hanging in his new Ridgerunner for the first time and we’re expecting a few afternoon thunderstorms on a couple of days.

These stands are amazing, wish I could get a little bit bigger version for my 12’ hammock, but I make it work.

Images
    You can always do a mod similiar to this, to extend your Tensa for your 12 foot hammock.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Big-Guy-Bridge
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

• + New Posts
  • Page 167 of 182 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast