Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Space blanket
    Suspension
    Constrictors
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    We're still touching up some loose ends in the documentation and photos department, but you heard it here first:

Tensa Solo is now shipping. Along with conversion kits for Tensa4, so you can have the best of both worlds: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/shop/

As explained on site, Tensa Solo is a much lighter, more compact, and economical hanging solution than Tensa4. The downside is that you must be able to anchor firmly to ground, as the guylines come under much higher tension than in Tensa4. Tensa Solo uses the same keyed tubing as Tensa4 for the lower, largest 4 segments, with a new smaller 5th size used as a tarp extension.

If you travel with Tensa4 and Solo conversion kit(s), you can decide last minute based on distance to camp and ground conditions whether to set up Tensa4 or Solo, Solo being easily backpackable. If you expect to find only 1 good tree or rock feature, or maybe a stout woody shrub upslope, you can carry only one Solo with anchors and lines, under 3lbs.

We hope that between these 2 products, you can forget all about a redundant terrestrial sleeping system just in case The Man tries to ground you, or perhaps you're west of the Mississippi, where trees just aren't the sure thing they are east, as anybody can see from space. That's our mission: thwart The Man, solve problems visible from space.
    Yes! I want that Tensa4 to Tensa Solo Conversion kit!

Do you have any pictures/videos on the Tensa Solo hang?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by rasidi View Post
    Yes! I want that Tensa4 to Tensa Solo Conversion kit!

Do you have any pictures/videos on the Tensa Solo hang?
    No good photos of current setup beyond what’s on site. We can ship functional product today but enough details are changing for production efficiency reasons that we’re a little hesitant to document ephemeral details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Re touching up the holes, a twist with a screwdriver suffices to remove/smooth out any micron-level tightness. File/drill overkill. Next production we've enlarged the holes a hair. Downside is this will create a tiny bit more jiggle, but should eliminate more problems.

Not using the head tether?!?! You daredevil! Watch out or you're likely to be catapulted into the next county, right as you're nodding off.

Re no UCR for head tether: we wanted to use lighter line than Amsteel to convey that the head tether is not meant to be a heavy load-bearing line, instead only a light taco insurance policy. That lighter line is harder to splice either into a UCR or even fixed loop, and since it is not meant to be tightened up anyway, leaving it loose lets the user tie any old loose knot, leaving the tether a bit slack.

If this all seems a bit too much social engineering, we agree. We plan a transition to a different line/connector scheme. What's shipping now is frankly a bottleneck in our production process, and UCRs are an ultralight solution in a non-ultralight product that, while elegant, is not familiar enough to civilians to be the best default. Can't say more now: still being worked out.

Re buzz: it's been amazing. This and the main Tensahedron Stand thread seem to have racked up a higher view count and posting rate than most anything comparable over the last year.
    Looking forward to seeing this new solutions. I agree that UCRs can befuddle the uninitiated.
    Got mine set up now in the back 40 with the Dynafly......sassy!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

Another great night sleep using the tensa outdoors stand. I was north of Decatur tx

It was pouring rain when I left the house at 2pm, continued to rain till about 6pm. I sat camp up in the rain. Tarp first, then my Tensa stand. Stayed dry once my tarp was set up.

Here is how I carry the stand in my panniers (Givi trekker 37litre)

Along with my solo stove

Here is my favorite camp activity while reclining in my hammock. Btw, I never use my camp chair anymore

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    See head tether at 4:00 in on this video.
    I just tied a couple slippery half-hitches as it does not get a lot of pull.
    Shug

My yellow line loop is not big enough to go around the pole like yours? But I am glad to hear others having this problem as well I thought it was just me. I must have stood there for 5 minutes looking at it with a stupid look on my face. Still haven't found a great solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Larkshead it!

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangdang View Post
    My yellow line loop is not big enough to go around the pole like yours? But I am glad to hear others having this problem as well I thought it was just me. I must have stood there for 5 minutes looking at it with a stupid look on my face. Still haven't found a great solution.
    You can lark's-head that loop over a pole if the loop is too small to pass over foot (sorry!). OR you can hang the loop right on the little toggle that's part of the ridgeline. There's gonna be some tweakin!
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterk View Post
    Another great night sleep using the tensa outdoors stand. I was north of Decatur tx

It was pouring rain when I left the house at 2pm, continued to rain till about 6pm. I sat camp up in the rain. Tarp first, then my Tensa stand. Stayed dry once my tarp was set up.

Here is how I carry the stand in my panniers (Givi trekker 37litre)

Along with my solo stove

Here is my favorite camp activity while reclining in my hammock. Btw, I never use my camp chair anymore

Real real nice.

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Those photos are making me not only want to buy a Tensa4, but also a motorcycle.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    You can lark's-head that loop over a pole if the loop is too small to pass over foot (sorry!). OR you can hang the loop right on the little toggle that's part of the ridgeline. There's gonna be some tweakin!
    Not a big deal at all, just part of hammocking...thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 62 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast