Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    SnugPak Modded
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thumbs up Continuous Loop Only Tensa4 Suspension Lengths for a 12' Hammock with a 119.5" Ridgeline?

Great information with great detail! Thanks rodentface!

Quote Originally Posted by rodentface View Post
    Before I settled on a permanent suspension for my Tensa4 I used short poly straps attached to my hammock continuous loops via Becket hitch to experiment with a variety of foot and head end lengths and combinations.
    I have plenty of webbing, so I can fiddle around with it a bit and see what I come up with before I make my purchase.

Thanks again!

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    E. E.
    Here are some more pictures from recent trip
    0071.jpg. 0072.jpg. 0073.jpg

Images
    I saw a brand new set up video from TensaOutdoors, now I can't find it. Anyone have a link?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I saw a brand new set up video from TensaOutdoors, now I can't find it. Anyone have a link?
    News to us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    News to us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WOW! Did I hallucinate it? He started with the poles propped up against a tree( or something). Maybe I dreamed it? Because I can't find it, and you don't know about it. Which greatly lessens the odds that you made it.

Images
    I think I watched the 2 year old video, and somehow hallucinated the idea that it was a brand new video.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I think I watched the 2 year old video, and somehow hallucinated the idea that it was a brand new video.
    That's the sign of a classic: every time, feels like the very first time! Anyway, yes, that's an old video and we keep making small changes (ongoing!) that will obsolete any new videos we could make, at least in detail. Meanwhile our video production skills and/or charisma aren't real sparkly.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    That's the sign of a classic: every time, feels like the very first time! Anyway, yes, that's an old video and we keep making small changes (ongoing!) that will obsolete any new videos we could make, at least in detail. Meanwhile our video production skills and/or charisma aren't real sparkly.
    Yep, a classic, feels like the first time! And still gets the job done. I have played around with my DIY scrap metal one for a while, finally decided to go with(just ordered) the pro 12 lb model, which I will take on a plane with me(Lord willing) for a trip to the Adirondacks in about a month. Also decided I didn't even want to bother with trying to find out if that camp ground allows hammocks from trees, much less if the camp site my buds have reserved has adequate trees or not. So, I look forward to playing around with it in a few days or so.

Now I have to decide whether or not to spring for the tarp extenders. My old JRB is an 11 footer, but mighty beat up and patched up, so I'm thinking about a new tarp, maybe even a 12 or 13 footer. In which case I will need them. But, I'm thinking they might be nice even for an 11 footer? More head room?

Hey BillyBob58 - if you like headroom like me I strongly encourage the tarp extenders.

(I actually made my own for fun. I think it cost darn me darn near the same. The commercial product is far more elegant and a steak at the price.)

I often take just one - I keep one end of my trap high enough to walk under and out just slopes down to the other apex of the Tensa4.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodentface View Post
    Hey BillyBob58 - if you like headroom like me I strongly encourage the tarp extenders.

(I actually made my own for fun. I think it cost darn me darn near the same. The commercial product is far more elegant and a steak at the price.)

I often take just one - I keep one end of my trap high enough to walk under and out just slopes down to the other apex of the Tensa4.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tips, RF!

• + New Posts
  • Page 166 of 182 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast