WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Re tautness of head tether/guyline: our concerns about tightening it are a mix of theoretical and practical. Benefits of leaving a little play in the head guyline are:

- Adjustments are easier. You can lessen the tilt, reposition the feet, tighten suspension or ridgeline, or narrow the baseline to raise the seat height without interference.
    - No pre-load on the poles. If you tension both foot and head guylines, that load on the poles subtracts from their useful capacity. If the head end is being pried open to decrease the hang angle, raising the hammock, the load can go up quite a lot, making a safe weight rating hard to state. If you then get in the hammock and the poles bow a little more (as they will), possibly relieving the head guyline tension, are you going to have a buddy tighten it up further because you don't like slack?
    - Resilience. Suppose somebody or some animal runs into your stand. Damage is less likely if the stand can move a bit, distribute the force, not be locked down to take it all at the point of impact. Suppose you have a big tarp and a strong gust of wind puts a big load on. Do your stakes pull out, or does the tarp instead deflect a bit as the head end rises an inch or two, then back down? Willow versus oak, dynamic vs static etc.

The fact that the stand CAN work with only a foot anchor, the position of the head apex self-adjusting, is part of what makes the stand such a conversation piece, for better or worse. It's also a practical benefit when you need the smallest footprint, no opportunity for a head guy. Normalizing an immobile, locked-down setup would obscure these positives. But guying it all snug does appeal to potential users who are afraid of tacoing, where any movement feels alarming. So many people exclaim, once they try it, that it FEELS more stable than it looks. So, whatever makes you feel comfortable...
    Oh, it totally feels way more stable than it looks!!!! The second night I used mine I forgot to attach the head end tether and never thought about it. It's way harder to step over the base line than you would think. You naturally get out on the correct side of it. I am so pleased with these stands it's silly!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    I setup my stand at a group hang awhile back and we let everyone try it without the head teacher
    We then would.kick their shoes over the center line, as they were laying in it
    They became very aware of the taco, but none actually did
    It is.much harder then it looks
    This stand really supposed me
    It's so awesome

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

Quote Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
    I setup my stand at a group hang awhile back and we let everyone try it without the head teacher
    We then would.kick their shoes over the center line, as they were laying in it
    They became very aware of the taco, but none actually did
    At HangCon, where people were free to walk up and try it out without any coaching, I quickly learned to set it up with enough slack so that if they laid the wrong way, the stand would tip just the right amount to make wherever their head was the lower end, and stable. See-saw/teeter-totter. I don’t think a majority of even hang attendees are familiar with the practice of hanging the head end lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    Thank you.

Yeah my new one came with worm, that's what I thought was strange....I was just wondering.

Is there a back order for the new extentions? I ordered a set on 3/19 and haven't received a shipping notice yet. No rush, it's just the stand I ordered was shipped the next day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangdang View Post
    Thank you.

Yeah my new one came with worm, that's what I thought was strange....I was just wondering.

Is there a back order for the new extentions? I ordered a set on 3/19 and haven't received a shipping notice yet. No rush, it's just the stand I ordered was shipped the next day.

Yep, first time since September we’re backed up more than 1 day.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Yep, first time since September we’re backed up more than 1 day.

I'm not suprised!
    Take your time, no hurry.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    As of today (3/22/19) all current orders have shipped. We will keep trying to stun everyone with fast shipping, but no promises.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    As of today (3/22/19) all current orders have shipped. We will keep trying to stun everyone with fast shipping, but no promises.
    That's some quite impressive commitment to customer service. Before this stand was available I wished there was a better stand, now there is and more people are starting to realise that there is a great option available.

At the Burt Munro Motorcycle Rally in Invercargill (SI, NZ) this year I had a few people taking an interest in my Tensa 4 stand - it probably helped that I set my tarp up in porch mode. I had a nice talk to a lovely young lady from France about the stand. The more stands out there, the more likely others are to come across one and ask the owner about it. There aren't a lot of options for hammock stands for car camping, way less options for motorcycle camping. Of all the stands I'm aware of, this one is the best by far. I'm happy to talk about my stand and recommend it to anyone that does motorcycle camping and wants to find a way of sleeping in a hammock wherever they find themselves spending the night.

Keep up the good work, you deserve all the success that you will definitely get with this stand!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    Just thought I’d drop a pic of my stand set up to watch a full moon tonight then mountain bike racing tomorrow.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post

Keep up the good work, you deserve all the success that you will definitely get with this stand!
    X2!

• + New Posts
  • Page 105 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast