Page 147 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1817
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwands View Post
    I dont think that i have read all these posts (thanks to all) and I have a question. I hang in a hennessy exp asym and have grown accustomed to a kind of tight lay and wonder if I will be disappointed with the loose lay the tensa4 results in. Any input?
    thhanks

jm
    I have a tensa4. Just tighten your hennesey how you like, no drama. AFAIK, there is no limit placed on that by the tensa.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG45 View Post
    I have a tensa4. Just tighten your hennesey how you like, no drama. AFAIK, there is no limit placed on that by the tensa.
    JMwands, if your Hennessy's ridgeline is slack/loose, it tells you you need to let out the suspension further, or increase the tilt of the stand. Hammocks shorter than 12' will always need some suspension with Tensa4 to get the right lay.

Tensa4 ridgeline tension adjustments are the opposite of tree suspension, which confuses many. To get a tighter ridgeline, you lengthen the suspension, and vice versa.

Please do NOT tighten the head end guyline to pry open the stand. This loads the poles more, and raises the hammock such that you'll need to let the baseline out further to lower, which compounds the extra pole loading. The result is that the poles could fail at below the weight rating.

Here's a link to a DRAFT of a troubleshooting section for a documentation revision in progress: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/wp-cont...bleshoot-1.pdf . Comments welcome!

It hasn't come up yet as an issue with customers, but Tensa4 is NOT ideally compatible with the mummy/banana approach to hanging, in which one strings a hammock without ridgeline as tight as possible, in attempt to make it flat along the centerline.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Tensa4 documentation is coming in-house, in color, and I've got a ROUGH DRAFT I want to post here before further editing and printing. If you own a Tensa4 or are Tensa4 curious, any feedback on this is welcome: https://wp.me/a9C3sF-5Fn
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Tensa4 documentation is coming in-house, in color, and I've got a ROUGH DRAFT I want to post here before further editing and printing. If you own a Tensa4 or are Tensa4 curious, any feedback on this is welcome: https://wp.me/a9C3sF-5Fn
    I like it. The font page photo is cool (very important!). Section 10 explaining the amount of suspension to use is a little bit confusing, although I really don't know how else you could explain it. As a whole I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    I like it. The font page photo is cool (very important!). Section 10 explaining the amount of suspension to use is a little bit confusing, although I really don't know how else you could explain it. As a whole I like it.
    I agree.

My tensa4 worked well for the few nights I tried it in my house, but it is bigger than I prefer for in the house use, so it was taken down. Just spent the last two nights in it, in a hotel room, and will be there using it for the next 2 weeks. It is a lifesaver for hotel use, though it isn't always easy to find a decent foot anchor in a modern hotel room. Still learning how best to adjust it, but setup was much faster and easier than the first time. Might be tough to pull off if I was sharing my room, as it really takes up the space, but for just me, it is great to not sleep in a bed, especially during covid.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    WB Buckles
    I printed this in color to assist with my first set up this afternoon. Other than a couple of minor confusing points it was an excellent resource! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    I printed this in color to assist with my first set up this afternoon. Other than a couple of minor confusing points it was an excellent resource! Thanks!!

You have a color printer?! So jealous. Getting there. Great to hear you found it helpful, especially as a new user. Would love to hear what points were confusing.

--

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    The numbers get a little dense. Many times i was more terse because I’m working within 5.5x8.5” pages and keeping the breaks natural is hard.

Since we don’t expect users to need to measure things (or even know how long their hammocks are), would it be adequate just to say that hammocks shorter than 12’ will need some suspension on both sides, and to start with a forearm’s length?

We have recently switched webbing style to have daisy loops on the tops of the guylines, so you can use the tails of same as suspension, no need for separate.

--

The numbers get a little dense. Many times i was more terse because I’m working within 5.5x8.5” pages and keeping the breaks natural is hard.

Since we don’t expect users to need to measure things (or even know how long their hammocks are), would it be adequate just to say that hammocks shorter than 12’ will need some suspension on both sides, and to start with a forearm’s length?

We have recently switched webbing style to have daisy loops on the tops of the guylines, so you can use the tails of same as suspension, no need for separate.

I'm trying to picture using the tails as suspension. Would you just pull it up and use a Beckett hitch on your CL? My webbing seems very thick for that, but I have not tried. Unless you changed webbing in the last few weeks?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG45 View Post
    I'm trying to picture using the tails as suspension. Would you just pull it up and use a Beckett hitch on your CL? My webbing seems very thick for that, but I have not tried. Unless you changed webbing in the last few weeks?
    Now we’re busted. We did!

--

• + New Posts
  • Page 147 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast