banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by donig View Post
    I looked at the new instructions, and noticed that the ball loops are longer now compared to what I purchased a while back. What size loop is it now? I've lots of Amsteel and may just redo my old ones.
    Start with a 19" long piece and tie stopper knots. The longer loops are Raftingtigger's idea, sort of a "why didn't we think of this before!?!" obvious improvement. In addition to obviating need for any carabiner or other pieces to close, they let any wear spots on the line "float" off the hole edges to extend service life.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    They shouldn't be hard to open or close. The internal scoring shown in your photo suggests sand has fouled, but you say also that the first time was a struggle. This shouldn't be. It is unlikely that this would have gotten through our quality control, but we have caught a few irregular segments, so I can't rule out the possibility that one slipped through. If it really was sticky from the get-go, it's a defect we'd replace under warranty.

Possibly there is a slight bend in the tube, that might not be sticky with some of the smaller series, but is with one. You can try moving it to other sections to see if results are the same. If it's sticky with all, place on a known flat hard surface and roll, checking for uniform contact all along the segment. Anything more than about half a millimeter off straight counts as bent.

Sometimes you can bend bent tubes successfully back straight. I've been able to salvage tubes deliberately bent in destructive testing (for personal use). You don't have anything to lose if the only alternative is replacement. The key is *gentle* persuasion to avoid any kink or deformation out of round. I would suggest assembling the pole complete, marking the high side, and pressing the pole across a large gap like a doorway, bathub, or counters to bend back straight. Multiple progressively firmer attempts with checks in between, pressing the high spot, are safer than anything resembling a blow which risks damaging more than just the original bent segment.
    Yeah, they were tight to open. One didn’t want to open at all. When I was finally able to get it open the outside of the inner tube was all scratched up. This photo was taken the day I opened them. Home from work at 5. Open the box, open the poles, a little trouble. Then I cooked dinner then went to hang, then put it away and took the photo at about 8:30pm the same day.

This was on my living room floor. So not real sandy in the carpet.

I’ll double check the roundness when I have some time.

Thanks for the help. Currently I have been storing them apart. They go together enough to use, but not all the way stowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Rob R, please email [email protected] for warranty service.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just got back from spending a week in Idaho at a SAR k9 training seminar. The tensa stand worked perfectly with my cave creek pet palace. Slept like a baby every night and was sooo thankful to have the stand as there was not a tree in sight to safely hang from. My dog and I stayed safe and dry even in the rain. The tarp extensions also worked well. Thanks Tensa crew! I can’t wait for my next adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Each of us has an Up North. It's a time and a place far from the here and now. It's a map on the wall, a dream in the making, a tugging at one's soul. For those who feel the tug, who make the dream happen, who put the map in the packsack and go, the world is never quite the same." Sam Cook, Up North 1986

Hey guys

I'm having trouble hanging a 12' tarp on the stand using the extension poles and I feel like I'm missing something here.

Even with the extender poles it looks like there's several feet missing to fully hang the tarp.

Is it maybe something with the Ridgeline length? I've extended it to the point where the head end is only a few feet from the ground.

Or is there maybe a special way to hang the tarp on the stand?

Other than my troubles with tarps. I've enjoyed this stand a lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveMD View Post
    I think that their should be a guy line from the end of that tarp down to whatever stake you have attached the top of the stand to. This would pull the end of the tarp out which would help.

I have a 13" ridgeline on my tarp and my hammock has the suspension as short as it will go, this allows my Winter tarp to fully enclose my entire stand - everything but the ends of the tarp extensions being under cover.

Hammock
    WBBB / Chameleon
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    SLD TW / CRO UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    From what I can see, the extender in photo #2 isn't hooked up quite right.
    In photo #3, it looks like it's ok, and you still have some room to tighten up the two black lines at the bottom of the extender. That should give you some extra length. I just checked the spread of my extenders and it comes in at 12 ft, with room to adjust for a little more.
    The extender uses the stand's apex point for a pivot, with the black lines giving force against the pull of the tarp, and the orange adjusting the height. As you tighten the black line cord locks, the tip of the extender will move outwards. Use the top buttons on the frame to hold your black cords lower and in place.
    Keep tweeking, and it'll fall into place. Have fun with it!

@KiwiMark - Ah shoot, I think you might be right. Can I assume that you're using the extenders to do this? How high do you generally have the black poles extend past the top of the stand?

@villagelock- Apologies, but when you say the "spread of the extenders", are you measuring it tip to tip when the poles are attached to the stand? Thanks for the encouragement, the setup of the stand gets faster and faster every time I bring it to the park. I'm hoping the tarp setup will someday be as easy as the stand setup.

Hammock
    WBBB / Chameleon
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    SLD TW / CRO UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    Yep, 12 foot from tip to tip, the length of my tarp ridgeline suspension. At the foot end, the tip of the extender is about 6 1/2 foot above the ground. The head end about 6 foot. That's as it's set up right now.

I'm using the orange line to raise and lower the tip, and the black lines for ridgeline length adjustment. When I finally got it where I wanted it, the extender was snugged tight against the "X" of the apex of the frame and tensioned tight by the black cords and the pull of the tarp.
    There was a bit of a fiddle factor, but when it fell into place, it made sense.
    Oh, and at the moment, my tarp is in snakeskins, so the only thing holding the tarp up and taut is the extension poles.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I feel you still need to stake out your tarp from the extenders down to the ground.
    Also, take another look at at the set-up instructions for the extenders.....https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/wp-cont...ension-1.2.pdf
    Carry forth.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 155 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast