Page 137 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1817
    Images
    Yarome, are you using the tarp extensions with the 11' tarp just to get the tarp higher off the ground? The length of the tarp shouldn't require the extensions, but if you're:

a) trying to get the tarp ridgeline higher off the ground to reduce crouching, or

b) using the tarp extensions asymmetrically so that your tarp ridge seam is horizontal while the stand itself is tilted,

those are both valid reasons.

Do you have a stock 11' Superfly with the 35" Warbonnet poles? I'm having a difficult time visualizing why there would be a problem using the external poles with the tarp extensions versus any other method.

I often hang my 11' hammocks on the T4 by connecting each hammock CL to a carabiner and connecting the biner to a very short Amsteel dogbone. This gives me a good sit height with minimal adjustments to the stand baseline and ridgeline. I'll take a photo since I'm set up like that in the garage right now.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 10-24-2019 at 15:36.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    The length of the tarp shouldn't require the extensions, but if you're:

a) trying to get the tarp ridgeline higher off the ground...

b) using the tarp extensions asymmetrically...
    Yes, and Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Do you have a stock 11' Superfly with the 35" Warbonnet poles? I'm having a difficult time visualizing why there would be a problem using the external poles with the tarp extensions versus any other method.

I'll take a photo since I'm set up like that in the garage right now.
    Stock superfly but the panel pull poles are ones I built. A little longer than the WB's but about the same difference. It's just the height making it a bit of a challenge balancing them over the top to the other tie offs. The "loose" side sticks up at an angle so I'm having to try and trap it with fingertips. I could also help that by putting on 2 part longer lines with a prusik to cinch them into position once both sides are attached rather than the shock cord loops I'm currently trying to use. I'm still tinkering and tweaking.

Thanks for the photo. It sounds like option #2 is the direction I need to head. My ends are obviously not spread out enough since, without the tarp ext.'s... the frame is too short to accomodate the full 11' superfly. What I had been going on was a setup vid that was saying with an 11' hammock I should have about a 6"-12" suspension on each side. 10' hammocks... 1' or so. Coulda been old info because that's what I was going for and I have the foot end up a bit over 6 1/2' and the head is right around 5 1/2'... but darn near 2' too short for an 11' stock superfly.

CL extensions on the menu then. How long is your dogbone? I really want to try and avoid straps if at all possible. I know the adjustability factor is there, but I think if I can dial it in with a dogbone or another CL and a biner or shackle it would simplify stand setup since all lines would be "fixed" and give me the exact same hang every single time with almost no "fidget" factor.

Back to the drawing board.

Sure going to be sweet once it's all dialed in, though. Toggles, clip, click, pop... and I'm hung.

Images
    Ok, I see what you mean about the external poles. Yeah that can be a little bit of a dance sometimes. I attach one end of a pole to one of the loops I use to connect the poles to the tarp, and then I try not to let the other end go until I'm on the other side working on attaching that. But I don't have any advice other than keep trying and you'll develop a dance that works for you.

The dogbones I use are about 16" from end to end. I don't recall how long I made the loops or buries, but the buries pretty much meet each other in the middle leaving only about 1/4” of single strand. I don't know what I made them for in the first place, but I use them pretty religiously with the T4 (except with the Ridgerunner).

Based on everything you're saying, I agree it will probably help to add some length to the hammock suspension, then lengthen the stand ridgeline, and then the tarp should fit if you wanted try it without the extensions. If your hammock is still too high, you can fiddle with the baseline, but that might not be be necessary after those other changes. It's fun to play around with!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Tensa4 w/Whoopies
    I have the same issues - 11' gathered end Chameleon, Superfly tarp with poles. However my setup was too low. I put a caribiner on the head end of the hammock with closed loop of 8"on the foot end. The ridgeline of the Chameleon is the factory fixed distance plus two caribiners and one 8" loop - I will set it up and measure it tomorrow if you are interested. I pulled the baseline 6" closer together. Now just about 5.5'. My height is where I want it - my lay is flat.

The Tarp Extensions are set as low as I can and the ends of the tarp is about 6" from the top of the poles so coverage is good. Putting in he tarp pole mods on the tarp is tricky. and it took me a few tries to get a system down. I use the same cord and do the same as cmc4free get one end fastened and the hold the free end with a little pressure to keep things together and walk around the end until I can reach the loop on the other half of the tarp.
    Keep trying and your get the dance.

I would let the base out a little to lower your height, it does not take much to raise or lower a good bit. The 6" I took in gave me almost 8" in sit height. So let it out accordingly to get the lower height you want. Cheryl or Todd will chime in with a maximum but I don't think you will need to go anywhere near that.

Let us know what you find out?

Thanks Roy

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Space blanket
    Suspension
    Constrictors
    Hi Tensa Crew,

How are things with the "lightest stand in the world"?

I hope The Trekking Treez will come with me to Iceland early next year.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On the pedernales River in texas hill country

Hammock
    BBXLC / sparrow
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    wooki/burrow/
    Suspension
    straps
    hey, i remember seeing this info once somewhere before i bought my tensa4, but a half hour of looking hasn't gotten me anywhere and i'm sure someone here knows this info right off the top of their head: if i'm putting my stand indoors (or whatever) how much of a weight do i need to anchor it?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by flask_ehrlenmeyer View Post
    hey, i remember seeing this info once somewhere before i bought my tensa4, but a half hour of looking hasn't gotten me anywhere and i'm sure someone here knows this info right off the top of their head: if i'm putting my stand indoors (or whatever) how much of a weight do i need to anchor it?
    Minimum 1/3 your body weight. Half is better. Minimize stand tilt and anchor head end also if foot anchor weight is minimal. Best to tie off to architectural feature like door hinge pin, handrail etc if available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    BBXLC / sparrow
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    wooki/burrow/
    Suspension
    straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Minimum 1/3 your body weight. Half is better. Minimize stand tilt and anchor head end also if foot anchor weight is minimal. Best to tie off to architectural feature like door hinge pin, handrail etc if available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks!
    imma be all set now!

• + New Posts
  • Page 137 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast