Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I use mine for motorcycle camping also, and use it a lot. I don't use panniers (HD Road King), but have no issues just strapping it to the rack or the passenger seat. The Tensa4 has opened up practically unlimited opportunities for motorcycle camping, and just camping in general. No need to plan and worry about exclusively hammock friendly spots at the end of the day. I can plan for just general camping spots (including KOA), or even just stop wherever I need to and make it work.

If I'm quick about it, it can be a 5-10 minute setup. Probably on the faster side if I really think about it. If I'm lazy, maybe 15-ish minutes.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Sort of random here (not sure where else to put it): we've begun offering to sell Tensa4 (and Solo) with the buyer's choice of either Orange Screws or Tensa Boomstakes. Previously Orange Screws were the only option, and you could supplement with Boomstakes as an add-on. Since then we've seen a spike (har) in Boomstake orders.

What you still can't do (easily on our site, yet) is mix and match anchors for Tensa4. But really, in my opinion, the ideal combination would be one Orange Screw and one 30cm Boomstake. This would let you anchor the critical foot end with Orange Screw for soft-medium soils, and with Boomstake for ground too hard to sink Orange Screw into: maximum deployability with least bulk. Anchoring the head end remains advisable to prevent tipovers, but the stress on that line is so light as to make anchor choice not so critical. You can also counterweight the head end instead of anchoring.

Should we make it happen, this mixed choice? More choices add confusion, of course, and that may outweigh the functional benefit. Next people may ask for only one anchor, or none at all, or the longer Boomstake, and then our menus and inventory control and tech support complexify further....
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Latherdome, granted I am by no means a inventory or marketing expert, but if it were me, I would just make it the either/or choice at initial purchase. Like you say, a person could always purchase one-off parts as a separate add-on.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    You could have two drop-down menus for "Anchor 1 choice" and "Anchor 2 choice." The selections for each would be Orange Screw, Boomstake, or No Anchor. I don't think this would be confusing for anyone, and would allow the most customizable option for folks.

Images
    Maybe just add an option for "no anchors" and let the customers who would want atypical configurations order them a la carte?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    I think you could have drop-down options for "Anchor 1 choice" and "Anchor 2 choice." I don't think this would be confusing for anyone, and would allow the most customizable option for folks.
    That's a pretty good idea, too - at least from a customer experience POV. What that might mean for your web architecture, inventory control, or tech support could be another matter.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRain View Post
    Hi, I'm replying to a comment you made about motorcycle camping using the Tensa hammock stand, and wanted to know if you have actually used it for that. I am considering purchasing one for the same purpose [plus car camping] but I would like an in-the-field review.

I'd appreciate it.

Bob
    I too use the Tensa 4 on my motorcycle. I just strap it to the pillion seat along with my dry bag. I don't stress about finding a perfect spot with trees. I am usually set up faster than my buddies with their small 1 person tents. It also means I can hang in much of the southwest where trees are rare, or in parks where I can't tie anything to trees. I have also anchored the Tensa to my bike, and that works really well.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Options are always good.
    Last edited by jeff-oh; 02-14-2020 at 13:58.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    You could have two drop-down menus for "Anchor 1 choice" and "Anchor 2 choice." The selections for each would be Orange Screw, Boomstake, or No Anchor. I don't think this would be confusing for anyone, and would allow the most customizable option for folks.
    I kind of like that idea.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    This is my bike all loaded up for a 23 day trip:

The Yellow bag on the rear seat contains my Tensa Stand, REI adjustable tarp poles, Helinox Chair, Hammock, Underquilt, Topquilt, UQP, Ground Cloth, Rain Poncho, Tarp & tarp extensions.

• + New Posts
  • Page 140 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast