banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssplash View Post
    For folks that use this indoors. Is it possible to see how you have it rigged? I bought the stand to use in places I normally can't and I end up sleeping in firehalls and other weird places a lot on missions. I was hoping the Tensa could help me still get a solid nights sleep (well as much as you can with ambulance and fire trucks screaming out of the hall at 2 am) I know I was told you could tether to door hinges but trying to get an idea of how to do that. Thank you!

Just one example. The slimmer Amsteel lines are easier to get around small hard attachment points than webbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Draggingcanoe View Post
    Used Boom Stakes with Dog Bones. Necessary if you have straps with your Tensa instead of UCR’s.
    Can you please elaborate on this a little more. I've been using the straps instead of UCRs for the past two years and have not yet felt the need for the dogbones. I am open to something "better". Thanks in advance.

I used my Dreamstation Auto CPAP in the Amok with a 12V socket adapter. It is very light and fit in a port side built in pocket. A Honda (Jackery) 290WH (HLS290) Portable Lithium Power Station powered the CPAP for 4 nights for 7 hours each night hanging from the ridge line (6.6 lbs) with 15% battery life remaining. Motorcyclists- I recharged the Power Station overnight with with an Odyssey PC680 overnight when I got home.
    As a hanger, cpap user and motorcyclist, I thank you for this information. It seems while be only a hanger, only a cpap user or only a motorcyclist, one finds the necessary research never ends. Being all three, even moreso. Thanks again.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
    John Steinbeck

Hammock
    WBXLC, Chameleon, RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, Pole Mod
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, AHE, LLCP
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Images
    Sorry for the confusion. The dog bones loop around the boom stakes (half hitch) to the rod part of the setup then tie to the straps. So you can keep your straps. If not using Boom Stakes you do not need dog bones/UCR. Boomstakes are sold with the Treeking Treez (which uses UCR’s) and are not necessary for the Tensa 4.

Hammock
    DutchWare Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Under & Top
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    @Latherdome, you tether to the top hinge? I've been tethering to the bottom hinge... Is there an advantage to one over the other?

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    i would think the top or middle hinge would have the least chance of pulling out, due to angle of pull

Sorry for the confusion. The dog bones loop around the boom stakes (half hitch) to the rod part of the setup then tie to the straps. So you can keep your straps. If not using Boom Stakes you do not need dog bones/UCR. Boomstakes are sold with the Treeking Treez (which uses UCR’s) and are not necessary for the Tensa 4.
    No problem. Ya, I've been using the boomstakes since they first put them out a few years ago. They've come in real handy for the first Car Camp Pole and also for the Tensa4 solo. I was just confused by your post and appreciate the clarification.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
    John Steinbeck

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by noxlady View Post
    @Latherdome, you tether to the top hinge? I've been tethering to the bottom hinge... Is there an advantage to one over the other?
    Not important. As long as it succeeds in immobilizing foot apex, it’s all good. High lines harder to trip over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware UL Xenon
    Insulation
    Loco Libre UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps
    Hi, I'm replying to a comment you made about motorcycle camping using the Tensa hammock stand, and wanted to know if you have actually used it for that. I am considering purchasing one for the same purpose [plus car camping] but I would like an in-the-field review.

I'd appreciate it.

Bob

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRain View Post
    Hi, I'm replying to a comment you made about motorcycle camping using the Tensa hammock stand, and wanted to know if you have actually used it for that. I am considering purchasing one for the same purpose [plus car camping] but I would like an in-the-field review.
    I personally use it for motorbike camping, as do many of our customers. We specifically designed it to fit within common panniers. You can tie off directly to the bike as anchor even on blacktop. Here's one customer's YouTube demo/review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMa3YrGDwYw ; and another, same guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_atXnwdTY3c . Some details have changed since posted, but 98% same.
    --

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRain View Post

I'd appreciate it.

Bob
    I use mine for bike camping and car camping
    love it
    Stand is amazing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 139 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast