Page 168 of 182 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1817
    Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Wookiedrool— I am curious what a bigger version would do. I sleep in 12’ hammocks and they seem to be basically the perfect length for my tensa such that I do not require the ridge line on the tensa. What’s your experience been?

Quote Originally Posted by sloanie View Post
    Wookiedrool— I am curious what a bigger version would do. I sleep in 12’ hammocks and they seem to be basically the perfect length for my tensa such that I do not require the ridge line on the tensa. What’s your experience been?
    My 12' hammock (72" wide) hangs about 3-4" off the ground and my UQ touches the ground when I'm in it. I don't really hit the poles with my feet when I'm at the right angles, however, I'd think another 6-8" would allow me to hang a bit higher. I imagine with longer poles you'd lose some stability or strength or something...

Okay I have a question for you all. I want to get this Tensa 4 stand when it is available again. I have an 11 foot Raven. Its a gathered end. If I set up the Tensa 4 correctly, is there enough ground clearance that my underquilt and/or underquilts ( if I stack for winter ), wont rub on the ground? I see there is some discussion of this occurring. Is it only related to using the Bridge hammocks?

Thanks for any and all help.

Bob

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

Tensa4 works great with my 11’ GE hammock and any UQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    Okay I have a question for you all. I want to get this Tensa 4 stand when it is available again. I have an 11 foot Raven. Its a gathered end. If I set up the Tensa 4 correctly, is there enough ground clearance that my underquilt and/or underquilts ( if I stack for winter ), wont rub on the ground? I see there is some discussion of this occurring. Is it only related to using the Bridge hammocks?

Thanks for any and all help.

Bob
    Yessir. All my 11’ers work just fine on the Tensa. You just have to mess around with angles and base spacing. Make note Of those measurements once you get it set.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    Okay I have a question for you all. I want to get this Tensa 4 stand when it is available again.
    Sorry for the blip. We never ran out of stock, but our inventory control system thought so. I’ve fixed that now; am still fixing bogus stock-outs for Solo variants.

Software: can’t live with it, can’t without…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Yessir. All my 11’ers work just fine on the Tensa. You just have to mess around with angles and base spacing. Make note Of those measurements once you get it set.
    Shug
    So far, I have only been practicing with my 10 ft long(no RL) Claytor No Net. But the room I am using it in does not allow me to spread the base out as much as I did outside, leading to higher apex. And maybe the stand's ridgeline is a bit shorter( AKA stand apex is higher), again due to lack of room. But, I can tell you that that 10 ft hammock was almost too high. I could have put on 2 or 3 quilts.

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    It’s a versatile stand, I think it could easily work with any sizes hammock. I love it with my 11 footer. You can bring make the ridgeline shorter or bring the sides in closer to make the hammock higher or lower. It’s a lot of fun experimenting in the beginning to figure out how you like it, but then I pretty much have kept the same settings.

In fact, I don’t disconnect the bottom strap at all, just keep it attached with the poles collapsed and put it in the bag. I also just use the ridgeline with hammock, so I only need 2 straps of even cord if I forget them for the ends. It’s got a lot of options to tailor it to how you want to set it up.

It’s not cheap, but considering what you get and how well made and designed it is, I think it’s easily worth the cost. I keep it in my trunk.

Thanks again everyone. I plan on using this for the nearby desert and also on Driftboat float trips, on the Deschutes and John Day Rivers, both of which have limited trees and those trees are mostly Juniper. Juniper here, grows in a tangled mess of nasty sharp, pointy branches. Theres no way you can hang off our Juniper, without lots of pruning, which I feel is not the right thing to do.

Be safe.

Bob

• + New Posts
  • Page 168 of 182 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast