banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    I think better so I was higher sitting in it...
    Yeah you looked a bit low in the first. But do you have head/pole clearance issues with it this way? A foolproof setup flowchart eludes me, but everybody muddles through to a solution in the end.

Love the orange/orange cat/hammock theme.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Yeah you looked a bit low in the first. But do you have head/pole clearance issues with it this way? A foolproof setup flowchart eludes me, but everybody muddles through to a solution in the end.

Love the orange/orange cat/hammock theme.
    Yes, I did notice the pole was right where my head was. I need to get my XLC rigged up in it and also watch some videos. This thing is cool though!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Space blanket
    Suspension
    Constrictors
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    We have some foul weather moving in today so I did a quick hammockless photo session showing a snake-skinned Superfly tarp attached to the Tensa4 with Tato tarp connectors:

Head end view:

Foot end view:

I left the CRL rigging on the Tato tarp connectors for now, but will probably order the connectors separately at some point and keep them in the Tensa4 carry bag.
    Thank you Watertooner for your fine pictures!

Like you, I have a Dutch CRL with Tato Tarp Connectors. And I'm thinking getting them separately too.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    We changed our logo.

The previous version featured, obviously enough, a hammock. It turns out that the hammock was part of a collection of icons released under the Creative Commons license, and thus was free for anybody to use: https://thenounproject.com/term/hammock/791143/. Did you know that HammockForums' icon comes from the same well? https://thenounproject.com/search/?q=hammock&i=343799

While we could lay exclusive claim to the entirety of the logo, we would never be able to protect just the hammock element. Sure enough, another hammock-related enterprise began using "our" icon. Only it wasn't ours, and it won't be that other party's exclusively either. The point of a trademark is, above all, to be distinct. Serves us right for using a cheap online logo design service, where you don't end up owning all of what you pay for!

So, we started over. The new logo features an entirely original icon, more abstract than the former hammock, but also a reference to our flagship stand in its structure. Much better!

I don't know if it's a new server glitch that I can't upload it here. New logo is live on our site.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Delux
    Insulation
    thermarest
    Suspension
    DIY Webbing/Rings
    I like the simple, clean lines of the new logo.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    I just watched the setup vid again and realized just who RaftingTigger was! HAHAHAHA!! Sometimes I'm a little behind. Anyways, and this probably has been covered 432 times already, but how do you decide how wide the baseline is and when hanging say a Warbonnet XLC with built in Whoopies, how do you rig up the hammock compared to the built in ridgeline on the Tensa4? Do you just hang the XLC with Whoopies as short as possible wrapped around the poles and then adjust the Tensa4 ridgeline to match? I'm just so worried I am going to break something! I didn't care so much while using the Amok Segl, but my XLC was $$$!!!

Going to rig up the XLC and a tarp soon outside!!

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    [...] how do you decide how wide the baseline is and when hanging say a Warbonnet XLC with built in Whoopies, how do you rig up the hammock compared to the built in ridgeline on the Tensa4?
    Re baseline, pretty simple: too narrow is when your head bumps a pole. Too wide is when you're not as far off the ground as you like. Re ridgeline, you may need to improvise as you suggest if your minimum hammock suspension length is lacking. The stand's ridgeline is somewhat redundant with the hammock's. We include it because not all hammocks have ridgelines, and it's a convenience to have the stand erect before you've got a hammock hung. But really, if your hammock's already got a ridgeline, the stand's is hardly necessary. Just take the slack out of it, letting the hammock's ridgeline and suspension determine the final angles.
    --

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Re baseline, pretty simple: too narrow is when your head bumps a pole. Too wide is when you're not as far off the ground as you like. Re ridgeline, you may need to improvise as you suggest if your minimum hammock suspension length is lacking. The stand's ridgeline is somewhat redundant with the hammock's. We include it because not all hammocks have ridgelines, and it's a convenience to have the stand erect before you've got a hammock hung. But really, if your hammock's already got a ridgeline, the stand's is hardly necessary. Just take the slack out of it, letting the hammock's ridgeline and suspension determine the final angles.
    Thank you! I just watched Shug's video again and I think he mentioned something about tweaking things. He also mentioned you want things more laid out rather than a tall V, which makes sense. So based on the hammock you have, and your shoulder width, and all that, you just tweak to make it work. It seems pretty safe though so that's good!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thank you! I just watched Shug's video again and I think he mentioned something about tweaking things. He also mentioned you want things more laid out rather than a tall V, which makes sense. So based on the hammock you have, and your shoulder width, and all that, you just tweak to make it work. It seems pretty safe though so that's good!

Yes...just keep making small adjustments until you get it where you want it.
    Then make notes on the lengths for that hammock.
    I had a tall V for my AMOK but my 11' hammocks are around 65' for base and 134 for Tensa4 ridgeline.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Yes...just keep making small adjustments until you get it where you want it.
    Then make notes on the lengths for that hammock.
    I had a tall V for my AMOK but my 11' hammocks are around 65' for base and 134 for Tensa4 ridgeline.
    Thank you! I'll note those dimensions so I can at least ballpark things. I appreciate it! I would imagine my XLC and out Walhalla guest hammock will differ some despite them both being 11'. Their sags and ridgelines seem to be different so tweakage there will be!

Oh! Song opportunity!!!!

Oh a tweakage there will be,
    A tweakage there will be,
    Hi ho the Tensa4 we go,
    A tweakage there will be!!

Please leave tips and the hat. Thank you all!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 66 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast