WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    Just thought I’d drop a pic of my stand set up to watch a full moon tonight then mountain bike racing tomorrow.
    Good luck!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    Just thought I’d drop a pic of my stand set up to watch a full moon tonight then mountain bike racing tomorrow.
    that doesn't look like a draumr, wtf

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    I finally got my stand set up with the tarp poles. It took me 4x longer than it should ha e cause I was chasing my 2 year old around the yard while assembling everything

I cant wrap my head around how the stand doesn't taco with the tarp pulling on the poles, but I'm glad it works so well!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I setup in the backyard again last night specifically to sleep out in a prolonged evening/all night storm. There was intermittent rain off and on all night, accompanied with a mild wind. The tarp extension help my 12 foot tarp with doors just beautifully. Zero issues whatsoever, I slept great.

I took my cook kit out with me, and had breakfast from the hammock this morning with some absolutely delicious PackIt Gourmet West Memphis Grits Souffle, along with the requisite Medaglia D'oro instant espresso. A beautiful way to wake up this morning.

There is another storm coming through tonight, and looks like it will rain all night long again. I'm sleeping out again.

I love this thing.

IMG_20190323_084938.jpg

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    that doesn't look like a draumr, wtf
    I was at a big bike race and didn’t really wanna spend the whole time in demo mode!

Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Re tautness of head tether/guyline: our concerns about tightening it are a mix of theoretical and practical. Benefits of leaving a little play in the head guyline are:

- Adjustments are easier. You can lessen the tilt, reposition the feet, tighten suspension or ridgeline, or narrow the baseline to raise the seat height without interference.
    - No pre-load on the poles. If you tension both foot and head guylines, that load on the poles subtracts from their useful capacity. If the head end is being pried open to decrease the hang angle, raising the hammock, the load can go up quite a lot, making a safe weight rating hard to state. If you then get in the hammock and the poles bow a little more (as they will), possibly relieving the head guyline tension, are you going to have a buddy tighten it up further because you don't like slack?
    - Resilience. Suppose somebody or some animal runs into your stand. Damage is less likely if the stand can move a bit, distribute the force, not be locked down to take it all at the point of impact. Suppose you have a big tarp and a strong gust of wind puts a big load on. Do your stakes pull out, or does the tarp instead deflect a bit as the head end rises an inch or two, then back down? Willow versus oak, dynamic vs static etc.

The fact that the stand CAN work with only a foot anchor, the position of the head apex self-adjusting, is part of what makes the stand such a conversation piece, for better or worse. It's also a practical benefit when you need the smallest footprint, no opportunity for a head guy. Normalizing an immobile, locked-down setup would obscure these positives. But guying it all snug does appeal to potential users who are afraid of tacoing, where any movement feels alarming. So many people exclaim, once they try it, that it FEELS more stable than it looks. So, whatever makes you feel comfortable...
    I am expecting my Amok xl some time in early April. Since the Amok needs a level hang from the stand I assume I'll need to tether both ends equally. Most days I weigh in somewhere between 260-270. Will my tensa be able to handle the stress? Sorry if this has been answered before I just haven't been able to find the info.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpierubadub View Post
    I am expecting my Amok xl some time in early April. Since the Amok needs a level hang from the stand I assume I'll need to tether both ends equally. Most days I weigh in somewhere between 260-270. Will my tensa be able to handle the stress? Sorry if this has been answered before I just haven't been able to find the info.
    I set my Amok Draumr XL on my Tensa 4. Both ends tethered (as it comes now). Amok slightly biased to one side.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Thanks Shug!

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpierubadub View Post
    Weight no problem. Transverse hammocks with their steeper hang angles put less, not more stress on the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

I'm curious how these stands do in the wind when a fly is attached? It was windy this weekend and hammocks on trees did just fine but I've been considering one of these as not everywhere I go with scouts has trees/enough trees. I was in a tent this weekend and the wind damaged a pole

• + New Posts
  • Page 106 of 182 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast