banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveMD View Post
    Kind of a silly question, but does it matter the order that the tubes are connected to each other for the trekking treez?

I figured it probably doesn't matter, but I figured I'd ask since the instructions specified a specific order (https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/wp-cont...tructions1.pdf)
    It does matter, but there are multiple possibilities depending on your desired finished length in trekking mode, or your desired hang height in stand mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Ah I see what you're saying.

Is that because there can't be any "exposed" inner pole when the poles are in stand mode?

I was watching the setup video and she did specify that the poles had to be pushed in all the way.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveMD View Post
    Ah I see what you're saying.

Is that because there can't be any "exposed" inner pole when the poles are in stand mode?

I was watching the setup video and she did specify that the poles had to be pushed in all the way.
    Correct: in stand mode none of the inner tubing of the adjustable section A:B should be exposed. The larger diameter outer tubing is stronger, so must make up the whole length.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Only order constraints are:

Trekking mode: Knob on top, pointy tip on bottom
    Hammock mode: Either top knob on top or Pointy tip piece pointed upwards: Hammock and suspension from the 1/4-20 stud; flat foot on bottom; NO inner tube showing.

That said, there are very few ways to do this. Really you can swap the long and short extensions or use one or the other, or none. All the rest of the pieces have a specific location.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    E. E.
    I received my tensa 4 and have slept 2 nights in it so far. Love it! One question though, on my BB XLC, can I hook my suspension directly to the toggle like the ridge line that comes with the stand? Reason is I can not get 6 inches of suspension. I am more like 10 inches from end of hammock. Ridge line is not super tight but it is tight. Thanks for any ideas or help. Another thought is keep ridge line on stand and tighten it to correct length but not sure if that will damage anything.
    Last edited by derekw; 03-16-2021 at 06:39.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    What I'm concerned about are the upper 30" spreader bars contacting the legs and how far apart the legs would have to be so it all clears. 30" spreaders maybe 2' down from the suspension line leaves me wondering if the spreaders would fit in front of the legs and the base of the hammock hang outside / behind the legs. Or maybe everything fits in behind the legs or the base of the stand is so wide everything clears ...

I emailed Haven and got this response ...

"Hi there,
    Could you tell me the distance between hanging supports on your stand? Recommended minimum distance is 9.5 to 10 feet. It's possible that the diagonal bars may interfere with the bottom corners of the tent, since this is not shaped like a regular hammock.
    Let me know if you have any other questions! "
    With Latherddome's help, we figured out how to use the Tensa 4 with my Big Guy Bridge. The problem was the spreader at the head end was contacting the poles. I figured out that what was needed was a slightly steeper angle on the poles so I separated the bottom feet of the poles by a couple of feet with a length of PVC pipe. Latherdome showed me some pictures on the Tensa web site of hanging two hammocks from one tree and splitting the stand. I hang my BGB by using that technique and eliminate having to take the PVC pipes
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    WBRR or WBBBxlc
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    straps
    Hi all
    Has anyone used one of the Tensa systems in softer sand? I have a backpacking trip planned for Great Sand Dunes NP this summer and would rather not tent it if possible.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rodxx View Post
    Hi all
    Has anyone used one of the Tensa systems in softer sand? I have a backpacking trip planned for Great Sand Dunes NP this summer and would rather not tent it if possible.
    Tensa4 works better in sketchy soft ground than Solo or Trekking Treez: far lower anchor forces. You can even fill the bag with the sand, tie to and bury it if stakes pull up.

Edit: Solo and TT can work in soft ground including beaches too, but you need to be a little luckier or lighter.

Last edited by Latherdome; 03-18-2021 at 21:49.
    --

Hammock
    DIY Chameleon Compatible AIRWAVE1.8
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly XL
    Insulation
    Habanero/Serrano
    Suspension
    Straps/Beetles
    Used my Tensa4 on a sandy beach by a lake two years ago, and sandy soil a couple times since. Worked great!

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    E. E.
    I have been sleeping and changing my stand for 2 weeks now. I am getting very happy and comfortable now. Love the standIMG_0034.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 162 of 182 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast