banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    It dulls a razor or utility blade very quickly. Then a splicing tool is needed, which can be as simple as a piece of safety wire, or similar. I also like to use something like an awl, for picking strands and enlarging holes through the braid.
    We’d pre-cut it, probably short of thinning ends. Could include a florist’s wire, which is what i keep coming back to after trying fancier tools, duct-tape handle. I use a ball-point pen to open holes in the braid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    We’ve thought about making webbing automatic, and UCRs an add-on you purchase separately if you really don’t like the webbing.
    I haven't looked through your order page recently, but I kind of thought that's how it was already once the webbing became available. I already have my Tensa4 with UCRs, and love it, but I would think having UCRs as an optional add-on would be just fine. The capitalist in me would call it an upsell.

Hammock
    Dutchware Wide Hexon 1.7
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Nope. The UCR is lighter and more compact, but the webbing doubles as tree straps. So if you would pack tree straps anyway just in case, the webbing is lighter overall.

Thanks for the response. I pulled the trigger and placed my order for the Tensa4 and the tarp extensions. Super excited to get it and set it up.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." – Douglas Adams

Lightbulb

... We’ve thought about making webbing automatic, and UCRs an add-on you purchase separately if you really don’t like the webbing.

Please don't make us purchase webbing straps if we don't want them. I can see making UCRs and add-on, but don't want to be forced to buy webbing too if I'm never going to use it. Make an option to buy the stand with-out any webbing or UCRs for those of us whom would rather DIY our own. I'd rather have the option to buy my next stand without any straps at a price that reflects such.

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Regarding UCR....

How about offering precut and premarked amsteel for UCR DIY as an accessory? This is assuming that UCR accessory sales have impacted for Tensa4 UCR packages.

Alternatively, provide the UCR DIY option on the sales page with a minor discount?

Hope this helps alleviate your bottleneck.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Space blanket
    Suspension
    Constrictors
    Quote Originally Posted by W8lkinUSA View Post
    Regarding UCR....

How about offering precut and premarked amsteel for UCR DIY as an accessory? This is assuming that UCR accessory sales have impacted for Tensa4 UCR packages.

Alternatively, provide the UCR DIY option on the sales page with a minor discount?

Hope this helps alleviate your bottleneck.
    Yep, it will be a great option. I measured the existing UCR - the length, bury, loop before splicing my own.

The flatworm toggle is already available as part option.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    I've had a play with the tarp extensions - I was very impressed!

They really are very simple, but work well. No need to use any tarp suspension at all. Two Orange Screws for the head & foot tether and the stand & tarp are up, then only stakes for tarp guy lines are needed to be fully set up.

Two Orange Screws and the stand & tarp are good:

Tarp deployed with 4 guy lines & pegs (total of 2 Orange Screws and 4 pegs):

My Simply Light Designs 12' tarp doesn't quite have enough length to fully cover the Tensa 4, so I've ordered a 13' from SLD that is basically the same tarp but 1 foot longer.

I've also realised that I had only ordered one tether webbing strap and also some 12kN caribiners would be handy, so I've put another order into Tensa Outdoors for a 2nd tether strap and 6 carabiners, using my Shipito address so I can consolidate that package with 4 others (including some bling from Dutch). It's been a bit spendy over the last couple of days, I also order another DH Sparrow, but with cinch buckles - I'll leave my whoopie sling Sparrow set up in my bedroom and use the cinch buckle one as my camping hammock.

When my order from Dutch arrives I'm going to set up Fleaz on my tarp and attach guy lines to my pegs, I'm hoping to make guying out my tarp quicker and easier. It should also make it easier to run longer guy lines for porch mode because I'll only need the line to run one way (peg to Fleaz on tarp) rather than from the tarp, around the peg and back to the tarp.

I'm finding I very much prefer the webbing to the UCRs for my stand. The extra weight is not going to matter considering the Tensa 4 is in no way an ultra light stand anyway. The webbing with cinch buckles seems a lot more reliable than the UCRs which I've had slacken off before (both for the foot-end tether and for the ridge line).

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, UGQ TQ
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
    I've had a play with the tarp extensions - I was very impressed!

They really are very simple, but work well. No need to use any tarp suspension at all. Two Orange Screws for the head & foot tether and the stand & tarp are up, then only stakes for tarp guy lines are needed to be fully set up.

Two Orange Screws and the stand & tarp are good:

Tarp deployed with 4 guy lines & pegs (total of 2 Orange Screws and 4 pegs):

My Simply Light Designs 12' tarp doesn't quite have enough length to fully cover the Tensa 4, so I've ordered a 13' from SLD that is basically the same tarp but 1 foot longer.

I've also realised that I had only ordered one tether webbing strap and also some 12kN caribiners would be handy, so I've put another order into Tensa Outdoors for a 2nd tether strap and 6 carabiners, using my Shipito address so I can consolidate that package with 4 others (including some bling from Dutch). It's been a bit spendy over the last couple of days, I also order another DH Sparrow, but with cinch buckles - I'll leave my whoopie sling Sparrow set up in my bedroom and use the cinch buckle one as my camping hammock.

When my order from Dutch arrives I'm going to set up Fleaz on my tarp and attach guy lines to my pegs, I'm hoping to make guying out my tarp quicker and easier. It should also make it easier to run longer guy lines for porch mode because I'll only need the line to run one way (peg to Fleaz on tarp) rather than from the tarp, around the peg and back to the tarp.

I'm finding I very much prefer the webbing to the UCRs for my stand. The extra weight is not going to matter considering the Tensa 4 is in no way an ultra light stand anyway. The webbing with cinch buckles seems a lot more reliable than the UCRs which I've had slacken off before (both for the foot-end tether and for the ridge line).
    Looks good! Looking at your setup though, I noticed something. It is my understanding that the tethers should not be tightened to prevent excessive loading on the poles when you are in the hammock. You may just have done this for this setup, but I thought I would point it out.

The stand is absolutely quality and has solved by backyard problem of no trees.

I will be looking for the tarp extensions next although with the new Amok Draumr XL, tarp height does not seem so much of an issue

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    WOW! Superfast delivery. My order, placed 9PM Wednesday, was at my door 9AM Saturday.

I am also really impressed by the quality of the stand; clearly, a well engineered product.

I chose the webbing with a plan to splice my own UCRs. I will still eventually follow through with that plan but, the webbing is nicer than I anticipated.

Really happy I finally pulled the trigger on this purchase.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

• + New Posts
  • Page 110 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast