Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    From what Todd (latherdome) told me on Facebook, the Tensa stand has been reported to not work well with a Towns-End Big Guy Bridge. Has anyone had a different experience? I already own the stand and just ordered the hammock.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    WBRR/ Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/ Borg
    Insulation
    Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Many
    I’ve got a Luxury bridge and couldn’t make it work without hitting the stand, I think the issue is the extra width of the luxury bridge head end spreader bars. The foot end had no problems. I tried a super narrow base, less then 2’.
    I also tried a wide base but would rest on the ground. Only thing I didn’t try was laying at the floor end, with my feet at the head end. Maybe get a second set of foot end spreader bars from Bill but not sure how that would fit on the head end.
    Let me know if find a way to make it work as I like my Luxury.
    As a cautionary tale I managed to taco the stand and launch a spreader bar through the hammock (not at the same time- I had to work at it) as I got busy trying new settings and didn’t make sure I was setting stand and hammock up per instructions.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by BradA72 View Post
    I’ve got a Luxury bridge and couldn’t make it work without hitting the stand, I think the issue is the extra width of the luxury bridge head end spreader bars. The foot end had no problems. I tried a super narrow base, less then 2’.
    I also tried a wide base but would rest on the ground. Only thing I didn’t try was laying at the floor end, with my feet at the head end. Maybe get a second set of foot end spreader bars from Bill but not sure how that would fit on the head end.
    Let me know if find a way to make it work as I like my Luxury.
    As a cautionary tale I managed to taco the stand and launch a spreader bar through the hammock (not at the same time- I had to work at it) as I got busy trying new settings and didn’t make sure I was setting stand and hammock up per instructions.
    I got a folder from Bill with a collection of instructional videos. I noticed the lines that run from the carabiner to the end of the hammock are pretty long. I was thinking of shortening one or both ends by wrapping the lines around something making sure to keep them equal in length. This may raise the hammock away from the stand enough to make it work. Alternately, I was thinking of adding a short dogbone to the head end to get the spreader bar away from the stand. I consider this a challenge now
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    WBRR/ Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/ Borg
    Insulation
    Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Many
    Let me know how it works out, I’d love to use my luxury with the stand.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by BradA72 View Post
    Let me know how it works out, I’d love to use my luxury with the stand.

This is what John R. came up with to make the Townsend bridges work with Tensa4. That’s PVC pipe.

Posting just in the spirit of openness. This seems to work well, but isn’t an endorsement because we haven’t tested to failure to know how weight rating may be affected, or for any other hidden issues. It seems unlikely to work well as presented on hard slick surfaces instead of dirt that helps keep the feet planted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    One tensahedron, one tree, two hammocks. One ground stake each keeps feet from sliding treeward. On the Rogue River, near its Mount Mazama source, with my son.

Head ends counterweighted but not tethered in pics. Did tether to the stakes after one closed up. I’ll never learn that can≠should with these things.

It was helpful to have packed 2 extra ball-loop pole connectors (Tensa4) to attach the guylines to the pole ends on the ground. Otherwise no extra parts used.

The tree could be a vehicle too. Was going to set that up last night of our trip in the desert, but really bad wildfire smoke brought us home a day early.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Couldn’t you have used one pole instead of two for each hammock, theoretically?

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Very cool!!! Good to see how versatile these things are! Can I assume one can order those new rubber pole caps on your site as needed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammichael View Post
    Couldn’t you have used one pole instead of two for each hammock, theoretically?

Like Tensa Solo? Those poles are much shorter (for strength) and need 2 guylines each to strong ground anchors.

A single full-length pole like these at a steep lean would also need 2 anchors for stability, and the hammock might tend to bump it, and the weight rating would go way down.

--

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    Very cool!!! Good to see how versatile these things are! Can I assume one can order those new rubber pole caps on your site as needed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Yes. See Feet in Parts section. We have very low stock and will likely run out before resupply, hence high prices.

Happy to report that long-term test of the new feet’s weather/UV resilience shows them to be impervious.

--

• + New Posts
  • Page 158 of 182 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast