Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Most of this information we've disclosed here already piecemeal, but summing up recent developments at Tensa Outdoor: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/08...or-the-better/
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    That tubing profile is pretty cool. I would have thought that a simple modest ovalization of the tubing would accomplish the same thing.

Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    So, I got a chance to get my set up today. Takes some serious futzing to get it dialed in. Not sure that I have mine dialed in yet. Tried it with two different hammocks, it was much easier to get it usable with the shorter Therma-Rest Slacker (116") than with my Sierra Madre Pares (11'). With the Pares I have a LOT of trouble getting out of it without mousetrapping the stand. I'm definitely going to have to use the head end guy line with the Pares. Also, getting a good diagonal with the Pares is putting my head into the pole. More futzing is in order, but after being mousetrapped a second time, at dusk, I said to myself, "it's time to practice taking it down."

It takes down nice and simple, and the bag is just about perfectly sized. Too often, outdoor gear makers get insanely cheap on bags and make them so that unless one is a black belt in Folding/Packing Foo, you can't get the gear back into the bag it came in. Not a problem here. Well done. (Next run of bags, take a page from REI and actually print the setup instructions on the bag.)

Pics with the Slacker -
    Tensa4 w Slacker2.jpgTensa4 w Slacker.jpg

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    BikerDad, quick tip. Screw the anchor all the way in.

To keep your head off the pole lengthen the head suspension a little. Once you get it dialed in for a hammock, then mark the lines. Don't make the markings permanent until you are REALLY sure. Crayon, chalk, thread should all work.

Instructions on the bag, very good idea, but it isn't practical yet.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Bikerdad, looks like maybe your ridgeline is too short, poles closer to 45° than 30°, hence flytrapping. Try letting out a bit, also hammock’s suspension. All things equal this also increases headward tilt, further stabilizing. Also, i always use a head-end counterweight instead of head tether. At this moment, a chunk of firewood :-)

Broadening the base also improves head/foot pole clearance at expense of seat height.

Re bag, there’s room for a (dry) tarp or even a simple hammock in addition to stand. Re instructions printed in bag: we've been waiting for the product to achieve a mature stability before investing in durable fancy instructions. Also, some ambiguity remains about the most effective setup and troubleshooting tips, so it doesn't hurt to wait for some greater clarity. I want a short, tight, foolproof flowchart, but admit there are some subtle gotchas still running loose. Part of the fascination? We do have some outside talent at work on these items. Sometimes I think Raftingtigger and I are maybe too close to see what others further away see. Part of why I love seeing DIY flavors is, while I've seen most of it all before, I'm still learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Latherdome; 08-06-2018 at 11:52.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Does the Tensa Solo conversion kit still apply to the new poles?

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Bikerdad, looks like maybe your ridgeline is too short, poles closer to 45° than 30°, hence flytrapping. Try letting out a bit, also hammock’s suspension. All things equal this also increases headward tilt, further stabilizing. Also, i always use a head-end counterweight instead of head tether. At this moment, a chunk of firewood :-)

Broadening the base also improves head/foot pole clearance at expense of seat height.

Re bag, there’s room for a (dry) tarp or even a simple hammock in addition to stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good idea. This would be a great place to put your backpack or other gear when camping.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Most of this information we've disclosed here already piecemeal, but summing up recent developments at Tensa Outdoor: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/08...or-the-better/
    is the price expected to remain at $300 through the end of this year? or any plans for a price increase?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Jdy98p, the Tensa Solo conversion path will continue, as will Tensa Solo as a stand-alone option. However, a necessary component is delayed somewhat, putting availability out a bit further from Tensa4.

Novasquid, we do not anticipate any significant price change. We do contemplate an end to "free" shipping, to put in-person and international sales on a level field, so to speak.
    --

Images
    I see you have renamed the Tensa 2 to Tensa Solo. Is this to free up the name Tensa 2 for a single sided Tensa 4, just two poles... like I did here?
    https://youtu.be/wCBMvIycmmY
    Hmm?
    Enquiring minds are a PITA!

• + New Posts
  • Page 32 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast