Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Not a great photo, but shows a key advantage of our Tensa4 stand: this is a 12' hammock properly hung with deep sag, adequate seat height, and foot end higher in the footprint of a twin bed, with space left over. Sure it's cheating a little that the ends stick over the half walls, but this also means you can hang on, say, a balcony that's narrower than the stand itself, the ends in free air.

All other stands we know about either have far too large a footprint, or far too low and close supports, to accomplish similar, and nothing comes close to our 11-lb, 19" long packed size.

Setting this up was tricky, I admit. I've thought of the baseline width as mainly to adjust seat height, and indeed it is. But in tight spaces like this, where I needed the poles to clear those half walls on both sides, I found i needed to make the base far narrower than i am accustomed, and to let the hammock out more to keep the seat height reasonable. Half an inch adjustment of feet position, tilt, ridgeline length results in a pole touching a wall. But I dialed it in and slept the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

very cool, I love my stand

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    Using this bad boy near Alpine, AZ.

Love the Tensa!

Images
    Todd, I like that nook you have there and it's a nifty little space to set up for a nap or even overnight. I dig the hammock as well as the extension springs you're hanging it from.

I used the stand outdoors again last night, my new lowest temperature with it so far. The temp matters not for the stand itself, but I think I'm nearing the limits for the orange screw. We've had highs in the 20's and lows in the teens for several days now with no snow insulating the ground, and the top 2 inches of soil are frozen. Tricky to get the anchor started, but I was able to fully anchor without damaging it. Soon I'm sure I'll have to start anchoring to something above ground.

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC 1.1 DL w/winter cover
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti + REI sit pad
    Suspension
    Strap + Buckles
    Just for grins while testing, I rigged up my Warbonnet Superfly over my Warbonnet XLC hammock without using tie downs for the Superfly. I just wrapped the ends around and tied to where the lower poles hook together using shock cord. Note that there is only one anchor used on the foot end and a weight on the head end. It worked pretty well. If I hooked the foot end to my motorcycle, there would be no ground tiedowns needed! I have a Superfly Center Pole Mod Kit on the way which will enlarge the area under the tarp and give another tiedown mid tarp.

I am not sure how practical this will be since I have to crawl under one end to enter/exit. It was no problem in my rec room but who knows how it will be in the field. I slept in it overnight and it should provide excellent weather protection and privacy. More testing needed.

Superfly on Tensa4.jpg
    Last edited by MisterS; 12-08-2018 at 17:15.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    Using this bad boy near Alpine, AZ.

Love the Tensa!

I love seeing the stand set up around plenty of trees. Means it's that easy, or easier!
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterS View Post
    Just for grins while testing, I rigged up my Warbonnet Superfly over my Warbonnet XLC hammock without using tie downs for the Superfly. I just wrapped the ends around and tied to where the lower poles hook together using shock cord. Note that there is only one anchor used on the foot end and a weight on the head end. It worked pretty well. If I hooked the foot end to my motorcycle, there would be no ground tiedowns needed! I have a Superfly Center Pole Mod Kit on the way which will enlarge the area under the tarp and give another tiedown mid tarp.

I am not sure how practical this will be since I have to crawl under one end to enter/exit. It was no problem in my rec room but who knows how it will be in the field. I slept in it overnight and it should provide excellent weather protection and privacy. More testing needed.

Superfly on Tensa4.jpg
    I've had my winter tarp snug, but not that snug, around the stand. A little claustrophobic for my taste, but very good weather protection as you say. It's easier getting in and out if you set up on a fairly steep slope, with the foot end downslope. Then enter/exit under the foot end: max headroom.
    --

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    just ordered one today from dutch's site. my winter and summer tarp both has a 12' ridgeline will these to tarps work with the stand or will I need a tarp with a 11' ridgeline?
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    just ordered one today from dutch's site. my winter and summer tarp both has a 12' ridgeline will these to tarps work with the stand or will I need a tarp with a 11' ridgeline?
    you are probably going to have to get creative or wait for the tarp extension mod, https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/wp-cont...tput_2d27.jpegfullsizeoutput_2d27.jpeg

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterS View Post
    Your quest in redefining low impact hammock hanging is admirable. However, you're going to make the rest of us treeless hangers look bad.... LOL

• + New Posts
  • Page 76 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast