Page 80 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    I’ve done it a number of times without incident. You are not the first to speculate that it could damage the mattress. I guess... which mattress? I figure the stress is distributed on 4 feet comparable in surface area to standing on your toes on the mattress. Is that going to damage it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    would probably only do this at a hotel, can't wait to be able to sleep in my hammock instead of a hotel mattress
    www.3drcparts.com my company

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by boca1 View Post
    would probably only do this at a hotel, can't wait to be able to sleep in my hammock instead of a hotel mattress
    Not really sure why anybody would need to do it at home. If you'd rather sleep on a hammock than in a bed in the bedroom, just get rid of the bed and install wall anchors. If you're in an apartment or someplace where installing wall anchors isn't feasible, then use the stand, but still ditch the bed!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    I can't use names, but we have 14 people who put in deposits for a total of 15 stands between Aug 6th and Sept 12th, 2018. We have emailed all at least 3 times and haven't heard back if they want the stand or not. We would love to get these people their stand - if they still want one - or clear our books if they can't get one for whatever reason. If you are one of these people or know of one, please contact us at [email protected]
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WBBB XLC v2
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB / HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps

Merry Christmas to me

Can't wait for my first outing with this in a few weeks. Hoping to put and end to my ground-dwelling days for good.

Tensa4Stand-0009.jpg
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
    – John Muir

Could anyone here comment on the feasibility of setting up and breaking down every day indoors? I'm thinking about swapping my bed for a hammock instead of a new mattress. Tato would probably be better if I could keep it up permanently however my living space is only ~15'x20' so I don't think that would work. Looks like the tensa4 would be a great choice if i set up anchors attached to something like a radiator, door hinge, wall anchor, etc. and then broke it down during the day if I felt like it was getting it in the way of stuff. I have wood floors however would put little pads to protect the floor like with other furniture.

(can't simply anchor eye bolts into the walls and go stand-less due to the construction of the walls)

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeclouds View Post
    Could anyone here comment on the feasibility of setting up and breaking down every day indoors? I'm thinking about swapping my bed for a hammock instead of a new mattress. Tato would probably be better if I could keep it up permanently however my living space is only ~15'x20' so I don't think that would work. Looks like the tensa4 would be a great choice if i set up anchors attached to something like a radiator, door hinge, wall anchor, etc. and then broke it down during the day if I felt like it was getting it in the way of stuff. I have wood floors however would put little pads to protect the floor like with other furniture.

(can't simply anchor eye bolts into the walls and go stand-less due to the construction of the walls)
    It has rubber feet which should protect the floor just fine I would guess

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

You could un-tether it and lean it against a wall or fold it and lay it on the floor against the wall.
    Saves disassembling the whole thing.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images

Like Shug just mentioned...
    You don't have to completely disassemble the Tensa4 stand. You can leave your hammock attached and fold it all together. This makes it about 8'8" X 4". If the length is too long, you can collapse some of the poles without detaching them. This method then takes about 30 seconds to set it back up. Re-anchor the foot end and you're set up. I don't bother anchoring the head end.

Thanks all, that's significantly easier than I was thinking. Somehow I didn't even think of even leaving the hammock attached. Looks like it will work out perfect.

I attended the motorcycleadvshow.com in Dallas.

It was a great event, the show was only half the fun. Enjoyed visiting with friends for about 3 hours. Went to bill dagroo presentation, had a chance to visit with him afterwards.

I bought a pair of Klim Mojave pants at a good price.

Made new friends around the campfire, Audrey joined us. She put this together in about 4 months. The show was a break even financially, but she is passion about the adv sport. That was her primary goal. She said the guy selling Mexican blankets did very well.

After the show we moved to lake dallas and had a camp out. Had about 20 people camp out, and made some new friends.

They cooked free hotdogs for us:

Perfect night on the lake

Sat around the fire

Went to a warm bed and watched some Netflix

Perfect morning, the chill gorilla fortress is perfect size for the tensa stand. I do want to order a thunder fly tarp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 80 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast