WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    FWIW, the Tensa4 stand can convert (with a few extra pieces) into FOUR NoGround CarCamp telescoping poles. TiggzCraftworkz will soon combine with Tensa Outdoor. However, 4 CarCamp will not make one Tensa4.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Images
    WOW... okay, I leave the country for 4 months and come back to this thread AND miss the beta testing....

Bravo for working it out and teaming up.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    FWIW, the Tensa4 stand can convert (with a few extra pieces) into FOUR NoGround CarCamp telescoping poles. TiggzCraftworkz will soon combine with Tensa Outdoor. However, 4 CarCamp will not make one Tensa4.
    Can the "few extra pieces" be purchased too?

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    Can the "few extra pieces" be purchased too?
    Of course! Wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise. Extra pieces are the tarp extension segment, suspension pin, a foot, extra guylines, and extra anchors. The only part that is stand specific is the tarp extension, the rest you can get anywhere. Might make the Tensa2 (aka CarCamp tele) foot stand specific also. But one thing at a time....
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Our website www.TensaOutdoor.com is now live. You can purchase a pre-order for the Tensa4 (tensahedron) and the actual Tensa2 (aka CarCamp tele) there.

Current estimated ship date for pre-orders made now is mid June. Pre-orders already made are sooner. Tensa2 has a 3-week or less lead time to shipping.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    The burning question is why buy this instead of a tato stand if I am a car camper. I get why motor bikers would be interested, but as a car camper, I favor the design and utility of the Tato Hammock stand.
    I guess if you are fine with more bulk & weight then you are free to choose. For anyone that wants a smaller & lighter stand for motorcycling, biking, kayaking, canoeing, etc. then the Tensahedron stand is certainly a great option. I have a HH stand that is quite clever in design, but I find it a pain to setup, needing 12 stakes to hold it up and sometimes requiring a 2nd or 3rd attempt to get it stakes securely enough. The Tensahedron stand worked great for me over 14 nights while on a motorcycle trip and has also worked great on a car camping trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    I just stumbled on this and I'm planning a motorcycle camping trip this summer and dreading sleeping in my tent LOL

btw anybody trying this with a bridge hammock?
    I've done a quick backyard test with my RR hammock, need to get the tilt angle right (by adjusting the tether to the ground) and the spread distance right to hang the hammock with the spreader bars not hitting the poles, but it is doable IMO. I find my DH Sparrow more comfortable, so that's what I use.

I'll look into extension poles on the stand for attaching the tarp, saving the tarp poles and extra anchors to make setup and take-down quicker & easier. But everything worked well on that trip, for testing the stand I didn't use trees at all, just the stand each night for 14 nights. The best thing was being able to setup anywhere and not having to sleep on the ground.

Actually: For a Tato stand vs Tensahedron stand - I don't think that the Tato stand would work as well on uneven ground, the Tensahedron stand should work fine even on sloping ground or rough ground. Just something to consider when comparing the stands.

I'll add one more pro--the convert-ability to Tensa2 form means that if I own one, with some extra bits, my wife and I can share one tree. And so can our son, and my buddy Pete. With a bit of care on loading, it doesn't even need to be much of a tree.
    And even with the extra bits and stakes, the whole kit wont weigh more than the fifteen pound (with compressor and batteries) air mattress we hauled along in ground dweller mode. Really. Two bikes, our heaviest luxury, and the main reason why we started looking at hammocks.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
    The Tensahedron stand worked great for me over 14 nights while on a motorcycle trip and has also worked great on a car camping trip..
    sweet jebus that looks like such a fantastic setup. any other pics? (or a spot where you've previously posted pics?)

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    KiwiMark and I are competing for most epic motorcycle hammock camping pics: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/03/17/on-the-road/.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    sweet jebus that looks like such a fantastic setup. any other pics? (or a spot where you've previously posted pics?)
    Each campsite setup was about the same, the best view to be had was the inside of my eyelids each night for 8+ hours!

I had the bike loaded up pretty good with my camping gear and other stuff:

But next trip it will be on a different bike because that bike has been traded-in:

Taking the Tensahedron stand has been liberating, I no longer have to hunt for suitable trees, I can just set up wherever the ground dweller can set up. It is probably a bit quicker to set up and take down the gear using trees since the supports are already there, but when there are no suitable trees you can use . . .

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 182 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast