banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeclouds View Post
    Thanks all, that's significantly easier than I was thinking. Somehow I didn't even think of even leaving the hammock attached. Looks like it will work out perfect.
    You’ve gotten good advice. Our latest blog post (https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/12/10/tensa-indoor/) speaks to full-time indoor use. If you have room for a twin bed, you have room for the stand*. I failed to say much about ease of collapsing, but others here have: 30 seconds with hammock still attached. If you find that as you fold up one end, the feet threaten to drag on the ceiling, you can collapse just 2 sections on one side to make it clear. If you collapse poles on both ends, even shorter, but then the hammock with quilts is more likely to drag on the ground. The other way is to tip the stand sideways to close up the base, then fold the apexes together at a low height but the hammock now drags. Either way you then have a column that tucks neat into a corner, under a bed, etc.

I happen to be moving from one apartment on the dark north side of the building to the prime corner unit on the sunny south side. Guess how long it took me to move my “bed”? I still have a mattress in there I have to figure how to haul in the pouring rain, and then to patch the holes I made to hang before the stand was mature. This new apartment? No holes, Tensa4 full time.

*the footprint is smaller than a twin bed, but the top span requires about 11’ for a GE, larger than the diagonal of a king size mattress, and admittedly it only sleeps one comfortably. Cuddles are different, and anchoring both ends is highly advisable. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Latherdome; 12-17-2018 at 01:19.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterk View Post
    What a great way to transition a bonfire safely to the hammock! I'm always reading for an hour or two before I turn in for the night. I'm going to steal your ingenuity.

My tensa4 will also keep me happy at treeless campsites. Great use of tarp poles as well!

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

Quote Originally Posted by W8lkinUSA View Post
    What a great way to transition a bonfire safely to the hammock! I'm always reading for an hour or two before I turn in for the night. I'm going to steal your ingenuity.

My tensa4 will also keep me happy at treeless campsites. Great use of tarp poles as well!
    The CG tarp has a ridge line of 11’6”, perfect distance for the tensa stand. I checked the thunder fly, it is 11’, so it wont work with this set up. I need that additional 6”. 12’ would be ok I believe with the poles. But 11’6” actually rests against the stand for additional tent pole stability.

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterk View Post
    The CG tarp has a ridge line of 11’6”, perfect distance for the tensa stand. I checked the thunder fly, it is 11’, so it wont work with this set up. I need that additional 6”. 12’ would be ok I believe with the poles. But 11’6” actually rests against the stand for additional tent pole stability.

Bummer. I was hoping that either my MSR 8' or Paria tarp poles would work together with my 11' Superfly. The Paria poles have greater height ranges, but aren't as sturdy as MSR poles.

Images
    Bummer. I was hoping that either my MSR 8' or Paria tarp poles would work together with my 11' Superfly. The Paria poles have greater height ranges, but aren't as sturdy as MSR poles.
    If you wanted to pitch an 11' tarp to poles rather than directly to the stand, couldn't you just run a CRL between the poles, or separate ridge ties between the poles and the tarp... instead of attaching the tarp directly to the poles?

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    If you wanted to pitch an 11' tarp to poles rather than directly to the stand, couldn't you just run a CRL between the poles, or separate ridge ties between the poles and the tarp... instead of attaching the tarp directly to the poles?
    That is a very good idea! I think I will try that next time.

Images
    I have a pair of the smaller REI poles and a pair of the larger Kelty poles. I've been meaning to try one of those sets with a 12' tarp over the stand, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Seems like until the extensions are available from Tensa Outdoor, this would be the "cleanest" way to rig a longer tarp without compromising the hammock sit height and having the tarp really low to the ground. It would also prevent the slight change in tarp ridgeline tension that occurs when getting into the hammock and loading the stand. Just more things to try and for me that's half the fun sometimes when car camping or setting up in the yard.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Space blanket
    Suspension
    Constrictors
    Yep. I use Dutch Tarp Flyz ..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    I'm now considering using the stand for one end and a tarp pole for the other end.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm now considering using the stand for one end and a tarp pole for the other end.
    Works pretty good.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 81 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast