Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbar View Post
    Really like my new stand, thanks, I can’t believe how fast you guys got it to me.

I’m curious how you are attaching it to a bike.

Also, fwiw, I’d love a carbon version, even with a price premium.
    Same here it was like 36 hours to get it across the country to me
    I am going to have a heavy canvas bag with the downs made in a few weeks
    I will report back

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Bromptons kick butt as mini cargo mules.
    I like that bike!!!!
    Is it electric too?
    Shug of one wheel
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I like that bike!!!!
    Is it electric too?
    Shug of one wheel
    No, not electric, though the maker has been working on an assisted version since forever. As a prospective dealer we've been told to expect its availability imminently every 6-18 months for like 10 years. I have ridden what was billed as a production prototype, even, but another delay. I am told it is actually available for purchase in the UK only, but have been so often disappointed to follow up on these reports that I will believe it only when I am run over by one.

Of special Shug interest maybe: once over 10 years ago I was standing in line, with the bike folded tiny at my feet. Behind me were a mother and small daughter, whispering excitedly to each other. I turned to make eye contact, and the lady blushed, then told me that she and her daughter admired my art. "My art? Thanks, but I don't understand." The circus was in town, and she had taken her daughter to it the night before. "We just love clowns, and when we saw your little bike, knew we must have seen you perform last night." I've called 'em clown bikes ever since, but they are seriously capable machines. Like the Tensa4, they fit in the overhead bin of aircraft and can readily be strapped to a motorbike too.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    No, not electric, though the maker has been working on an assisted version since forever. As a prospective dealer we've been told to expect its availability imminently every 6-18 months for like 10 years. I have ridden what was billed as a production prototype, even, but another delay. I am told it is actually available for purchase in the UK only, but have been so often disappointed to follow up on these reports that I will believe it only when I am run over by one.

Of special Shug interest maybe: once over 10 years ago I was standing in line, with the bike folded tiny at my feet. Behind me were a mother and small daughter, whispering excitedly to each other. I turned to make eye contact, and the lady blushed, then told me that she and her daughter admired my art. "My art? Thanks, but I don't understand." The circus was in town, and she had taken her daughter to it the night before. "We just love clowns, and when we saw your little bike, knew we must have seen you perform last night." I've called 'em clown bikes ever since, but they are seriously capable machines. Like the Tensa4, they fit in the overhead bin of aircraft and can readily be strapped to a motorbike too.
    Thanks for the intel. Did not want the electric and found regular old pedal power.
    Got a hankering for one. My wife rides bikes. I do not own a 2 wheeled craft.
    Though now I may get a clown bike and take it on road in Summer in my car with all my show props and sound and lights and such.
    Have you heard of the Tern brand? A Brompton wanna-be?
    Last edited by Shug; 09-29-2018 at 21:34.

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    At the risk of further derailing this thread into bike talk -- Latherdome, we haven't met in person, but we have emailed (I think?) about bike stuff, some years ago.

Heh, I wondered if Brompton would ever come out with their e-version.

Shug, Latherdome can tell you a lot more, but Brompton is like...the Jaguar of folding bikes? Completely made in the UK, including the components, which is really tough to do these days. Very thoroughly engineered. They stand up to hard use well. (So maybe Jaguar is not the best analogy.) I don't think they have any direct "wanna-bes" as that path would be difficult!

Tern is a good brand as well -- mainly Taiwanese (which is not a knock on them, as Taiwan is now the undisputed center of bicycle production, tech-wise) but with global offices, probably easier to find in person, somewhat less expensive. Asian countries have a longer history/closer relationship with folding bikes, so tend to come up with more varieties.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KBr00ks View Post
    At the risk of further derailing this thread into bike talk -- Latherdome, we haven't met in person, but we have emailed (I think?) about bike stuff, some years ago.

Heh, I wondered if Brompton would ever come out with their e-version.

Shug, Latherdome can tell you a lot more, but Brompton is like...the Jaguar of folding bikes? Completely made in the UK, including the components, which is really tough to do these days. Very thoroughly engineered. They stand up to hard use well. (So maybe Jaguar is not the best analogy.) I don't think they have any direct "wanna-bes" as that path would be difficult!

Tern is a good brand as well -- mainly Taiwanese (which is not a knock on them, as Taiwan is now the undisputed center of bicycle production, tech-wise) but with global offices, probably easier to find in person, somewhat less expensive. Asian countries have a longer history/closer relationship with folding bikes, so tend to come up with more varieties.
    Thanks for the intel.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Thanks for the intel.
    I emailed ya to help keep thread on topic. Summary: Bromptons are the better bike for me, with many asterisks that can tip it to Tern. If you can deal with the inferior fold and you like the fit and feel (subjective), Terns start at under half Brompton cost and are easily more than half as good.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I emailed ya to help keep thread on topic. Summary: Bromptons are the better bike for me, with many asterisks that can tip it to Tern. If you can deal with the inferior fold and you like the fit and feel (subjective), Terns start at under half Brompton cost and are easily more than half as good.
    Brompton and a cuppa sound more for me.
    Now to go set my Tensa4 with one and a half arms!
    Shug

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    At the park putting it all together!

WB Minifly works really well. The only thing I can think but I might change so moving over to a CRL so the tarp doesn't get over stressed if things break apart.

Super happy!20180930_135502.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangdang View Post
    There was some conversation about anchoring it to doors. It got me thinking about anchoring in general like say to a car door, below is a link to an anchor I use for my kayak. I have not done it yet but I could see anchoring to the rear of my car or one of the doors using this...

https://www.amazon.com/Sherpak-07811...LJL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Would work just fine, but I usually just tie mine to the wheel.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

• + New Posts
  • Page 52 of 182 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast