DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Progress update. The pole design has been stable for months, with all the connection holes finalized. I have just finished cutting, drilling, and deburring the first batch of commercial stands. Some of the details are still a little fluid but coming along. Our Beta testing has resulted in a few changes but nothing earth shaking. Our current build process is way faster than for the Betas, but still way too slow for the demand we anticipate. We are actively seeking improved material sources.

What does this all mean? I'm pushing for an April launch of a limited supply. Depending on the demand we can then have a better idea of what is needed to increase production AND keep them affordable.
    Fantastic news. Any idea of the price range with the current setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hexon 1.6W 11'
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex
    Insulation
    Snugpack UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    What is the weight and dimensions of assembled and disassembled of current configuration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    Fantastic news. Any idea of the price range with the current setup?
    What is the weight and dimensions of assembled and disassembled of current configuration?
    Working on a pre-order offer right now. Shipping of the first about April 15th. There is a limited supply, they take a long time to build. All the above questions will be answered with the pre-order offer.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images

Tensa4 Pre-Ordering

Tensa4 pre-orders: Important: We cannot take pre-orders on this thread nor through private messaging. The only way to pre-order is via [email protected] and payment via PayPal to [email protected]

The Tensa4 is an innovative, lightweight, compact, indoor-outdoor full size hammock stand with a capacity of 400 pounds. Packed size is approx 20” x 4” x 4” and weighs 11 pounds. The stand comes with poles, one anchor, one guyline, one ridgeline, one baseline, 4 connector lines/toggles, and a storage bag. It will accommodate any gathered end hammock on the market. We have used it with several different tarps without modifications or accessories.

It is currently constructed of aircraft grade aluminum tubing in a telescoping design. Construction is performed in a small home shop and therefore quantities are limited. The stand has completed a Beta testing program with a variety of different hammockers (small to large, light to heavy) without significant problems, and has been improved from the original design as a result. We are still sourcing small items (bags, toggles, etc) and these may change as we get better sourcing.

Introductory price is $300 shipped in the USA. Extra shipping if outside of the USA. We are asking a conditionally-refundable $10 payable via PayPal to [email protected] to hold your place in line. Once in line, we will give you an estimated delivery date. You will have 7 days to decline that date and receive a full refund of your deposit. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date we will give you a new one, with the same 7 day right of refusal. If there is any substantial change in the stand and/or the price you will again have the 7 day right of refusal.

When we are ready to ship we will ask for the remaining payment ($290), you will have 7 days to send it to us via PayPal or we will go to the next in line. We expect to ship the first batch on or before April 15, 2018.T4 in use.jpgT4 with tarp.jpgT4 with tarp2.jpgT4 with tarp2.jpgT4 with tarp3.jpg
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Nice!! Will there be color options?
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    Nice!! Will there be color options?
    There are no color options at present. The stands are in a natural aluminum brushed/waxed finish. Amsteel cordage is orange and black. Anodizing is the only durable functional finish that would allow colors, but the cost of anodizing 28-segment tube assemblies is prohibitive. We are working on sourcing that may change this in future.

Open question: would you pay more for a silver anodized finish than raw/brushed? For black? For jewel colors? If so, how much? All possible but not cheap!

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    The burning question is why buy this instead of a tato stand if I am a car camper. I get why motor bikers would be interested, but as a car camper, I favor the design and utility of the Tato Hammock stand.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    The burning question is why buy this instead of a tato stand?
    Less than half the weight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Who is going to backpack an 11 lb hammock stand? This may be good for motor bikers and canoe/kayak campers though, but canoe campers usually have trees, so......

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    The burning question is why buy this instead of a tato stand if I am a car camper. I get why motor bikers would be interested, but as a car camper, I favor the design and utility of the Tato Hammock stand.
    Well, if weight is no option, the old Hammeck stand was significantly more stable and quicker to set up than the Tato stand.

Why does it have be backpackers? Isn't a lighter stand kinda nice, too, even if Tyroler ain't diggin' it?

Heck, I've been on countless scout trips where we gotta hike into a camp site from our cars anywhere from several hundred feet to almost a mile. I L-O-V-E both my Hammeck stand and my Tato stand, but I'll tell you, with my gear all loaded up on my back, some of my young children's gear, and a stand, the weight difference is helpful. Even the Tato stand gets to be a drag after a while. An 11 lb stand is pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 182 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast