Page 178 of 182 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1817
    ChinoUSMC:
    Did you ever get the cammo sleeves for your poles? I like the idea. The aluminum is beautiful but stands out like a sore thumb when camping in stealth mode.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by MimaPoppy View Post
    ChinoUSMC:
    Did you ever get the cammo sleeves for your poles? I like the idea. The aluminum is beautiful but stands out like a sore thumb when camping in stealth mode.
    I couldn’t find a post from ChinoUSMC to read what your post is in response to, MimaPoppy, but thought I’d post a picture for you of the camo-sleeves I’ve been using with my Tensa the past year or so…

Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    I couldn’t find a post from ChinoUSMC to read what your post is in response to, MimaPoppy, but thought I’d post a picture for you of the camo-sleeves I’ve been using with my Tensa the past year or so…

That looks great! Did you make them a little loose?
    What material did you use?
    Do you leave them on when you collapse the poles so they are easily installed?

is there elastic at the ends?
    details,details…please!

Quote Originally Posted by ChinoUSMC View Post

I used the Tensa 4 stand at HangCon ‘21. Absolutely loved it. It rained for a day and it kept me completely dry. The way the tarp poles are set up, the 12’ WD tarp completely covered the whole setup.

MAN oh man, I freakin love it!

I’m in talks with Dutch’s crew to see if they can make pole sleeves (like snake skins). I wanted a complete camo setup and painting them is not an option. Camo sleeves would cover up the bottom shiny poles and I would have a total camo setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this is the post I was referring to.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    That looks great! Did you make them a little loose?
    What material did you use?
    Do you leave them on when you collapse the poles so they are easily installed?

is there elastic at the ends?
    details,details…please!
    I just used some remnant material I had on hand—Hexon 1.6, I believe. Making snake skins was super quick and simple. I don’t have any elastic in them, but did thread cord through a channel on each end. Once I’ve slid the skin onto the pole, I just use the cord to gather the ends tighter and tie the skins from each of the two meeting poles together in a bow at the top so they don’t slide down.

I guess I could slide the skins down and leave them on the wider pole section after telescoping them down, but I always just slide them off and throw them in the little bag where I keep my anchor cords and toggle cords. Putting them back on is quick and easy. They are loose enough that they slide on effortlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    I just used some remnant material I had on hand—Hexon 1.6, I believe. Making snake skins was super quick and simple. I don’t have any elastic in them, but did thread cord through a channel on each end. Once I’ve slid the skin onto the pole, I just use the cord to gather the ends tighter and tie the skins from each of the two meeting poles together in a bow at the top so they don’t slide down.

That sounds simple enough. The more I think about it the more uses the idea has. Like keeping sand, water, dirt & leaves off of everything. The other thought I had when thinking of making them was if they would catch on the telescoping connections. Sometime the edges are a little rough, I wondered if the material would snag. Great idea and great pic! Thank you for sharing it. Its nice to be able to see how it turned out. Can’t wait to try it!

I guess I could slide the skins down and leave them on the wider pole section after telescoping them down, but I always just slide them off and throw them in the little bag where I keep my anchor cords and toggle cords. Putting them back on is quick and easy. They are loose enough that they slide on effortlessly.
    That sounds simple enough. The more I think about it, the more uses the idea has. Like keeping sand, water, dirt & leaves off of everything. The other thought I had when thinking of making them was if they would catch on the telescoping connections. Sometime the edges are a little rough, I wondered if the material would snag. Great idea and great pic! Thank you for sharing it. Its nice to be able to see how it turned out. Can’t wait to try it!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    That sounds simple enough. The more I think about it, the more uses the idea has. Like keeping sand, water, dirt & leaves off of everything. The other thought I had when thinking of making them was if they would catch on the telescoping connections. Sometime the edges are a little rough, I wondered if the material would snag. Great idea and great pic! Thank you for sharing it. Its nice to be able to see how it turned out. Can’t wait to try it!

The sleeves have never snagged on the telescoping connections. That’s probably one advantage to making them fit fairly loosely.

Hammock
    Multiple
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

ChinoUSMC:
    Sorry for the late reply. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on Hammock Forum.

I’ve asked Dutch and unfortunately, his business has ramped up and could not do it at this time.

I got in touch with Chris “TwoSpeedHammocks.” I met TwoSpeedHammocks at HangCon a couple of years ago. We’re going back and forth with the design and right now, we’re on Revision #3. It’s looking really good. I’ve ordered 4 sleeves and will test them as soon as I get back from vacation. If everything works out, he may add this to his Etsy product page.

Pic below is just a sample of MARPAT ripstop he created. Tension w/ cord lock on the bottom end, and tension cord with a plastic hook on the top end (to prevent the sleeve from sliding down).

Nice thing about this setup (RipStop) is it will keep most of the elements out of the joints (rain, sand, snow, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

Thanks for all your help you guys! All these great ideas and info will help me and others that follow and read this.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinoUSMC View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on Hammock Forum.

I’ve asked Dutch and unfortunately, his business has ramped up and could not do it at this time.

I got in touch with Chris “TwoSpeedHammocks.” I met TwoSpeedHammocks at HangCon a couple of years ago. We’re going back and forth with the design and right now, we’re on Revision #3. It’s looking really good. I’ve ordered 4 sleeves and will test them as soon as I get back from vacation. If everything works out, he may add this to his Etsy product page.

Pic below is just a sample of MARPAT ripstop he created. Tension w/ cord lock on the bottom end, and tension cord with a plastic hook on the top end (to prevent the sleeve from sliding down).

Nice thing about this setup (RipStop) is it will keep most of the elements out of the joints (rain, sand, snow, etc.).
    That's really not a bad idea. I have used my stand out in the desert a few times, and the dirt/sand infiltration hasn't been too bad, but less would certainly be better. Hmmmmmmm..............

• + New Posts
  • Page 178 of 182 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast