Page 159 of 182 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1817
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Like Tensa Solo? Those poles are much shorter (for strength) and need 2 guylines each to strong ground anchors.

A single full-length pole like these at a steep lean would also need 2 anchors for stability, and the hammock might tend to bump it, and the weight rating would go way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So Tensa4 does not really work as four Tensa Solos, then?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammichael View Post
    So Tensa4 does not really work as four Tensa Solos, then?
    Not as is. But Tensa4 can be CONVERTED to 4 Tensa Solos with conversion kits, or even 8 with the addition of 4 extra #1 tubing segments.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Not as is. But Tensa4 can be CONVERTED to 4 Tensa Solos with conversion kits, or even 8 with the addition of 4 extra #1 tubing segments.
    Gotcha, thanks!

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Yes. See Feet in Parts section. We have very low stock and will likely run out before resupply, hence high prices.

Happy to report that long-term test of the new feet’s weather/UV resilience shows them to be impervious.

Ok thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    We've put up a new blog post: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/one-tree-two-hammocks/ . Content may be familiar to our regular followers, but we wrapped it up for ease of reference to new site visitors.

Ever since we moved the blog from the front page of our site to a sub-page, page views have plummeted, so I'm publicizing "manually" to see where traffic comes from.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Images
    Yes. See Feet in Parts section. We have very low stock and will likely run out before resupply, hence high prices.

Happy to report that long-term test of the new feet’s weather/UV resilience shows them to be impervious.

Were there longevity issues with the previous feet? Asking for a friend.

My stand has these, which show no signs of abnormal wear and tear so far. Just curious.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensa Outdoor and the commercial packable tensahedron stand

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Were there longevity issues with the previous feet? Asking for a friend.

My stand has these, which show no signs of abnormal wear and tear so far. Just curious.
    Used long term on hard surfaces, such as full-time indoor hangs, the 4 feet on the floor had a tendency to tear after a number of months, yes. You could then borrow the 4 in the air as replacements, but it wasn't ideal. Meanwhile the rubber compound would also tend to leave black marks on floors and walls/ceilings. Also the originals have no lock-on mechanism, so occasionally when the guyline was at a very shallow angle and merely looped over a foot (as in your photo), it would pull off leading to a spill. The new feet are a more snug fit. We've dropped the price of original replacements to near cost.

The new feet solve these problems. We didn't order enough and the MOQ is high, so the price reflects. Next production we'll order plenty extra and drop the price.
    Last edited by Latherdome; 09-23-2020 at 17:29.
    --

Images
    Used long term on hard surfaces, such as full-time indoor hangs, the 4 feet on the floor had a tendency to tear after a number of months, yes. Meanwhile the rubber compound would also tend to leave black marks on floors and walls/ceilings. You could then borrow the 4 in the air as replacements, but it wasn't ideal. Also the originals have no lock-on mechanism, so occasionally when the guyline was at a very shallow angle and merely looped over a foot (as in your photo), it would pull off leading to a spill. The new feet are a more snug fit. We've dropped the price of original replacements to near cost.

The new feet solve these problems. We didn't order enough and the MOQ is high, so the price reflects. Next production we'll order plenty extra and drop the price.
    Cool cool. Thanks for the explanation.
    Mine is set up full time on concrete, but not used daily. The feet on the floor still look good after ~2 years of intermittent use.

I've thought at times about ordering a backup Amsteel ridgeline and baseline, though I could simply splice my own, reusing the planaria, if I ever actually need to replace a line. Some extra feet might be a good idea to complete my 'service kit.'

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie XL
    Suspension
    Becket Straps
    120079609_10158503309855690_8481062330907455970_o.jpg119936859_10158503309830690_2378356365336174856_o.jpg

I've used my Tensa4 as a stand and as a solo and both times it worked really well Still need to dial it in better but I am learning.

Really awesome product though, saves me the risk when I backpack with friends, they often go to areas where tents can go but isn't a lot of good options for me.

I just bought the Tensa Solo... I hope it works with a Dutchware 12' netless and a Dutchware 12' extra wide hex tarp. Would anyone happen to know if they are compatible?

• + New Posts
  • Page 159 of 182 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast