Hammock
    hex 1.6 chameleon
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg incubator 20
    Suspension
    dutch cinch buckle
    first-time setting it up was a success, this thing rocks!

can't wait to try it on the beach

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by tamedog View Post

Just make sure you bring a sand/snow anchor. The orange screw wasn't enough to hold in the sand for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    hex 1.6 chameleon
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg incubator 20
    Suspension
    dutch cinch buckle
    good call! I was worried about that, so I'm bringing along a shovel and I've got some wood in the truck.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    good call! I was worried about that, so I'm bringing along a shovel and I've got some wood in the truck.

Yeh, that's the key right there. Make sure the line is out there away from vertical and you have a right good solid anchor point!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

If it works, great, but looks like more tilt than necessary. Also the suspension is let out only on the foot side. I’m surprised if you have good head clearance. Less tilt and more equal suspension may work better, and will put much less stress on the foot side anchor, useful for beach sand. But that will also put you closer to the tipping point, so good to tether the head end loosely as insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    hex 1.6 chameleon
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg incubator 20
    Suspension
    dutch cinch buckle
    thanks @Latherdome I appreciate the tips! I did mess around and tweak it a little bit after taking that picture. I'm excited to spend more time with it and I'll definitely use your advice next time I set it up.

I'm really glad I went with the tensa4, it's not as intimidating as I thought it would be.

Config Question

Question background:
    11' gathered end w/CL's, 11' superfly w/T4 UCR & tarp ext.

Here's where I'm at. I "think" I've got everything pretty well dialed in up top. About 10"s of CL each end directly to the T4. 30* hang and integrated RL on the hammock. Superfly loops directly to the tarp ext.'s with a pretty good outward pole pitch. Overhang each side is probably 10"~ish.

Baseline currently at the recommended 6'.

My issue... while not "uncomfortable" while sitting in the hammock, it's slightly high and I haven't quite figured out an easy way to get my panel pull out poles on my superfly because it's a "really" good stretch getting up to the tarp ridge. I've thought about installing the poles before raising the tarp, but haven't tried it yet and not too hot on the idea of "grounding" my tarp to install them first. Trying to avoid having to use panel pull guylines, but might have no choice in the T4 config... or... might consider going to end/center poles. The tarp poles are all the way down... although... I guess I "could" add an extension to the vertical pole harness line.

I could be wrong, but what I'm thinking is that I have 2 options(?).

1. The simplest seems to just widen the baseline and drop everything a few inches. The concern being... how wide is advisable? I'm no engineer, but my thinking is that the 6' baseline figure was not arbitary and the wider the base is the more stress on the pole connector loops and shear force on the poles themselves. At what point though does the base width impact the overall structure? What's my "window"... I guess. As it stands (hehe... pun unintentional, but gave myself a chuckle at least) the poles don't interfere with my lay so no "pro" in that corner.

2. Add an extention to my CL's to widen/drop the pole tips. There's Plenty of room for more upright vertical adjustment in the tarp ext's, so that's a non issue.

I guess the last questions I would have is... which setup is likely to be the most versatile in real world use? Those with experience often finding you're wishing for more length or width for setup?

Thoughts and insights appreciated.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Question background:
    11' gathered end w/CL's, 11' superfly w/T4 UCR & tarp ext.

Here's where I'm at. I "think" I've got everything pretty well dialed in up top. About 10"s of CL each end directly to the T4. 30* hang and integrated RL on the hammock. Superfly loops directly to the tarp ext.'s with a pretty good outward pole pitch. Overhang each side is probably 10"~ish.

Baseline currently at the recommended 6'.

My issue... while not "uncomfortable" while sitting in the hammock, it's slightly high and I haven't quite figured out an easy way to get my panel pull out poles on my superfly because it's a "really" good stretch getting up to the tarp ridge. I've thought about installing the poles before raising the tarp, but haven't tried it yet and not too hot on the idea of "grounding" my tarp to install them first. Trying to avoid having to use panel pull guylines, but might have no choice in the T4 config... or... might consider going to end/center poles. The tarp poles are all the way down... although... I guess I "could" add an extension to the vertical pole harness line.

I could be wrong, but what I'm thinking is that I have 2 options(?).

1. The simplest seems to just widen the baseline and drop everything a few inches. The concern being... how wide is advisable? I'm no engineer, but my thinking is that the 6' baseline figure was not arbitary and the wider the base is the more stress on the pole connector loops and shear force on the poles themselves. At what point though does the base width impact the overall structure? What's my "window"... I guess. As it stands (hehe... pun unintentional, but gave myself a chuckle at least) the poles don't interfere with my lay so no "pro" in that corner.

2. Add an extention to my CL's to widen/drop the pole tips. There's Plenty of room for more upright vertical adjustment in the tarp ext's, so that's a non issue.

I guess the last questions I would have is... which setup is likely to be the most versatile in real world use? Those with experience often finding you're wishing for more length or width for setup?

Thoughts and insights appreciated.
    I can't really answer a lot of your questions but what we did for tweakage factor is I converted our Warbonnet rigs to CL's and then made I think 18" straps with loops on one end and Dutch Beetle Buckles on them to hook the hammock. Gives us some tweaking room is all.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I would say go with #2 (I'll be here all night, tip your server), and a setup like CurlyMaple describes would work well. I think that would give you the additional adjustability you need, and would probably just dial things in.

I keep my full beetle buckle straps on my hammock all the time, and just adjust them accordingly when I'm using the T4 stand.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    I would say go with #2 (I'll be here all night, tip your server), and a setup like CurlyMaple describes would work well. I think that would give you the additional adjustability you need, and would probably just dial things in.

I keep my full beetle buckle straps on my hammock all the time, and just adjust them accordingly when I'm using the T4 stand.
    We started out like that but on our trip out west we only were using the Tensa stands and could just use the Tensa straps in an emergency quite easily. Actually, when we stayed in Fall River, WA my wife and daughter did just that as there were a couple tree pairs in our site.

• + New Posts
  • Page 136 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast