WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Over the years I ordered many thing from the States and have always just ordered it and then forgot about it. It always arrived eventually and I didn’t feel any impatience. Never had any problems, just some things took longer than others for whatever reason. Just avoid UPS or other delivery companies that charge brokerage fees. Usually USPS/Canada Post has been good for me in the past. Having said that, it has been a few years since I’ve ordered anything from the States.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    While I am naturally impatient to receive new gear and I Get frustrated, I want to express my appreciation to US sellers willing to ship and send us stuff up here. Please don't stop...Montreal is our problem... it always has been.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Ive ordered many times in the last 3 years from cottage vendors, typically my shipments are in customs for 1-2 days of the tracking process.

When it comes to Duties I don't know how it works, I too thought made in USA products would be duty free but Ive been dinged several times (I'm in Montreal)

2 orders from DD hammocks (UK), paid duty on 1 order
    3 orders form UGQ, never paid duty
    4 orders from Warbonnet, paid duty every single time
    2 orders from Dutchwaregear, never paid duty

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I personally don't have to deal with customs but sounds like you need to make friends with someone who lives in the States and likes to camp in Canada.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Even if they open it up though there shouldn't be any issues should there? It's just a hammock?
    the problem is that sometimes they open boxes with box cutters.............and the box cutter finds the hammock/tarp

Hammock
    Chameleon, LSOH Warrior
    Tarp
    Asym Cuben
    Insulation
    Quilt
    Suspension
    Playing with it
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Has anyone from Canada had any issues ordering from the US? I ordered my Dream Hammock and have been tracking the delivery and it's saying the package is "Being Held In Customs" in Montreal. It's been there since the 16th of December. I'm hoping that this is standard and that it is merely delayed because of the fact that it's super busy this time of year.... Does anyone have any experience with customs when ordering from the US?
    The 16th was Saturday, the good news is that it's in Montreal It would have entered Canada in Toronto (Customs) then sent to Montreal (Customs check) and Major sorting facilty! I'm guessing you will get by Friday 22nd...fingers crossed!

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Was it shipped by USPS ?
    The courier Co's are insane with their brokerage fees
    With Canada post it is usually through customs in no time...but it is crazy time.
    There should never be a 'Duty' on goods from the USA but Canada post will ding you 9.95 for their brokerage/processing fee and the Gov will ding you PST GST or HST on the Canadian dollar value of the goods.
    Sometimes I get lucky and things skip right past customs processing usually more so when they take a overseas trip hahahaaha or come from overseas.
    I'm waiting for a package from Japan sent registered mail...I think it ended up in a big ignore bin in Van

Anything under 20$ gets a free pass...wish it was 800USD the Americans get when things go the other way errrrrr..
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Ya it was shipped via USPS. I've been burned in the past as well having stuff shipped via UPS and will never ship here with them again. USPS has always been good and no unexpected fees! This was going to be my Xmas present from my kids but it's all good, I fully expect it to arrive some time in January

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Every time I have something that goes through Montreal, it gets delayed and duty tagged to it. The irony is that I have big customs and Canada Post depot 5 minutes drive from where I live that doesn't give me any grief. I'd like to blame the delay on Christmas but I have had problems with routing through Montreal at any time of the year....it's a problem with that particular spot. The government needs to send some efficiency people in to fix it.
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Good news! Status has been updated and it's saying "Processed Through Facility. Currently in transit to destination" Ultrarunner you might actually be right here !

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast