Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by motech View Post
    I received an email when they shipped out along wjth tracking.

And they arrived today! Def a bit rough around the edges but I’m excited to use them.
    Yea the 3D printing is a bit rough but this is one of the best hammock add-ons I've ever purchased outside my top and bottom quilts.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Yea the 3D printing is a bit rough but this is one of the best hammock add-ons I've ever purchased outside my top and bottom quilts.
    I have yet to order one of these. But I am close to not being able to wait much longer as I keep reading awesome reviews. Anyone have any idea when they might be produced on a higher level and not roughly 3-d printed (which I am sure is just fine functionally)?

Seems popular enough to take the fit and finish up a notch and maybe even have them on some of the cottage vendor's sites for distribution.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair 11'
    Tarp
    SLD WH/DW xenon
    Insulation
    SLD Climashield 6
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    I have yet to order one of these. But I am close to not being able to wait much longer as I keep reading awesome reviews. Anyone have any idea when they might be produced on a higher level and not roughly 3-d printed (which I am sure is just fine functionally)?

Seems popular enough to take the fit and finish up a notch and maybe even have them on some of the cottage vendor's sites for distribution.
    The creator recently posted a picture of the injection mold after machining. I believe he hopes to mass produce by fall.

If you have facebook search Ridgeline Media Systems for info and updates.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Introducing Ridgeline Media Systems HangTime Hook:

Here's a little tip for you guys. I ordered the small size. Then my new Sparrow came in, which has a larger 7/64” amsteel ridgeline, like all DreamHammocks do. I decided to try and make it work instead of buying another in large. It turns out, it wasn't too difficult. I thought I would need to enlarge all the slots and holes. I started by reaming out the holes with a 9/64” drill bit, and found that it was pretty much already that size. If it removed any material, it wasn't really necessary in retrospect. Then I took a metal file that was probably around 1/8” thicker than the slanted gap at the top and carefully filed it to match the size of the file. Cleaned it up with a razor and sandpaper and was about to do the same to the long horizontal gaps on the underside. Then I thought, this is going to be much trickier, let me try and make it work as it is right now. I made sure all the corners were sanded again since it would be a tight fit. I tugged on it a little more than usual when installing it and sure enough, the braided construction of the amsteel allowed it to flatten out enough to snap right in and it works like a charm! I even prefer the tighter fit. It’s not so tight that it concerns me if it will abrade the line or anything. It's simply a more proper fit than when installed on zing it in my opinion. End result = happy camper!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Here's a little tip for you guys. I ordered the small size. Then my new Sparrow came in, which has a larger 7/64” amsteel ridgeline, like all DreamHammocks do. I decided to try and make it work instead of buying another in large. It turns out, it wasn't too difficult. I thought I would need to enlarge all the slots and holes. I started by reaming out the holes with a 9/64” drill bit, and found that it was pretty much already that size. If it removed any material, it wasn't really necessary in retrospect. Then I took a metal file that was probably around 1/8” thicker than the slanted gap at the top and carefully filed it to match the size of the file. Cleaned it up with a razor and sandpaper and was about to do the same to the long horizontal gaps on the underside. Then I thought, this is going to be much trickier, let me try and make it work as it is right now. I made sure all the corners were sanded again since it would be a tight fit. I tugged on it a little more than usual when installing it and sure enough, the braided construction of the amsteel allowed it to flatten out enough to snap right in and it works like a charm! I even prefer the tighter fit. It’s not so tight that it concerns me if it will abrade the line or anything. It's simply a more proper fit than when installed on zing it in my opinion. End result = happy camper!
    Well done!! Since the cord lock ready version, I'm only making them in the 5 mm size. The cord lock on the ridgeline should keep the HangTime Hook secure on any cord 5 mm and smaller! To happy camping!
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 05-03-2018 at 16:59.

Images
    image (1).jpgimage.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpg20180503_121620.jpg20180503_121639.jpg

So, getting closer to Injection Molding production. The tooling is made, the first and second shots including color samples are being examined. A few tweaks and first article will be checked for perfection and then off to the races! I should have them ready for retail sales by end of Summer. You can still get a 3D printed cord lock ready one out of the few remaining. We will offer 3 colors in one size and hope to include the cord lock and clamp. Hoping to offer conventional or magnetic clamps as an option. Still designing packaging and illustrations. Now to get orders from retailers and find retailers abroad. Provisional patent upgraded to non provisional utility patent filed 4/20 and back dated to filing of provisional. Fingers crossed! Thanks for all of the support, feedback, advice from those on HF, youtubers, Dutch, Shug, Derek, Justin O, Gresh, Snaggletooth, Flash Gunderlore, and all the industry consulting, networking, and legwork from rais'n hammock!

-Eric J
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 05-03-2018 at 17:06.

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair 11'
    Tarp
    SLD WH/DW xenon
    Insulation
    SLD Climashield 6
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hook View Post
    image (1).jpgimage.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpg20180503_121620.jpg20180503_121639.jpg

So, getting closer to Injection Molding production. The tooling is made, the first and second shots including color samples are being examined. A few tweaks and first article will be checked for perfection and then off to the races! I should have them ready for retail sales by end of Summer. You can still get a 3D printed cord lock ready one out of the few remaining. We will offer 3 colors in one size and hope to include the cord lock and clamp. Hoping to offer conventional or magnetic clamps as an option. Still designing packaging and illustrations. Now to get orders from retailers and find retailers abroad. Provisional patent upgraded to non provisional utility patent filed 4/20 and back dated to filing of provisional. Fingers crossed! Thanks for all of the support, feedback, advice from those on HF, youtubers, Dutch, Shug, Derek, Justin O, Gresh, Snaggletooth, Flash Gunderlore, and all the industry consulting, networking, and legwork from rais'n hammock!

-Eric J
    Oh man these injection-molded ones are pretty!! I really like my 3D printed one, but having something that was more durable and smooth finished would be awesome, will these be fairly sturdy?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    Sorry if this question is covered already, but will the injection molded pieces be more or less expensive than the 3d printed ones?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    Sorry if this question is covered already, but will the injection molded pieces be more or less expensive than the 3d printed ones?
    MSRP is twenty dollars for the superior product, which will include cord lock, hopefully have an option for conventional or magnetic interface, packaging with illustrations and instructions. That's five dollars more than the 3D printed versions. The finish will be smooth and the construction will be more dense and more durable, while remaining lightweight. Among the limits to 3D printing is layer adhesion, it is more prone to fail along a grain that the injection molded products won't have. The injection molded versions also more consistent than their 3D counterparts. Ambient temperatures and humidity can affect individual batches during 3D printing, and printing is crazy time consuming. Of course I stand behind the 3D printed hooks, and everyone has been very patient with the beta versions. What is nice, at least for those outside the US, is that I hope to find retailers abroad so shipping won't be cost prohibitive. So, the prices will improve at least regarding shipping for some, and as compared to the current product, the injection molded version will be easier to find at awesome retailers, come with instructions so you know all it does, it will also come with relevant accessories and options.

The three colors (black will be more black for production) against a Sintax77 Cheeseburger Time T-shirt! 20180503_184200.jpg
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 05-03-2018 at 18:58.

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    These look great! Can't wait 'til they're available.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast