Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    I don't have my HTH yet--how close is the ball to RAM Mount dimensions? I have a bunch of RAM hardware. If they match up, it would enable you to connect a whole host of new things, and at any angle you could fathom.

EDIT: I should mention that, as the sort of thing that's built robustly to secure electronics to motorcycle handlebars and auto seat brackets, RAM hardware is anything but ultralight.
    The HTH ball end is 17mm standard. There are lots of things available on Amazon to fit as well. Pretty sure there are at least two sizes of Ram ball mounts, one is 25.4 mm or 1 inch. I'd love to see what does fit! I have found 17 mm attachments for magnetic interfaces, 1/4 20T point and shoot camera mounts, action camera mounts, GPS mounts, while the spring clamp mount is pretty universal for holding and aiming flashlights, action cameras, bluetooth speakers, and as roach clips (not pictured)! The action camera attachment allows for installing and articulating knuckles and would be an excellent inexpensive off the shelf option for installing on 90 degree hammocks!

17360586_273830006398892_1287331603_n.png26234310_1883813971860024_1096158171_n.jpg71g9qTh8K2L._SL1303_.jpg$T2eC16ZHJF0E9nmFSt4+BQJBp8hPe!--60_57 - Copy.jpg28379187_970494653101170_1322582704493118625_n.jpg20708396_873564289460874_3599422381961780357_n.jpg 21752498_10210555197577207_5896967456279812336_o.jpg
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 07-25-2018 at 22:36.

I just received my hook and I noticed it did not come with a cord lock and I thought I read that it did.

Can you let me know what size I need to get and maybe where I can get one?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I just received my hook and I noticed it did not come with a cord lock and I thought I read that it did.

Can you let me know what size I need to get and maybe where I can get one?
    The one I got from Dutch came with one. Did you get yours from Warbonnet? Perhaps they don’t include one?

Some feedback for Mr. Hook: I miss the tighter fit on the ridgeline that the old one had. On the last one, it was pretty much the perfect fit for 7/64” amsteel. Arguably, a bit too snug, but I liked it. This one is pretty loose in comparison on the same 7/64” cordage. I also wish the cord lock snapped into place to help keep it on. I might play with adding some shrink wrap to improve the fit.

Yes, I got it from Warbonnet because it was on sale.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Yes, I got it from Warbonnet because it was on sale.
    Ya same here. Slight disappointment it wasn't included but I'm finding that it's not really needed as it's easier to slide it around than having to deal with a lock.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    Ya same here. Slight disappointment it wasn't included but I'm finding that it's not really needed as it's easier to slide it around than having to deal with a lock.
    A little loop of shock-cord on your ridgeline will keep it in place too. Just slide the shock-cord loop up and down ridgline and Hangtime rests right on it.
    Just prussik the shock-cord on.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Hey guys, Warbonnet got a large order and we were anticipating the potential of bundling with hammocks down the line. The cord lock would not necessarily slide over the buried ends of his ridgelines and should one break once installed then getting a new one installed wouldn't fly. So they were omitted. A cord lock is pennies at the local sewing or hardware store and easy to source. I'm working on rectifying this. The ideal solution is an open sided cord lock that I'm having great difficulty finding let alone sourcing. This would allow using a cord lock on ready made amsteel ridgelines or those that are difficult to disassemble like on some Hennessy Hammocks. Sending everyone cord locks means I'll have to source conventional ones and it is going to kill me in postage... I'm trying! Prusik knotting a hunk of shock cord, or larkshead knotting a hair tie and looping that over the upper wire management tie down of the HTH should do the trick in the meantime! Not purchasing from one because the other has a 10 cent cord lock that may not work on your particular ridgeline shouldn't dictate your choice! If you're ordering stuff from one of these guys, get the hook there, a cord lock isn't worth transactions and shipping from two places! Just sayin!

I have found alligator clips that retain headphone cables and attach them to your clothing, but I'm seeking the open sided cord lock portion. Can't find a source or manufacturer!
    210gzA0wICL.jpgPLTclothingclip_grande.jpgheadsetcableclip.jpg

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hook View Post
    The cord lock would not necessarily slide over the buried ends of his ridgelines...
    It takes ten minutes to unravel the CL, pull out the ridgeline, untie the knot and install something. Not insurmountable.

The ideal solution is an open sided cord lock that I'm having great difficulty finding let alone sourcing.
    Never heard of such a thing. But now I'm interested...!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    It takes ten minutes to unravel the CL, pull out the ridgeline, untie the knot and install something. Not insurmountable.

Never heard of such a thing. But now I'm interested...!
    I have spliced amsteel, and I believe it may be disassembled, perhaps easily by those that are familiar. However I will not advocate disassembling products and potentially voiding warranties especially by those that are inexperienced as it would be irresponsible. These are literally 10 cent parts found everywhere. I've reached out to the factory to see if they can't be sourced or made. Thank you for bearing with me!

bose_a20_clip.jpg

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    I have spliced amsteel, and I believe it may be disassembled, perhaps easily by those that are familiar. However I will not advocate disassembling products and potentially voiding warranties especially by those that are inexperienced as it would be irresponsible.
    That's valid! My XLC's ridgeline is knotted, not spliced. I changed the CLs and added a ridgeline organizer, so I had the ridgeline out briefly. I guess it's possible I've voided my warranty, but I don't expect to need it, anyway.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast