Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE
    So looking forward to getting one (actually two)!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Great idea
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Not something I would use, but I love seeing innovation in action. Very cool.
    Thank you! It's certainly not for everyone. Ultralight guys will be happier without it, and for those whose phones are work -leaving the phone home is a must! You don't have to drown out falling rain on a mid day shower with a video until it passes, but it's nice to distract scrappy kids so you can ready chow (you could leave them home too)!
    Now, when you are home and you have to take calls, or you happen to be sorting emails, scrolling social media, or maybe watching Netflix -why not in the open air under the stars in your favorite hammock? Thank you for your kind words weather you use it or not. Hang your own hang!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 double
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchwaregear flyz
    Got two for a friend who is a techno/gadget guy. He's going to love this! Thanks for making Christmas shopping easy!
    JC

Images
    I do have a solution drawn up for a hook that does not require a ridgeline... However, in my REI Co-Op Quarter Dome Air and the current Warbonnet RidgeRunner feature interior loops that may receive faux ridgelines. I used a section of Lash it that I toggled at both ends to use inside the bug net, or outside the bug net with my QDA. Brian Atterberry sewed buttons in his WBRR to attach a length of Lash it with loops spliced into each end!

I will eventually produce a version that will work in tents, tarps, and bug nets without ridgelines, but for now there is a simple solution! 22117727_10212035893884144_1097198496_o.jpg22119610_10212035894004147_1723275681_o.jpg6.jpg8.jpg9.jpg11.jpg13.jpg

Will it also hang from single line overhead if I don't have a ridgeline? Just wondering about balance. I have a sky chair and it has a dowel for a ridge line si I can hang a drop form that, but it isn't a ridge line.

Dreaming of camping or aquaponics and the pond.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weylan View Post
    Will it also hang from single line overhead if I don't have a ridgeline? Just wondering about balance. I have a sky chair and it has a dowel for a ridge line si I can hang a drop form that, but it isn't a ridge line.

Dreaming of camping or aquaponics and the pond.
    I found a hose clamp and 10-24 wing nut with a nylon anti slip insert. If I pick up a 3" long 10-24 pan head bolt, I could poke a hole in the clamp, pass the bolt through, and nut it in place. Then you could install the clamp on your dowel safely, slide the barrel of the HTH onto the bolt, and lock it in place with the wing nut. The size HTH that will fit a 10-24 bolt is the large which also fits amsteel and can be used on smaller cords too.

When you order one, remind me and I'll put it together for you for an extra $5 for the parts. When you want to use it in a hammock, just undo the wing nut and remove the HTH. The best way to keep from losing the wingnut or being poked by the bolt is to keep the wing nut in place with or without the HTH mounted. I'd like to see a photo when you get it set up and your thoughts. Oh, let me know what the diameter of the dowel is so I can use the appropriate sized hose clamp.

Do not drill a hole in that dowel/spreader bar.

there are also straps with rubber coating used for bicycle racks, some straps with rubber coating sold for electrical conduit, and there are some nice clamps used for hanging copper pipes for plumbing applications that receive threaded rods... so you have options.
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 12-15-2017 at 01:49.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I hate Facebook for looking at something I'm interested in purchasing. I guess I'm dumb but I just can't comprehend the layout or make sense of it. What are the chances you'll get a simple website soon (there are free platforms like Wordpress, etc.) with a nice neat product description and some tutorial-like videos showcasing ways to use your product?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    I hate Facebook for looking at something I'm interested in purchasing. I guess I'm dumb but I just can't comprehend the layout or make sense of it. What are the chances you'll get a simple website soon (there are free platforms like Wordpress, etc.) with a nice neat product description and some tutorial-like videos showcasing ways to use your product?
    I guess pretty soon... for now, the post pinned to the top of the page has all the information you need if you're interested. Thank you for suggesting instructional videos as well!
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 12-15-2017 at 08:00.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Now if we could come up with a Warbonnet Ridgerunner solution when it clipped to the side once you are laying in the hammock. Any ideas that do not require a ridge line?
    You could stick a hiking pole in the ground next to you and hook it on that somehow. Or set it on a stool.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast