Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Ahhh, you worry too much! I went ahead and incorporated Comet_Seeker’s advice just to be safe. So now I have a rectangle plate on the outside of the case and ALSO a circle plate on the inside. That should be plenty strong enough now!
    Belt and suspenders (or... is this belt, and belt?) would make me feel a little better about it.

I want to try this magnet mount for my phone, but I worry it's not compatible with my Magpul Bump case.

Images
    I toss and turn, so I take a tablet off the mag mount when sleeping. Another trick is to slide the hook to the foot end so it is less likely to get bumped, particularly if you're also hanging your hat or headlamp from it. I'm less worried about my phone dropping. I install the metal plate on the inside of the case not just because of a rough surface, but in high temperatures I don't trust the adhesive! I have also observed over months of use I have to peel back the rubber coating and tighten the screw inside because it can spin. best to pull the screw and use thread lock or linseed oil. The mag mount is convenient because you can pluck the phone from its perch, fiddle, and pop it back on with one hand. This makes it very easy to pull it, hang your hat or headlamp and replace the phone on the mount. The magnetic interface is a good deal more compact, I imagine the weight difference is nominal but I'll have to check that. The spring clamp is more universal, but action cameras, mini flash lights and some other stuff just sticks to it! A word of caution, refrain from putting this thing in the same pocket as your credit cards, ID cards, hotel card keys, or your 8 track / cassette tape collections!

My favorite fan is the little fans that mount to the phone usb charge port, though I would rather use them with a power bank! You can see it in Derek Hansen's Ultimate Hang Review on the HTH! I'm thinking of making little grosgrain straps with buttons sewn or riveted on that may be stitched or riveted onto RMS branded koozies for keeping closed containers handy and hopefully pendulum to level. I also need an adhesive button hook to connect power banks to the keyhole slot in the side. I'm working on another widget to function in 90 degree hammocks, as well as something for tent walls. A fellow ham radio guy was going to test the mag mount on his QRP rig... I'd like to know the results. If anyone needs the HTH to accommodate something they need, please let me know and I'll see if I can incorporate an accessory to handle that function.

Once my bills are paid I'll also commission vinyl decals. I may merchandize those on my site when I dump wordpress for square space and merchandize. Though, I will refrain from direct hook sales so that those that have thrown down on the product see a decent return without additional competition. Second or third run I'll try to set up an upgrade program for early adopters to get them deeply discounted + shipping and that will be direct. Even if you can't wait, and purchase from WB or DWG you can always use a spare or share with friends!

Huge thanks to those that support this product, from early adopters, to folks that purchase them from retailers, and especially the cottage industry retailers that create, innovate, and sustain hammock camping, Dutch, Brandon, Derek Hansen, Spiguyver Backpacking, Syntax 77, and Shug for the worthy mentions, reviews, and overall content that has helped me regarding winter camping and hammock camping! https://youtu.be/SLuyqN7am4c?t=468

20180722_080400.jpg20180720_172154.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 07-24-2018 at 23:31.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hook View Post
    If anyone needs the HTH to accommodate something they need, please let me know and I'll see if I can incorporate an accessory to handle that function.
    I wish there was a way to hang a phone or tablet at a right angle, perpendicular to the SRL so that I could use it when seated sideways in the hammock! I know some other products that use a ball and socket that have a portion of the back side of the threaded ring notched out to allow it to achieve a sharper angle if you line it up with the direction you want to turn it further. That’s one way to skin it.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle

Introducing Ridgeline Media Systems HangTime Hook:

Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    I wish there was a way to hang a phone or tablet at a right angle, perpendicular to the SRL so that I could use it when seated sideways in the hammock!
    I don't have my HTH yet--how close is the ball to RAM Mount dimensions? I have a bunch of RAM hardware. If they match up, it would enable you to connect a whole host of new things, and at any angle you could fathom.

EDIT: I should mention that, as the sort of thing that's built robustly to secure electronics to motorcycle handlebars and auto seat brackets, RAM hardware is anything but ultralight.
    Last edited by Snaps; 07-25-2018 at 04:48.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Just got my HH last night. Interesting piece of kit. I have read through most of this thread and may have missed it, but what are folks doing to stop the pendulum effect? My phone was swinging back and forth so bad I could barely watch anything on it. The slightest little movement would make it sway a lot. I tried a hair tie and it didn't work that well to be honest. Any thoughts? Am I missing something?
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Depends on the day
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WBSF, WLTP
    Insulation
    HG UQ / UDQ TQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hook View Post
    A word of caution, refrain from putting this thing in the same pocket as your credit cards, ID cards, hotel card keys, or your 8 track / cassette tape collections!
    Will my Laser Disc collection be ok though?

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    Just got my HH last night. Interesting piece of kit. I have read through most of this thread and may have missed it, but what are folks doing to stop the pendulum effect? My phone was swinging back and forth so bad I could barely watch anything on it. The slightest little movement would make it sway a lot. I tried a hair tie and it didn't work that well to be honest. Any thoughts? Am I missing something?
    The clip that came with it helps a bit. I guess I'm just used to the swinging and do not really notice it as much as I first did.

Images
    The clamp will open to 90 mm or 3.5"!

If you are interested in use with a larger device or tablet you can also get a magnetic interface that I do not yet offer, but can be found on Amazon. The ball end of the HangTime Hook (found on Dutchwaregear or WarBonnet Outdoors) may be adapted to many types of products!

https://www.amazon.com/Magnet-Holder.../dp/B06XCRZZTW

nice thing is you can put one in your car and one on your HangTime Hook, and with the included metal sticker inside your phone case backing you can easily transfer the phone from one mount to the other!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    Yes. Some run a cord from the lower tie down and clip to their shirt, or to a ballast such as a closed container like a water bottle. A shock cord may be pulled through the lower void on the side of the HTH and through the springs of mini clothesline clips then knotted and clipped to the hammock sides like guylines. I'm also thinking of making a whisker like flexible flat rod that can extend from the sides to rest against the bug net for stabilization. I have run a power cord between my phone and powerbank stuffed in a side pocket and that also damps movement. If I could balance a fan blade after adding weight to the tips it could keep me cool and function as a gyroscope! I have also over thought this to the ends of building something similar to camera stabilization devices that I have built in the past. Some things are just overkill!

Regarding the Hair tie, like a cord lock, it fixes the position of your HTH along the ridgeline for those that raise the foot end if you can't install a cord lock onto your ridgeline easily.

19989767_1814540218787400_6435895387048481473_n.jpg19905257_1814540048787417_4279158894051537749_n.jpg19114492_1946031782334272_755844451_n.jpg153191i2624238_n.jpg

I am open to additional ideas! Please experiment!
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 07-25-2018 at 22:13.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by somniferous View Post
    Will my Laser Disc collection be ok though?
    Yes! Laser discs will be unharmed by magnets! The nice thing about those in the backcountry is that they make awesome signal mirrors and have major potential for solar stoves!

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast