Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images

Ridge Creek XL initial impressions

I took advantage of Paul's recent Black Friday sale to purchase a Ridge Creek XL for my wife's new Warbonnet Ridgerunner (also a Black Friday purchase).

Ordered on Friday, and even with the rush it was here the following Tuesday, no worries or hassle. Somehow the WBRR got hung up in the mail so it was days before the hammock actually arrived.

We found a nice day for a backyard test hang. There's almost always a learning curve with new gear, but I finally got the RR strung up. I pulled the Ridge Creek XL out of the bag and snapped it in place, no worries and no adjustments. That's really nice, because a gathered end UQ has to be dialed in every time to account for varying hang angles and etc.

It was 40ish degrees out, so well within the quilt's stated 25* lower threshold (for most users). My wife, a notoriously cold natured person, had no complaints of coldness from underneath (and trust me she'd let me know haha). I didn't either the short time I spent testing it out.

- Here's a link to the product with a description of materials used in manufacturing

- The RCXL is made to specifically fit the WBRR. Although I havn't tried it, I'd imagine that if you took off the corner 'biners you could comfortably use it as a top quilt/cover with no problems, albeit there are no footbox features.

- In my initial testing the RCXL fit the hammock as nearly perfectly as is possible. I don't own any other bridge hammocks but I would imagine that it would fit any similar sized bridge very well, but some suspension tweaking may be necessary.

- Paul advertises the quilt at 20oz. My kitchen scale weighed it in at 19.8 oz in the provided stuffsack. Being synthetic, it is bulkier and not as compressible as a down alternative would be. It is somewhat of a struggle to get the quilt back in to the stuffsack, although I'm willing to admit that this may be a function of my inexperience with the product.

- Paul, would you mind letting me/us know about washability and upkeep?

- The RCXL is listed on Arrowhead's site at $150 (as of Decemberr 13, 2017). This is quite a bit less expensive than comparable down alternatives. Warbonnet sells a full length three season quilt to fit their RR at $260 for comparison.

- The RCXL came with instructions, a thank you letter from Paul, and an AHE sticker. As mentioned this is just an initial impressions review and not a field test review. That said I am satisfied with the purchase. I'm hoping to get my wife out-of-doors soon to try the RCXL for an overnighter to put the quilt through its paces!

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Sounds like a great option for sure.. thanks for your feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LLG-Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Paul makes good quality gear and has great customer service.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Glad that you and your wife like it so far John.

On the care side of things check out my Care and Cleaning Video on the How to Videos Page at AHE. https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/how-to-videos.html It has some tips on how to pack the quilts along with how to care for them, store them, and do a light and heavy cleaning as needed.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Glad that you and your wife like it so far John.

On the care side of things check out my Care and Cleaning Video on the How to Videos Page at AHE. https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/how-to-videos.html It has some tips on how to pack the quilts along with how to care for them, store them, and do a light and heavy cleaning as needed.
    Awesome thanks Paul! I'll have to try that stuffing method too. Not that it was overly difficult, but that was the one hiccup in the process that overall was pretty effortless and pain free.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Great review. I bought the 3/4 length Ridgecreek last year before the XL came out. (Reviewed it in a thread started 11/27/2016. ). You're right about how easy attachment is. That is in my opinion one of the advantages of the Ridgerunner and Ridgerunner-specific underquilt. It's just so dang easy. Four clips and done.

If I didn't already have a full-length Lynx already I'd get an XL.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Asym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    I too took advantage of the sale and purchased the XL. Simple and easy. clip it and it just fits. Have not had it outside yet but it is nice and toasty indoors.

• + New Posts