Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images

Family fun in the Snow

Hey y'all we got nine inches of snow here in Marietta GA. Let that sink in... NINE INCHES, in GEORGIA! I'm 50 years old and I don't ever remember getting as much in one day. (Of course I have the part-timer's too sooooo)

Anyway we got out and played in it. It was my grandson Elliot's (19 months) first experience with snow. I made a short little video and thought I'd share it =)

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Hammeck Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    That's funny. Very little snow in Vermont. Hanging out tonight and it will be a balmy 23 degrees. Great video. Nice snowmen and a cute grandson to boot. Side note, Navy just scored. Go Navy

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    That's funny. Very little snow in Vermont. Hanging out tonight and it will be a balmy 23 degrees. Great video. Nice snowmen and a cute grandson to boot. Side note, Navy just scored. Go Navy
    That's funny as we in the deep south are supposed to hit 21 tonight. It's some odd weather we are having here when Alabama is colder than VT. Last night we hit 18.
    https://darksky.net/forecast/34.783,-86.698/us12/en

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    John,
    That's an amazing amount of snow. We had 8" two years ago that lasted about 8 hours and that was a record for us in Alabama. I like snow but only for about an hour after that I'm done with it

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Yeah, I think the snowman competition was a tie, but Elliot is cuter than them both haha! I don't think Navy scored quite enough this time... maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    John,
    That's an amazing amount of snow. We had 8" two years ago that lasted about 8 hours and that was a record for us in Alabama. I like snow but only for about an hour after that I'm done with it
    I'm pretty sure it's the most snow I've ever seen in such a short time. The weathermen were saying about an inch haha- shows what they know. I'm with you, the best thing about having snow like that down here is that in a couple of days it will be a fun memory =) Thanks for watching TS!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    John, thanks for sharing your snow with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Thanks for sharing, the little guy is just too cute. I see your dogs know how to have fun.

Here it has been really warm I keep hoping for snow, there is a tiny dusting in the hills but not much. After the damage from the forest fires, a decent snow would probably cause significant landslides.

Some how it seems unfair GA & TX has a nice snow fall. Even Edmonton Alberta has been warmer than usual.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    John, thanks for sharing your snow with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad to do it thanks for checking it out!

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, the little guy is just too cute. I see your dogs know how to have fun.

Here it has been really warm I keep hoping for snow, there is a tiny dusting in the hills but not much. After the damage from the forest fires, a decent snow would probably cause significant landslides.

Some how it seems unfair GA & TX has a nice snow fall. Even Edmonton Alberta has been warmer than usual.
    Yeah we're sorta partial to Elliot, thanks =) Our pups had a blast out in the white stuff!

AFAIC we've reached our snow quota for the season here in GA so y'all are welcome to all the snow you desire henceforth!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Thats great, glad you got to enjoy it! We only got around 3" here where I'm at so no snowmen, but my 5yo daughter came out with me almost every time I had to knock the snow of my tarp. We had fun though so that's all that matters
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    Hey y'all we got nine inches of snow here in Marietta GA. Let that sink in... NINE INCHES, in GEORGIA! I'm 50 years old and I don't ever remember getting as much in one day. (Of course I have the part-timer's too sooooo)

Anyway we got out and played in it. It was my grandson Elliot's (19 months) first experience with snow. I made a short little video and thought I'd share it =)

Very nice. And the weather forecasters predicted 1" and mostly a non event. It seemed they were very embarrassed Saturday morning and didn't mention the totals often. Most I can remember it snowing in Atlanta.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast