DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    I'm interested in a beetle buckle complete suspension from Dutch to upgrade my HH suspension and a spreader bar too.
    Next year I will order a Warbonnet blackbird (with cinch buckles) and a tarp edge or Minifly.
    I would like to ask you mates, if I can use the beetle suspension on the head end on both hammocks with the spread bar and cinch buckles at the foot end of blackbird and other suspension on the foot Hennessy to use only one tarp when hammocking with my wife and still keep her beside me

Only in summer time, later I will order a under and top quilt.

Thank you guys
    Last edited by Halfed; 12-08-2017 at 20:07.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle

ENO has come out with a spreader bar system ala the "Double Dutch"

This is becoming my plan as well...

I've been using my HH with Beetle Buckles for awhile. I just bought a Blackbird XLC and was planning to sell the HH... but I just realized that I can just get a spreader bar from Dutch and have a nearly complete setup to complement my hammock for when my kid is ready to come along. I already have another set of straps... I just need to add some biners for the foot ends and another set of quilts.

I have a HH Hex tarp which ought to be big enough to cover both in good weather...

So, yeah, it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The terms of services of this honorable website prevents me from giving my opinion of my fellow countrymen taking my ideas and having them manufactured overseas so I won't.
    I think I can imagine what you'd like to say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WinterDream
    Insulation
    HG & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Dutch CRL w/ Tatos
    “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.” ~Oscar Wilde

Wayne

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    shady.

Dutch, do you hold a patent that is in violation here? Sue em! (I know nothing about such things, and am just curious)
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Where do you draw the line, though? Is it a gray area? I don't think anyone got mad when the second manufacturer of hammock underquilts started making them. Then the third, fourth, etc. Or did they? But it would be lame if we only had one manufacturer of smart phones, hammocks, bug nets, backpacks, etc.

We know Dutch's product is likely better, lighter and the one we want to support. Let others try this if they want; it's just another option.

Just a thought from Mr. Switzerland...who will now prepare to be flamed.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I've had Dutch's Double Whoopie Hooks and spreader bar for a couple of years now. (Year and a half? Something like that)

Anyway, before I found Dutch's system I was already thinking of using a sawn off broomstick or something similar with eye-bolts in each end that the Atlas straps or a whoopie sling could be run through, Dutch's system just saved me some hassle and testing. Plus it would have been heavier and bulkier, and I was thinking it had to be done on both ends at the time.

We can't be sure they lifted this idea from Dutch. It does appear that way to "those in the know" i.e. Hammock Forum frequenters. Either way, ENO really knows how to market and cater to the "unwashed".

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    For those new within the last few years, this "type" of system has been around since before this decade.

As far as Dutch improving his design, a few hangers started with using branches to separate 2 hammocks, then hiking poles. So yes, Dutch has improved the design with specific hardware and collapsible poles to hike and pack in with.

That said, it's always nice to have innovation and a multitude of vendors to produce gear. IMO, just be careful not to let someone do the research, test the products, use a lot of time and energy to produce a product, then make a slight change and call it your own.

Yes, a few vendors have done this in the past and it took a while for the bad blood to clear. But they don't let it out in the open and try not to let it sour their outlook on our enjoyment of the products.

Good luck to all vendors and hopefully there is enough business to not reduce another's hard worked profit.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12