Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Silpoly Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Mamba/Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Just keep in mind that whoopies are going to add an extra couple feet to an already extended distance between trees.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I shortened my ridgerunner suspension (by making new dogbones, green head end and orange foot end) by 12 overall and added a ridgeline so it would fit inside a superfly with the doors closed.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven 11
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use a Velcro strap for my bicycle pump that holds the bars together and then I use an old tent pole bag to store them in.

Senior Member Andy "Bull" Bullock's Avatar
    Hammock
    WB ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB lynx & Costco
    Suspension
    straps+Dutch bling
    For the poles I use mountainsmith trekker poles and got the pole tips from warbonnet. I removed the aluminum hardware from the little triangle thing up. Then got Dutch’s cinch bugs and Dutch clips. So I remove my suspension each time and store it in the mesh of my pack with my tarp. I use the lazy slug bridge and cram all insulation into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andy "Bull" Bullock View Post
    For the poles I use mountainsmith trekker poles and got the pole tips from warbonnet. I removed the aluminum hardware from the little triangle thing up. Then got Dutch’s cinch bugs and Dutch clips. So I remove my suspension each time and store it in the mesh of my pack with my tarp. I use the lazy slug bridge and cram all insulation into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    I leave my Spindrift attached to the hammock and if I struggle with it, I can almost fit both in the stuff sack that came with the hammock. I replaced the cinch buckles that came with the e
    I do the same. I leave the suspension attached. I put 2 sets of small bungees around the nesting poles. 1 around the body and 1 around the tips that stick out to create a little friction so they don't slide out.

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    I put the two thinner poles into the two thicker poles so I wind up with 3 poles. I then wrap them with a hair tie. I like the hair ties because they don't degrade like rubber bands and if they do, the rubber won't attach to the poles. I then stick these inside my pack oriented so the thin poles can't slip out of the thick poles. Originally I worried that they might poke a hole in the pack but I haven't seen any evidence of wear.

I sort of like the idea of a separate bag but I'm counting every gram now and it doesn't seem to be worth the weight. The poles aren't going anywhere in the pack. If I ever get concerned about wear-and-tear on the pack I'll make a couple of booties for the ends.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Thanks for all the tips everyone, and especially the pics of your gear, that really helps. I have a lot of projects now haha. I'm actually thinking I might emulate Scrope with the poles tho, a couple of hair ties and call it a day. I gotta play with the suspension some to see if that's what sticks or will we go to plan B.

If we do change and the whoopies end up making the hang too long I may switch to tree huggers and mule tape with becket hitches, (or maybe one of each?) we'll just have to see.

Fun times ahead!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post
    I put the two thinner poles into the two thicker poles so I wind up with 3 poles. I then wrap them with a hair tie. I like the hair ties because they don't degrade like rubber bands and if they do, the rubber won't attach to the poles. I then stick these inside my pack oriented so the thin poles can't slip out of the thick poles. Originally I worried that they might poke a hole in the pack but I haven't seen any evidence of wear.

I sort of like the idea of a separate bag but I'm counting every gram now and it doesn't seem to be worth the weight. The poles aren't going anywhere in the pack. If I ever get concerned about wear-and-tear on the pack I'll make a couple of booties for the ends.
    I did this with heavy duty rubber bands for a while but one time when bending over my inner poles slipped out and fell to the ground. I quickly found an alternative and now use the Arrowhead bag with the velcro top and no more poles falling out when in a precarious position on the trail.

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I did this with heavy duty rubber bands for a while but one time when bending over my inner poles slipped out and fell to the ground. I quickly found an alternative and now use the Arrowhead bag with the velcro top and no more poles falling out when in a precarious position on the trail.
    I would have that concern if I was storing the poles attached to the side of my pack (which I originally considered) but since I put my poles inside my pack the lid prevents them from falling out. I would definitely consider using a bag for outside attached poles.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast