Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if that is connected with Amazon's Matchbook service? I was able to enable that feature for v2 so you can get the Kindle edition or vice-versa for a discount price.

The whole edition system Amazon has is a bit of a fiasco. They told me that the second edition will be come the primary edition once sales favor that edition. It's a strange system. Apparently that is why the first edition comes up as the primary edition right now. I can only hope that as sales of the second edition rise, it will be the primary listing. The only other option I have is to take down the first edition, but I hesitate to lose all the reviews and comments left by other readers.
    Would love to get the Kindle edition but it just links me to the first edition that I already have.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    You're welcome!
    Hey Derek, where are the edits exactly, I’d like to go in with a pen and correct them myself. I already fixed the triple hammock dimensions from 55 to 96.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Hey Derek, would you be willing to share a version of your artwork that you used on the cover of TUH2 that would make a nice wallpaper for a phone or tablet? Just thought is was worth asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Just bought my copy in eBook form.
    Last edited by Hiker Boy; 12-04-2017 at 15:23.
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hammock
    DblW Hexon/Chameleon/Half-Wit/NX270
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps w/BeetleBuk
    not available on kindle? when it's selected it takes you the first version.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE
    Wow! TUH2 is the hammock camping encyclopedia from A-Z! I'm glad I went with the book and not an e-version of it.

What great work!!!!
    Last edited by One-Sky; 12-08-2017 at 11:11.

Hammock
    SLD 10' MTN 1.2
    Tarp
    HG Standard DCF
    Insulation
    Enigma/Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    UHMWPE
    Received my copy of Ultimate Hang 2 last week. As an author of outdoor camping/hiking reference material, Derek ranks right up there with Collin Fletcher and Ray Jardine for status in my personal bookshelf.

Used the original edition as an intro to hammocking. This book provided background information on topics in hammockforums.net that were new to me. The Ultimate Hang 2 expands on the original nicely. The paperback is seems easier to use than the ebook as a reference (bought the original in ebook format).

It is nice having a reference that provides an in depth view of hammocking. I thought my gear and setup was all dialed in before Hang 2 arrived at my doorstep. Going through Derek's book makes me realize how much I still don't know, and points out areas my system can improve.

There is one quibble, and it's a tiny one. Would have listed the Farrimond Hitch in place of Tautline in the knots selection. We all have our problems.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    For those looking for the second edition in either Kindle or paperback format, be sure to look for "Other formats and editions" link in the Amazon listing. What the good folks at Amazon told me was that the second edition is currently "buried" (my word) under "other formats and editions" until the second edition gets a better sale rank. What's happening is that the first edition is listed as the "primary edition" right now. As sales increase on the second edition, it will switch and become the primary listing. It's strange, and if things don't improve, I may just list the books separately so it is easier to find.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Sky View Post
    Wow! TUH2 is the hammock camping encyclopedia from A-Z! I'm glad I went with the book and not an e-version of it.

What great work!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Recalc View Post
    Received my copy of Ultimate Hang 2 last week. As an author of outdoor camping/hiking reference material, Derek ranks right up there with Collin Fletcher and Ray Jardine for status in my personal bookshelf.

Used the original edition as an intro to hammocking. This book provided background information on topics in hammockforums.net that were new to me. The Ultimate Hang 2 expands on the original nicely. The paperback is seems easier to use than the ebook as a reference (bought the original in ebook format).

It is nice having a reference that provides an in depth view of hammocking. I thought my gear and setup was all dialed in before Hang 2 arrived at my doorstep. Going through Derek's book makes me realize how much I still don't know, and points out areas my system can improve.

There is one quibble, and it's a tiny one. Would have listed the Farrimond Hitch in place of Tautline in the knots selection. We all have our problems.
    Thanks all!

Now, I hope you can forgive me for missing the Farrimond Hitch It might be my Boy Scout background, but the Tautline Hitch is just such a staple and well-known "workhorse" hitch. The Farrimond is a bit more complex to tie, but I know that shouldn't be a show stopper

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Hey Derek, would you be willing to share a version of your artwork that you used on the cover of TUH2 that would make a nice wallpaper for a phone or tablet? Just thought is was worth asking.
    That's a great idea! I'll get a post on my blog and put it there. Ping me in a few days.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast