DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
    I was finding it hard to find a link to the book, here it is for others who need it:

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hang...sap_bc?ie=UTF8
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsauce View Post
    A quick update: I was able to find the book by searching "the ultimate hang second edition" on Amazon. Now I have it on my Kindle but it looks like paperback copies are also available for purchase.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hang...second+edition

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I don't get either link to work. The first says it is no longer available. The second shows the second edition but when you select paperback it shows the first edition. I can choose the kindle version, but when I do it says since I already purchased the paperback version I can get it for $2.99 and shows first edition.
    Very confusing and not easy to actually get a paperback copy.
    Any help or ideas?
    Never did find it using the Amazon app. The search does not recognize anything but the first edition.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rais'n hammock View Post
    I don't get either link to work. The first says it is no longer available. The second shows the second edition but when you select paperback it shows the first edition. I can choose the kindle version, but when I do it says since I already purchased the paperback version I can get it for $2.99 and shows first edition.
    Very confusing and not easy to actually get a paperback copy.
    Any help or ideas?
    Never did find it using the Amazon app. The search does not recognize anything but the first edition.
    We must have been writing at the same time My prior response gave the answer: I decided to make the change and I uploaded a new master file to Amazon yesterday. It takes about 24-hours for the publisher system to reset so Amazon shows the book as unavailable during that time. It will be available later today or Monday at the latest.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    Thanks all. The paperback is temporarily unavailable because I made those edits that the OP mentioned. All new purchases will be the updated version. It takes about 24-hours to reflect the change so Amazon disables any purchasing during that time. It should be up later today or Monday at the latest (I hope!). I figured the weekend was a good time to do the update to (hopefully) minimize any downtime for folks. Sorry for the delay! I just want to make sure the book is as accurate as possible without going crazy.
    I hope you felt the suggestions I made were reasonable. I was just saying what I thought. Did you like the changes after you made them? I promise the hammocking community I won't be the cause of any more delays!!!

I've done two very small run self-published books and I know that no matter how much you proofread, something slips by. But better release it into the wild in time for Christmas. Sounds like there's some demand out there.

By the way, and I hope this doesn't sound presumptuous of me, but if you would like to use all or any part of my review for any marketing or whatever, you have my permission.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    I hope you felt the suggestions I made were reasonable. I was just saying what I thought. Did you like the changes after you made them? I promise the hammocking community I won't be the cause of any more delays!!!

I've done two very small run self-published books and I know that no matter how much you proofread, something slips by. But better release it into the wild in time for Christmas. Sounds like there's some demand out there.

By the way, and I hope this doesn't sound presumptuous of me, but if you would like to use all or any part of my review for any marketing or whatever, you have my permission.
    Thanks for your offer! I appreciate it! I may link to this review for sure!

It's true -- no matter how often I've gone over the book, I always find something to edit. I paid a professional editor, conscripted my wife (who's a fantastic editor), and self edited multiple times, but it doesn't surprise me when something is missed. It's just the nature of a complex project like this.

I think your critiques were solid. The Ridgerunner was a horrible mistake on my part, and a little embarrassing especially since I specifically reviewed these hammocks for the express purpose of getting first-hand knowledge of them - ha!

Your feedback on the charts and tables reinforced my own unsettled feelings. I had originally designed those charts to be simple, but changed my mind prior to publishing. One challenge in designing a book that has a black-and-white interior is that you lose contrast and vibrance of color and shade. Removing the background on the tables I think improves the contrast, making it easier to read. It's a good idea, thanks!

So, for the first hundred or so who've already purchased the book, they have the distinction of having a limited edition

My next challenge is finishing up some key features on my website. If there are any Wordpress Wizards out there, I'd happily do some exchange hammock gear for some programming help, in addition to a signed copy of my book!

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    As I mentioned in a previous thread, I sprung for the Apple iBooks version because I have the iPadPro.
    UH2 looks phenomenal in that format!

Thanks for all the hard work and time it must have taken, Derek!
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post
    As I mentioned in a previous thread, I sprung for the Apple iBooks version because I have the iPadPro.
    UH2 looks phenomenal in that format!

Thanks for all the hard work and time it must have taken, Derek!
    I'm glad to hear! Thanks @Flash!

I just received notice that the paperback is back up and available.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE
    It sure is, Derek. Just ordered it on Amazon and it will be here Wednesday! Looking forward to reading this one! Loved your first book. Thank you!

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Ordered— looking forward to it. Thanks Derek!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    I'm glad to hear! Thanks @Flash!

I just received notice that the paperback is back up and available.
    I was able to purchase the second edition paperback. However after completing checkout it gives an offer to start reading immediately and when I select that it showed the first edition. Not sure what the issue is but I will gladly wait until Wednesday for the physical copy.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rais'n hammock View Post
    I was able to purchase the second edition paperback. However after completing checkout it gives an offer to start reading immediately and when I select that it showed the first edition. Not sure what the issue is but I will gladly wait until Wednesday for the physical copy.
    Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if that is connected with Amazon's Matchbook service? I was able to enable that feature for v2 so you can get the Kindle edition or vice-versa for a discount price.

The whole edition system Amazon has is a bit of a fiasco. They told me that the second edition will be come the primary edition once sales favor that edition. It's a strange system. Apparently that is why the first edition comes up as the primary edition right now. I can only hope that as sales of the second edition rise, it will be the primary listing. The only other option I have is to take down the first edition, but I hesitate to lose all the reviews and comments left by other readers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast