Warbonnet Blackbird XLC-2
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12ft
    Insulation
    Klymit/HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle/strap

Upgraded to Warbonnet's new XLC!

I took advantage of the nice pricing Warbonnet had during the recent Black Friday sale and ordered a new 2nd gen XLC! I selected the single 1.7 in green with straps/buckles. I'm pretty excited to try it out in the unusually warm weather we've had in Northern Utah.

Any tips and tricks on the XLC that I should know? I've been through Brandon's site and videos, have basked in the wealth of knowledge shared by Shug in his video series, and been through a few threads here. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything so I can enjoy the XLC to the fullest right out of the gate.

I'd love to hear your thoughts while I obsessively check my order status and wait for Brandon and his Warbonnet crew to work their magic.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Enjoy!
    All add this....you can see how to work Warbonnets cinch buckles at 13:16 in this video.
    Carry forth.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The only thing you're missing right now is a great hang in a new hammock - but that will resolve itself in due time. Just follow the directions and all will be good.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    For an out of the box hang you will want to pick up a couple of carabiners so you can easily clip your straps around the tree. I remember years ago getting a new hammock with straps only to realize I couldn't hang it without something to connect the straps to the tree.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    For an out of the box hang you will want to pick up a couple of carabiners so you can easily clip your straps around the tree. I remember years ago getting a new hammock with straps only to realize I couldn't hang it without something to connect the straps to the tree.
    Well you can always un-do the strap from the cinch buckle and weave the strap end through the strap loop at tree then hook it back up to the cinch buckle. Only takes a wee bit of time but after doing it a time or two it gets old. I show it in the video above.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Well you can always un-do the strap from the cinch buckle and weave the strap end through the strap loop at tree then hook it back up to the cinch buckle. Only takes a wee bit of time but after doing it a time or two it gets old. I show it in the video above.
    Shug
    Yep, but after doing this once (the first time out) that wasn't a situation I wanted to duplicate. I wish Warbonnet and others would include these for a better user experience. I've since replaced my beaners with Dutch Clips but that was after I got some Hammock Forums education

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12ft
    Insulation
    Klymit/HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    The only thing you're missing right now is a great hang in a new hammock - but that will resolve itself in due time. Just follow the directions and all will be good.
    I think this is the biggest shortcoming at this point. Hope to remedy it soon!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12ft
    Insulation
    Klymit/HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Enjoy!
    All add this....you can see how to work Warbonnets cinch buckles at 13:16 in this video.
    Carry forth.
    Shug

Hey, Shug! Thanks for the input. I enjoy your videos and appreciate the talent, ability, and willingness you have to share what you know and have experienced in such a pleasant, entertaining, and effective way. it's always brightens my day when I see a new Shug video up on YouTube.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12ft
    Insulation
    Klymit/HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Yep, but after doing this once (the first time out) that wasn't a situation I wanted to duplicate. I wish Warbonnet and others would include these for a better user experience. I've since replaced my beaners with Dutch Clips but that was after I got some Hammock Forums education
    Ah, yes. That is a very good point. Thanks, Slug.

Fortunately, I have a few 12kN 'biners that I've already set aside for the new XLC. That Dutch bling is sure attractive though. Dutch has a great many good things going on over there and I have no doubt that he'll end up with some of my cash before too much longer.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBurn View Post
    Ah, yes. That is a very good point. Thanks, Slug.

Fortunately, I have a few 12kN 'biners that I've already set aside for the new XLC. That Dutch bling is sure attractive though. Dutch has a great many good things going on over there and I have no doubt that he'll end up with some of my cash before too much longer.
    Yes, watch that Dutch site as it has become a hole that I pour money into

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast