Tarp
    HG Journey 12ft
    Insulation
    Klymit/HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Yes, watch that Dutch site as it has become a hole that I pour money into
    When it comes time to upgrade to a tarp more deserving to host this new XLC, I have a feeling some titanium goodies will not be far behind.

I think I'm just starting to get an inkling of the size of the rabbit hole I've jumped into...

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by DBurn View Post
    I think I'm just starting to get an inkling of the size of the rabbit hole I've jumped into...
    You have no idea!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch system
    I got my XLC with cinch buckles. They worked well. Then I got a Dutchware Chameleon with beetle Buckles and dyneema/poly straps. I wasn't a fan of that set-up. But, I wanted to be able to store my (possibly) wet suspension separate from my hammock.....along with only having one suspension for whichever hammock I was using. So, I converted all of my hammocks to continuous loops at the gathered end.
    Now, I'm experimenting with different suspension types to connect to the CLs.......whoopie slings (with or without whoopie hooks), straps with cinch buckles and dog bones or dutch biners, plain ol' knots....etc. Searching for the lightest, quickest, easiest, most convenient way to hang it.
    I guess that's part of the fun of this hobby. Playing with all of the toys.

Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel88 View Post
    Searching for the lightest, quickest, easiest, most convenient way to hang it.
    Enjoy!!!
    For lightest I go with dyneema straps and a becket hitch. its also quick/easy/convenient imo and the knot aint hard at all. but, its fun to play with all the other ways and gadgets you can use ;-)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I got my XLC with cinch buckles. They worked well. Then I got a Dutchware Chameleon with beetle Buckles and dyneema/poly straps. I wasn't a fan of that set-up. But, I wanted to be able to store my (possibly) wet suspension separate from my hammock.....along with only having one suspension for whichever hammock I was using. So, I converted all of my hammocks to continuous loops at the gathered end.
    Now, I'm experimenting with different suspension types to connect to the CLs.......whoopie slings (with or without whoopie hooks), straps with cinch buckles and dog bones or dutch biners, plain ol' knots....etc. Searching for the lightest, quickest, easiest, most convenient way to hang it.

Enjoy!!!
    I just did a whole series on suspensions.....daisy chain, whoopies, UCRs, descender rings, becket hitch, J-Bend, Hennessy lash, cinch buckles.
    Also show the weights of all.
    Suspension playlist......https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RN4_MaZ8UAyzWm
    Hope it offers insight.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I got my XLC with cinch buckles. They worked well. Then I got a Dutchware Chameleon with beetle Buckles and dyneema/poly straps. I wasn't a fan of that set-up. But, I wanted to be able to store my (possibly) wet suspension separate from my hammock.!
    For another option, I ended up getting these bags from Arrowhead Equipment to store my damp straps in. They work really well.
    https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/.../Sap_Sack.html

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    I use the titanium cinch buckles as Shug shows in the above video but added a dutch biner in between the suspensions CL and the CL that came on the Updated XLC. That way I get the simplicity of the buckle system plus I can carry my suspension separate. Also in the bags Trail Slug mentions above.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch system
    Great videos Shug.....as always!!

Trailslug, that looks like a great project for my new sewing machine. Thanks for sharing.

alifeoutdoors, That's most likely the way I'm gonna go. It would also allow me to switch to whoopies if I would ever want to. Thanks.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    For another option, I ended up getting these bags from Arrowhead Equipment to store my damp straps in. They work really well.
    https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/.../Sap_Sack.html
    Those Sap Sacks are nice. Especially if you want a high visibility colored bag. I use a plain ol' one-gallon ziploc baggie to store my suspension. Not as fancy, but lighter and cheaper.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC-2
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12ft
    Insulation
    Klymit/HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle/strap

Enjoy!!!
    I agree, Weasel, part of the fun of hammocking is working through a number of different iterations to see which setup I like for any particular situation. I appreciate you sharing some of your insight, particularly with the beetle buckles. I've thought of picking up a set with a bar just to have the option of hanging two rigs off the same trees if things are too sparse.

Are the warbonnets whipped with a continuous loop that has the buckles built into the continuous loops? Having some flexibility to try other suspensions might be nice. Maybe that's something I'll address down the road.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast