Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Thanks for the responses one and all.

Deb, I completely understand that you were just enforcing the policy, and I'm glad you do such a great job. You're right, I should have paid closer attention, but I had been looking for the particular item I posted for and didn't really pay much attention to the rest of the thread. My bad not yours.

For the rest, IMO the forum is not overly moderated, but the TOS are enforced. I enjoy the forum, and by using it accept the TOS even if I don't entirely agree with them. This was just something that happened that left a bad taste in my mouth, like I said the "opticks" were a little shady.

Probably should have just sucked it up and moved on, but felt like a little vent.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    That's how it goes. I don't mind the rules so much. Besides, I'm saving all my firearms, religion, and political palaver for Thanksgiving dinner with the family tomorrow (just kidding!)
    LOL... right on!

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I say God bless our moderators and Thank God for our TOS!

No, I don't 100% agree with all the rules and moderation exactly, but sure appreciate that we have them, and have seen what happens to forums that are slack on either and/or submit to the few who feel entitled to act as though rules are for lesser mortals.
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    I think a more appropriate response from the moderator, given that an "I'll take it" was posted, would have been to lock the thread thereby preserving the sale. Then again, I feel this site has become over-moderated. It feels like I am visiting someone else's home rather than a place I feel is my own. I visit much less frequently than in the past.
    I totally agree Dave. Some moderators here on HF are like policemen. You can't reason with them. Bad call on the "I'll take it". Sorry you got cheated by the mods, John
    Edited to say: I respect the need for law enforcement. I just don't like the style of enforcement that sometimes plays out, both with cops and with HF mods.
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 11-22-2017 at 13:22.

Agreed. I use a couple other forums for sales and trades. Tried a few here but took less than 12 hours for PMs about statuss and all that. Rather avoid it altogether.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Wooki & Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Rules on behaviour and scope of discussion are great and are required for sure but I think things have gone totally off the rails when the mods start creating senseless rules just so they have something to ruthlessly enforce.

I challenge ANYONE to provide a valid argument on why a post in the for sale area should be restricted to three items only?

What? Can't a guy sell his hammock, top quilt, underquilt and tarp all on one ad? This somehow threatens the community here???... Pure foolishness....

And a Mod who relentlessly enforces this up to 6 times DAILY is not someone who should be a mod.....

I'm sure that person will take it personally and kick me for that. You can keep the cash......

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Folks,

You are also not going to like this response This thread is closed as many of the posts here are off topic and the OP got their answer. If you want to read more about why the Market Place is moderated the way it is, go HERE or EVEN Here.

If you would like to open a thread to discuss changing the guidelines in the Market Place, please do feel free to do so.

If you want to discuss specific actions...PM me. I will gladly explain if the actions involve you. I will not discuss any other members and any actions taken revolving around them.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12