Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    You can contact the company directly through their web page or through Amazon, they are very helpful and gave me quick responses with all my questions.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Not overthinking at all, PharmGeek... these are all questions I've had, and I've seen others ask as well. Nice to have all this info and speculation in one place.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    James from little shop of hammocks over on Facebook said he ordered a sample and felt it was lower than 850 fp but he didn’t eager to say how much lower

He also said small bits of that down poked through fabric...first negative reviews I’ve seen so far...

For DIY budget gear - the question is to what degree really

From the projects I’ve seen done so far on YouTube with it - folks seemed to be happy with final weight and no mention of major issues

I guess I’ll find out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just dumping these from fb for fullness sake

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Also - I have no idea about this - but one point often made is that one cannot be sure about the way the down is harvested in China because...it’s China? Does that mean that the down industry is far more regulated in the US? Not a rhetorical question.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Yes, I would imagine the United States has much more regulation for its domestic companies, that's why most companies moved to China. The United States increases regulations to the point where companies can't make as much money so they move to a country with no regulations whatsoever. Combine that with no tariffs on imported good from China's and the lower labor rate in China because the people aren't treated as good and you can see how that their products can be so much more cheaper than ours . However it is stated in rose feathers write up about their company that they have to comply with United States regulations to sell their feathers in the United States and they have assured me several times that they do not live pluck. Before I bought feathers for my first underquilt several years ago I did a bit of looking into companies that Live pluck versus those who don't. I found that not many practice live plucking. I also found that there's not many large Distributors of down, most smaller companies get their down from one of the large companies that actually processes sorts and cleans it. take a couple examples like Dutchware or Wilderness logic, obviously they don't process their own down they just buy in bulk from another company. I also discovered that buying water treated down is more or less a gimmick, you can do the same thing by using nikwax down proof.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    After a bit of googling...the industry appears to be largely unregulated - that is no US government agency is routinely going around making sure down sold is not live plucked.

From some quick reading...it seems industry led groups have created 3rd party sources of verification...”RDS” the “responsible down standard” is industry driven standard started by North Face and the textile industry...

I suppose if when I buy there is *some* reassurance when the label for RDS is registered and shown at the point of sale...I wonder for cottage vendors what added cost putting that label on their websites would entail - my assumption is that the keep that label some element of RDS certification would audit the changing of hands of product to ensure standards are met.

When I’ve bought from downlinens, it is RDS...I’m not sure it is from cottage vendors....?

Hammock
    1.2 MTN
    Tarp
    12' DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Kevlar strap
    I used the same down for my quilt. I thought it lofted as expected.

https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...new-down-quilt

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by No-sage View Post
    I used the same down for my quilt. I thought it lofted as expected.

https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...new-down-quilt
    Do you recall specs:

Width, length, and baffle height of quilt? Differential? And total ounces of down used? Could reverse roughly calculate fill power (again roughly).

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC 1.2 double layer
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by KBr00ks View Post
    Boy that Rosefeather/Alibaba site is confusing...

How much was shipping, and how long will it take? Is there a minimum?
    My shipping was free with amazon prime, and I got my down in less than 5 days.
    Just your average kayak-paddlin', fish-stalkin', gun-totin', hammock-hangin' Critical Care Paramedic

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast