WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug

Under quilt for Clark hammocks

Does anyone have any reviews/thoughts on how well the jungle pepper quilt fits and works on the nx-270?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Don't own one, haven't seen one, but seeing how it was made specifically for the Clark I would assume it fits & works quite well. It's not like you're buying a generic & trying to make it fit to the Clark.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    The Jungle Pepper series of underquilt is the first down quilt to hit the market for the Clark Jungle Hammock. No more fussing and trying to adapt a quilt that wasn't made for the Clark. You get a full 80" of coverage, and setup is a snap. Just clip the two fixed suspension ends (no adjustment hassles) and clip the side tensioners to the loops next to your hoop support. Snug the tensioners, and you're off to a warm nights sleep.

Fits the Clark NX250, NX 270, TX 250, TX 270.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Clark NX-250/NX-270/NA/NX-200
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    My review on the Jungle Pepper under quilt for Clark Hammocks from Loco Libre Gear.

I had the chance to test out the new Jungle Pepper under quilt that George from Loco Libre Gear has come up for the Clark Hammocks. Clark Hammocks are the only hammocks that I will use and I had tried Under quilts from other benders and was never really satisfied with the way that they fit under any of my Clark Hammocks that I have owned. So when I found out that George was making one for the Clarks I had to get my hands on it to try it out. When I first received it in the mail and got it open, the first thing I did was check out the quality of the stitching and saw that the workmanship was perfect. I wouldn't expect anything other from George though. Once I got my NX-270 hung up, I attached the under quilt to the ends of the hammock like you would with any other using the carabiners. But George has also added 4 mitten hooks. 2 on each side. Those mitten hooks clip onto the tag loops that are on the Clarks keeping the under quilt in the perfect position so it don't twist or slide on the hammock. The Jungle Pepper is wider than all of the others that I have tried, so it makes for a better fit on the Clarks. The under quilt also has plenty of length so that no part of my body, from head to foot was ever past it. So no cold heels or head. All in all I am very pleased with the design and plan on getting myself a couple of them. One for cool weather and one for cold weather.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by pdcollins6092 View Post
    My review on the Jungle Pepper under quilt for Clark Hammocks from Loco Libre Gear.

I had the chance to test out the new Jungle Pepper under quilt that George from Loco Libre Gear has come up for the Clark Hammocks. Clark Hammocks are the only hammocks that I will use and I had tried Under quilts from other benders and was never really satisfied with the way that they fit under any of my Clark Hammocks that I have owned. So when I found out that George was making one for the Clarks I had to get my hands on it to try it out. When I first received it in the mail and got it open, the first thing I did was check out the quality of the stitching and saw that the workmanship was perfect. I wouldn't expect anything other from George though. Once I got my NX-270 hung up, I attached the under quilt to the ends of the hammock like you would with any other using the carabiners. But George has also added 4 mitten hooks. 2 on each side. Those mitten hooks clip onto the tag loops that are on the Clarks keeping the under quilt in the perfect position so it don't twist or slide on the hammock. The Jungle Pepper is wider than all of the others that I have tried, so it makes for a better fit on the Clarks. The under quilt also has plenty of length so that no part of my body, from head to foot was ever past it. So no cold heels or head. All in all I am very pleased with the design and plan on getting myself a couple of them. One for cool weather and one for cold weather.

Perfect! Thanks for the info

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    Perfect! Thanks for the info

I have had and used other brands but they never would fit lime I felt they should. That's what makes this one different. George designed it around the Clark hammock to make sure it fit like a glove. You wouldn't regret getting yourself one. Its a great product from a great company..

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I have had and used other brands but they never would fit lime I felt they should. That's what makes this one different. George designed it around the Clark hammock to make sure it fit like a glove. You wouldn't regret getting yourself one. Its a great product from a great company..

I hope judging by how it looks on the pictures. Just kind of hard to see the attachment points for the spreader bars.

I've had my nx250 and incubator down to -10 and been warm but there was always the issue if the quilt popping off my shoulder or foot every time I'd move a little bit because of the spreader bars.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    I hope judging by how it looks on the pictures. Just kind of hard to see the attachment points for the spreader bars.

I've had my nx250 and incubator down to -10 and been warm but there was always the issue if the quilt popping off my shoulder or foot every time I'd move a little bit because of the spreader bars.

That's one of the problems I would have with the others too. With the jungle pepper that don't happen because he has put in mitten clips that attach to the little loops on the side of the hammock up by the spreader poles.. The clips are also on shock cord so you can tension it up as you wish.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    That's one of the problems I would have with the others too. With the jungle pepper that don't happen because he has put in mitten clips that attach to the little loops on the side of the hammock up by the spreader poles.. The clips are also on shock cord so you can tension it up as you wish.

I just wanted to add that right now they are having a 15% off sale on everything on their site which includes the Jungle Pepper. I just checked and the sale ends at midnight tonight though..

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    I took advantage of the sale and ordered a zero degree for $244. That's only $45 more than a z-liner and will be much warmer.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast