Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Looking good up there! I like this early action compared to the last couple winters. I was tempted to head up there tomorrow, but sticking with my plans to go south (actually colder part of the time if you could believe that). Besides, I do too much sitting at GT, about go insane.
    I'm sensing a good winter of hanging in northern Michigan this year! Dropping temps should give everyone ample opportunity to dial in their cold weather setup. Since 3rd times a charm and we know you'll make it this year, you are more than welcome to assume the role of "Official Wood Finder, Cutter, and Hauler" for the weekend. Knowing how much wood we burn, you'll never have a chance to sit. . That will give the rest of us more time to lollygag around the fire and eat bacon.

Enjoy your weekend down south! If you don't sell your Montbell Permafrost Down Jacket, bring it to GT and add it to the gear swap pile.
    Last edited by michigandave; 12-08-2017 at 09:24.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    If you don't sell your Montbell Permafrost Down Jacket, bring it to GT and add it to the gear swap pile.

-Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    I'm sensing a good winter of hanging in northern Michigan this year! Dropping temps should give everyone ample opportunity to dial in their cold weather setup. Since 3rd times a charm and we know you'll make it this year, you are more than welcome to assume the role of "Official Wood Finder, Cutter, and Hauler" for the weekend. Knowing how much wood we burn, you'll never have a chance to sit. . That will give the rest of us more time to lollygag around the fire and eat bacon.

Enjoy your weekend down south! If you don't sell your Montbell Permafrost Down Jacket, bring it to GT and add it to the gear swap pile.
    HAHA that Montbell is killing me! I'm more of the small fire/sit close kinda guy. Work smart not hard.

Hammock
    Dogger
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I'm in for sure. Donk has already requested tamales so those will be riding high on the pulk. Stayed home today because the wife has the flu. Everyone is down for a nap so I am hanging in the basement in my remod hammock sock. Hoping to get out before Februrary.

Note: the blue rain barrell is still in position and awaiting use. We are 2 months away from GT 2018. Don't forget to add your info to the spreadsheet.

Still lots of wood available up the hill, so plan on a group wood gathering effort once a day. With everyone pitching in and helping out, it just gives us more quality lolly-gagging time. .

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hammock
    WARBONNET RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    LYNX 20 MAMBA 2O
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    Planning on being there for the hang, Chainsaw in hand, with Bacon and sausage. See ya soon. CJ
    ​Wolverine Craig

Quote Originally Posted by cj6760 View Post
    Planning on being there for the hang, Chainsaw in hand, with Bacon and sausage. See ya soon. CJ
    Glad to hear you can make it again. That chainsaw really helped speed along the process. A few of us were up there a couple weeks ago and there was stillborn some of our leftover wood. I think it's safe to say that since the cabin is gone, usage of the area has dropped off.

With the amount of snow there getting this year, I'm guessing that Hare Road access probably won't work and we'll end up using the main lot. See you in the woods!

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 hyper D 11’
    Tarp
    12x10 diy hottent
    Insulation
    1.6hyperd quilts
    Hello everyone, hope everyone's enjoying the warmer temps we were blessed with today I know my knees are quit happy. Lol. I'm new to the forum and hammock camping not new to GT area my favorite place in the area love to join in on the festivities meet some new faces and learn some new tricks of the trade. It looks like a blast I found out about the forum through watching tzbrown videos while looking for winter hammocking. I can definitely can bring some bacon and can get down with bacon on the hr and have some jerky meat waiting in the freezer to be smoked.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Welcome to the forum Riverine45

Looks like the weather is going to be more mild for this hand, but be prepared for most anything.

Looking forward to meeting you there
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    DIY strap/Whoopies
    Ok all i wasnt sure if i could make it or not, i took on a new job but good news i have the time available! All has been well, and i was bummed i could not make it last year. But rest assured, the Pozole will return for 2018!!! I have lots of things to offer, well running chainsaw even in freezing temps, splitting maul and diamond wedge for the big stuff, a community axe i would not mind bringing if others would like. Just have a rule with my chainsaw.... Im the one who will run it for safety reasons. Id rather someone else not get hurt in case of an accident. Also for the cutting implements since they will be used alot, i have a pretty neat tool ill bring to show everyone how to get some life back into the old worn out hand saws. I have a large 14" dutch oven i can bring along but it does not have legs. Do we need a platform to set pots to boil and cook on over the fire? if not i can whip something up if need be. All in all i think i finally locked down my sleep system to handle the cold weather. last years camp got down to 5 and i was borderline sweating... good thing i diddnt wear cotton...

I plan on filming as much as possible to document the adventure this year so look out for a video soon after i get back. In the meantime here is a video i shot last year. Check out the setup! only thing i diddnt show was my wool blanket i wrap my upper body with before i pull up the topquilt and i put my jacket around the footbox at night when i take it off to add some warmth around my feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spPTGGIfXLI

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast